rocket

The Notorious Can Incident

I saw some of the mods with a picture of cans in there post...with the words "Nothing to see here" on them. Do we really need to be this immature? Both sides. some of the cans were dumb. "mzly yzly" or "herpy dooves muffins". But they removed them from the game. But then the mods have those pictures in there posts? Why can't they just get over it. No offense to the mods or anybody.Some people didn't like their idea and its gone.

Edited by R-Dog2422
  • Like 2

I saw some of the mods with a picture of cans in there post...with the words "Nothing to see here" on them. Do we really need to be this immature? Both sides. some of the cans were dumb. "mzly yzly" or "herpy dooves muffins". But they removed them from the game. But then the mods have those pictures in there posts? Why can't they just get over it. No offense to the mods or anybody.Some people didn't like their idea and its gone.

post-6059-0-96937700-1352583372_thumb.pn

Sorry but the image above is the first thing that came to mind when reading your post.

Its just the Mods having a little sense of humor........ Is that also to be removed???

Lighten up its not the end of the world as we know it. Well not yet anyways.

• Like 2

Bought this over from a discussion going on, well, everywhere.

People keep saying this like:

1. It's an absolute truth rather than an opinion.
  2. It's the worst thing, ever. Literally pony cancer.
  3. It is impossible to change.

I'm an ultra-realism, ultra RP-er. So of course, some decisions aren't the ones I would make. But the mere fact the mod is going in any direction at all, is a good thing. There are some systemic and communications issues, yes. I'm not surprised in the slightest. I haven't seen a professional company avoid these kinds of issues, let alone a rag-tag group of loosely connected individuals working on a community mod project. Let's not slaughter everyone just because something didn't go quite according to plan and some people think it's going in the wrong direction.

At worst, there is some dialogue missing between parties. I've talked with some of the key players and I'll get out my big stick and make sure that happens.

So, can we please stop clubbing each other to death over this for the moment? There are plenty of other things to club to death, like baby seals for instance.

Here is a club:

post-199-0-87576200-1361892955_thumb.jpg

and a baby seal:

post-199-0-45933400-1361892948_thumb.jpg

Enjoy

Hey, I was born in Churchill, Manitoba...we club baby seals for a living. Is that what all this is about?

I for one vote that clubbing baby seals should be included in the SA!!!

locking thread. The issue is over, let sleeping dogs lie.

To sum up:

• Cans were put in as a tribute to mods by *some* devs (not all).
  • Mods had no input on the matter, and found out after the fact.
  • Devs responded to complaints.
  • Cans canned.
  • Development communication improved.

Let us all move on together as a single gaming community to help improve both the mod and the standalone. While you may have different opinions on the actions taken, the ultimate outcome is a lesson learned for the development team for future iterations :)

• Like 12