r4z0r49

DayZ Mod 1.7.6.1 Hotfix

I wasn't able to get on in the past 24hrs, so I'll never get to see my can. A great shame. I guess I'll take a trip to balotabuddies cause they're keeping them in

Edited by Powell
  • Like 2

I have to say that I'm sorry. I was complaining toward the food-names as well, without even testing the new version, my complains where based on the change log.

Today I played the game and realized that the moderator names are only in the item description and the item itself is named properly (soda), (canned beans).

I'm fine with the way that this was added to the game. I will continue to play with 1.7.6.

:facepalm:

You realize you claimed you were going to stop playing the game over this, right? :emptycan:

Edited by klesh
  • Like 16

:facepalm:

You realize you claimed you were going to stop playing the game over this, right? :emptycan:

you realise he actually took the time to say sorry, right? :)

• Like 10

It saddens me that this hotfix demonstrates how people can put literally weeks of work into something, only to have it ruined and shat all over by a bunch of f#@%ing whining.

Just wanted to add, that if during the "weeks of work" someone had bothered to ask any other part of the community outside of dayzmod-forum about their opinion (yes, they are a part of the community too) things might have gone differently, Currently there are 469 /r/dayz members, out of almost 50.000 online on reddit. Eventough the forum has about 1600 viewers, only about 240 of them are members of the forum. irgnoring those, isn't just "a couple"

when deans beanz were suggested a few weeks ago, the overwhelming majority on reddit,disliked it for the reason of not wanting any funny development-eastereggs in dayZ. Funny cans were posted on reddit as well as here in the forum. No discussion about including them into the game were made tough.

The major difference between vanilla dayz and the other mods has always been, that the private mods can do whatever they want, while the vanilla mod is supposed to be "developed by the community". Given that, most people were just upset that the release-log was posted so close to the release, that there was no time to express concerns with enough time to do something about it.

I personally think the vast majority of the changes in this patch are awesome. I think no one had problems with those. Considering that these can-designs are around for only a few weeks and aren't connected in any way to the other changes that were made, putting them on hold until the next patch might have been the wiser move. But that aside, the fingerpointing and bitching on both sides is more than ridiculous. There is no right and wrong side, as both sides have proven to be as stupid about their own opinion, as the other side is about theirs. It's not even about arguments anymore, it's only about which side has a right to be pissed off.

Edited by liquidmind
  • Like 8

im staying on 1.6.1, so go away whiners, i get enough stuff ruined already, so please put the cans back in

EDIT: i meant 1.7.6

Edited by Perigrin
  • Like 1

Sure, it just demonstrates that research before running your mouth is best practice.

• Like 2

It seems I've missed something, why were they removed?

• Like 3

Bullshit, now we are stuck we the same can over and over, seriously, people bitching about these "easter egg" are retard ..

• Like 4

I have to say that I'm sorry. I was complaining toward the food-names as well, without even testing the new version, my complains where based on the change log.

Today I played the game and realized that the moderator names are only in the item description and the item itself is named properly (soda), (canned beans).

I'm fine with the way that this was added to the game. I will continue to play with 1.7.6.

Yes you were bithcing for hours ! We told you severals time that the names only appears in the description only but this is easier to bitch and cry that to know what youre talking about before open your mouth hey ?

• Like 3

Based on Liquid's response I propose an old-western style duel between the communities. The losers must then assimilate :lol:

• Like 2

This probably isn't the proper place for this comment so please let me know. I didn't have a huge problem with the food names. Then again, I only played for a few hours yesterday and didn't get to run around much. I did see an abundance of straight razors, I'm assuming this is a nod to R4ZOR49, and toilet paper appearing in barns. Like I said the food names were fine, but I'm not sure how I feel about all the straight razors and toilet paper. I mean straight razors haven't been in wide circulation since the twenties. I use a safety razor and feel like a fossil.

On an actual gameplay note. I think the zombies seem to work much better, they don't glitch through walls as much and I love that you can be running through an open field alone in the far north and they spawn based on your presence (try it its true). But, they are so dumb again. I miss the 1.7.5 level of voracity with which they hunted and grouped together.

Anyway, no one asked me, but I think there are a lot of things to discuss with 1.7.6 and very few of them are negative. Seriously has anyone else even noticed that Zeds spawn in rural locations? I haven't seen it mentioned once.

Edited by DrGonzo
  • Like 4

Wow.... I really loved the new items. Sad to see the whiny kids get their way.

:(

• Like 7

Wow.... I really loved the new items. Sad to see the whiny kids get their way.

:(

Yeah so true Raptor3550, a shame most whiney kids always get their way :(

atleast they havent removed the .50 cals yet ^^

• Like 2

I was going to hate the new item names, but I decided to keep my mouth shut until seeing them in game. I haven't tried the update, but I saw a screenshot of the new food items in the inventory, and they weren't distracting at all. Maybe if this screenshot would have been provided by the developers in the change log this whole mess wouldn't exist. :rolleyes:

Communication, folks, communication. Both "sides" :thumbsup:

• Like 3

There still is "Supermarket Simulator 2013" for the nostalgic ^_^

I just hope the team doesn't feel like the community is being ungrateful. I think they share the same passion and love for this great mod. Thank you again for listening to the community!

Edited by Olivier L
  • Like 3

Fok Off. We don't need your sorry asses to come back here. Whiny little kiddies. Go back to reddit.

Thanks for taking a nice new variety of food out of the game whiners >:\

• Like 4

I browse the Dayz subreddit everyday and I honestly don't know why it blew up there.. To me, adding these food and drinks was no big deal.

• Like 1

Wow some people are just a bunch of sensitive, snide assholes ... I thought/think it sounded/sounds pretty cool. Backfired? Lols ... people need to get their head our of their asses and enjoy the little things ...

• Like 1

It saddens me that this hotfix demonstrates how people can put literally weeks of work into something, only to have it ruined and shat all over by a bunch of f#@%ing whining.

you have a lot to learn about how the world works.

• Like 1

At least make a poll before you take it out... Of course all the people who disagree are going to be the loudest.

Edited by Boar Annihilator