rocket

The Notorious Can Incident

I think it is a conspiracy to hid the real fact. They discovered horse meat in the can food and horse DNA in the soda cans. So they started all the rediculous over-reaction to hide it and agreed to a call back to cover up the truth. Read the truth hear www.dayz.com/horse-meat-discovered-in-can-08695%

*mod note: nothing to see here :ph34r:

Edited by UbiquitousBadGuy
  • Like 9

Essentially the point is that there was a disconnect between the communities.

Community ( A ) had a large conversation on a certain update, and decided on performing that update with the consensus of a large portion of that community.

Community ( B ) felt left out of said conversation and decision, and retaliated before understanding all the facts.

Much name calling and poor words were then exchanged. Both parties at large are still arguing over things that no longer really make any sense. The bigger issue in all this is not that a change was made, but that there was a disconnect in communication between the parties.

Since both communities are quite large and are capable of pushing their weight around either way, it is my personal recommendation that the DEV team elicit conversation between both communities in full prior to making a change, whether it be directly within both communities or via a third party site.

Note: I am part of both communities, but have been more a member of ( B ) in the past few months. Needed to say that or else ( B ) will get up in my grill xD

Edited by Guidez
  • Like 14

Well, the cans are gone. Hopefully we can get something similar into the next update, as I was personally really enjoying the new variety of items and just how it was mixing up the game a little.

Perhaps someone would be kind enough as to make some new items with different names. Hell, maybe I'll start thinking of some logos on GIMP right now.

• Like 4

Fuck that shit, they wont whine about immersion if you add this:

NP1bSib.jpg

• Like 14

When I came here yesterday I thought I made a misstake and accidentaly went to warz forums with all the fighting going on :(

Lets all hug and love each other again :)

• Like 12

i think it is a disgrace (on dayz community level) that they were removed...from all related threads a vast majority liked the update and the cans...and I dare you to correct me, because i read ALL of them...

Edited by joe_mcentire
  • Like 8

Was I the only one proceeding on my trip north with mostly trail mix packets? I figured the protein and energy boost would help... Oh well, beans it is!!

When I came here yesterday I thought I made a misstake and accidentaly went to warz forums with all the fighting going on :(

Lets all hug and love each other again :)

Totally agreed.

• Like 1

i think it is a disgrace (on dayz community level) that they were removed...from all related threads a vast majority liked the update and the cans...and dare you to correct me, because i read ALL of them...

This summarizes the effective of most conversations yesterday:

• Like 1

Where are all these people to thank the Mods and Devs for their decision of removing the "break-my-immersion-beans" ?

Oh that's right. They only reason they made an account or droped by here, is to raise hell and move away.

Edited by Meik0
  • Like 3

It seems like cooler minds are starting to prevail. I have to say, props to the mods for all the work they put in, but it was kind of dismaying to see how some of them acted in the previous "cans" thread. First off, there is no "better" DayZ community. Seeing some of the posts that suggested that others' opinions weren't valid because they didn't put in extra time moderating the dayzmod.com forum came off as extremely entitled. The bashing of reddit was pretty immature as well. These forums, reddit, SA, the hundreds of smaller community forums based around DayZ... all are valid communities and all have mods and server admins that put in their own personal time to build the entire DayZ community that we all love. Please keep in mind that the community the current development team is developing for is much, much larger than these forums and so they should be cognizant of making sure the wider community's opinions are taken into consideration.

• Like 10

I hope the haters get shot with an AS50.

Brah- where have you been? We use clubs 'round here.

• Like 1

297 baby seals later....still can not understand that people really believe that they could find Mountain Dew and Frank and Beans in a small foodstore in some small russian country somewhere at the caspian sea and a ww2 riffle like the Lee Endfield in every second building ( truely realistic and immersive) but do not have the humor to accept some Derpy muffins just for a smile...

• Like 2

Where are all these people to thank the Mods and Devs for their decision of removing the "break-my-immersion-beans" ?

Oh that's right. They only reason they made an account or droped by here, is to raise hell and move away.

Did you even read the original post?

Brah- where have you been? We use clubs 'round here.

I know, I know, but assholes prefer 50's to kill people, unarmed, and alone, to their back.

I prefer hatchets over anything.

I just hope the get clubbed to death..

Only problem is, they adding new things instead of fixing old knowns bugs and glitches. People just angry, because they waiting game improvement, not cosmetic and unexpected changes.

And I'm affraid, in next arma and standalone will be more textures, square kilometers and types of weapon, but still, from OF1984, the biggest challenge in game will be opening doors, using ledders and doing other actions that should be not detract from the game.

Edited by Dudeist
  • Like 1

Well, the cans are gone. Hopefully we can get something similar into the next update, as I was personally really enjoying the new variety of items and just how it was mixing up the game a little.

I agree, I was excited when I saw they added new types of food and drink.

• Like 3

So, lets recap.

-New Dev does noble thing by implementing community driven easter eggs in the form of in-game food (Removing what could potential become corporate sponsorship?)

-Stampede of jealous and bitter Redditors spread mis-information and mob Reddit and forums screaming like children until they get their way claiming immersion when there are so many ridiculous

illogical concepts in DayZ their argument is lunacy

-New Dev doesn't stick by his guns and removes aforementioned implementation to remain political to a small minority of people (weak)

Create a poll already so we can bury the hatchet. Hey look, a pun.

• Like 19

Only problem is, they adding new things instead of fixing old knowns bugs and glitches. People just angry, because they waiting game improvement, not cosmetic and unexpected changes.

And I'm affraid, in next arma and standalone will be more textures, square kilometers and types of weapon, but still, from OF1984, the biggest challenge in game will be still opening doors, using ledders and doing other actions that should be not detract from the game.

Some bugs cannot be fixed sadly. It's a mod. They are not developing with an engine. They are tweaking values and tweaking takes time, efford plus trial and error.

I don't really get all the hoopla going arround...

Everyone is saying that the new cans ruin the immersion in the game. I personally think it's just a texture, and I like the new variety of food and drinks.

• Like 3