r4z0r49

1.7.6 Cans and Drinks

Err, we didn't :/

News just in, we don;t make the game we just moderate the forums. Thanks for summarizing, when you head back over there can you explain the difference between a forum mod and a game dev? It might help clear up some confusion. Cheers.

But whoever is developing the mod now did include you guys in the list of things to add. I used the wrong word, sue me, but the fact is even as forum mods you guys had a tribute put in (you were very vocal about yours) and I go back to my main point, where are Dean's Beans or any tribute to Rocket for that matter?

• Like 1

@FistyMart, Col Brown, New Clear Winter.

You see your arguments are not valid and your behavior is immature. I'm astonished that there is such extend to this. I've read nearly every little idiotic thing that your "group" said. Immersion, tha names, arrogance and all of this shit.

I don't appreciate your attitude and quite frankly your behavior is the only one that is immature and arrogant. Our "group" as you say are only voicing our concerns.

If you're only going to insult us and are not going to submit anything worthwhile into the discussion, please don't bother posting.

• Like 4

But whoever is developing the mod now did include you guys in the list of things to add. I used the wrong word, sue me, but the fact is even as forum mods you guys had a tribute put in (you were very vocal about yours) and I go back to my main point, where are Dean's Beans or any tribute to Rocket for that matter?

You didn't just use a wrong word dude, go and look at your post, you used a whole wrong sentence. I had to correct it because it's important that people understand we had no hand in putting them in the game.

Regarding everything else, you'll have to ask the devs, as I explained, I'm just a forum moderator and my opinion on the game is no more important than yours.

Edited by Fraggle

You're in an east bloc former soviet state, and you expect to find half of these things laying around? In America maybe, but not Chernarus.

Accept what it as reality and move on this is not your baby its theres. If you dont like what you see than dont play. That is your choie just like its the dev teams on what gose in and what dose not.

Hang on a sec... So where's all the people that hated it now? Did they run out of steam already?

This happens after every patch TBH so I guess it may as well have been about tinned goods, rather that than bloody zombie AI or dogs.

Well Fragge what would you like those people to say? They wanted a change and they got it why would they continue to argue?

• Like 1

And I have to agree with NewClearWinter, we voice our opinions and even some of the staff are lashing out at us? (I used mod instead of dev by accident, you stil know what I mean) and we are called immature, are told we're whining, etc. Maybe accept that there are differing opinions than yours. What was it one of you said? "Who are you to judge what fits in DayZ" or something along those lines? I might ask you the same, the arrogance in here is horrible.

And Fraggle, you corrected me. Ok. My bad. But its unbecoming of staff to take sides in an argument then respond with stuff like "Hang on a sec... So where's all the people that hated it now? Did they run out of steam already?" and to keep arguing with players in YOUR community voicing our opinions, which I might add are equally valid as anyone else's.

Edited by Col Brown
  • Like 1

This has to be the most enraging f***king thing I have read within this community.

You mean to tell me a portion of people who play a mod (that is free - kind of like the rent you don't pay or the meals you don't cook at your Mother's house) are actually complaining about something they should have no right to complain about? This mod was released for free. These forums are free. The people who support the community since Day 1 earned the right to be a mod. They put their stripes in. What did you do, you whiney, jealous, undeserving little brat? They stood by the project before the bandwagon came through. Are they lucky? Maybe a little. But it has nothing to do with the fact that this mod, regardless of what right you think you have or voice you want to contribute is a privilege to play.

Furthermore, if you think that names of in game food have any effect on anything other than your own jealousy, you are delusional. What you fail to realize is that playing this mod is a privilege. I don't care if you bought Arma 2 to play DayZ, you didn't buy DayZ yet so stop your crying.

Finally, it is the developers discretion to put in anything they want, hence they are the developers. If you are so fu***ing cheeky and jealous that you actually wouldn't buy the standalone because of some in game food items named after people who supported the mod before you even knew it existed then let them get their reward you jealous, undeserving, whiny, fickle person, you. Anybody can see, you are just jealous and you should be happy for them, ashamed of yourself and apologize.

Also, I said this before and I will say it again, fu** Reddit and the whiney little kid mods who run the DayZ subreddit.

edit: Also, cut the crap with this "immersion" argument bullsh**. DayZ is played by people from all over the world with different types of food from different places so half these names could have been real food somewhere in Europe and I wouldn't have known the difference. There is some products here in California that you wouldn't have any clue were real or named after moderators if people hadn't said it.

Edited by rhinoCRUNCH
  • Like 14

Accept what it as reality and move on this is not your baby its theres. If you dont like what you see than dont play. That is your choie just like its the dev teams on what gose in and what dose not.

Actually it's not "their" baby......it's a community mod. You should google it. And yeah I guess technically it's only a few guys who are actually doing the work. And I wouldn't even know where to start making actual changes within the code itself. But I trust that the Dev Team will follow through with Rocket's wishes by keeping this Mod open and accepting of feedback, And I'm glad we have a good enough Staff that they actually listened and I thank them.

• Like 1

Aw, I'm quite disappointed. I'm more disappointed in the community, though. Seriously, I'm sitting back here wondering "why the hell do I put my time in for these guys?" Obviously this doesn't apply to all of you, but damn. Appreciate the fact so much damn work is put into the mod, not explode cause some can has a fucking name on it you don't recognize in the real world

Edited by Powell

Whoa, whoa, whoa, hold the fuck up there. Last I recall this was Rocket's baby, they stepped up and took over when he went to work on the SA. This is a community mod, and it takes feedback from - you guessed it, the community - and takes it into consideration. We're the community, so...

Edited by Col Brown
  • Like 6

Actually it's not "their" baby......it's a community mod.

Oh really ? Submit for a developer then and do the amount of work they do for free and we will talk again at that time.

wlazyo.jpg

• Like 1

I am dissappointed in the DayZ subreddit and the Community, the mods put in a LOT of work for free and are very fair, why does everybody hate them ?

• Like 1

I am dissappointed in the DayZ subreddit and the Community, the mods put in a LOT of work for free and are very fair, why does everybody hate them ?

I actually like what the staff is doing, it was just that even some of them joined in on bashing our completely valid opinions on this issue along with the arrogant, immature community members who think they run the game.

• Like 2

This is a realistic zombie survival simulation.

There is nothing realistic about a zombie apocalyse m8

• Like 4

There is nothing realistic about a zombie apocalyse m8

Not the zombies, but look past that small detail and this is based on Arma, one of the most realistic simulators out there.

• Like 1

Bashed, or corrected? There's been a heck of a lot of misinformation floating around here and reddit due to this issue...

• Like 1

Whoa, whoa, whoa, hold the fuck up there. Last I recall this was Rocket's baby, they stepped up and took over when he went to work on the SA. This is a community mod, and it takes feedback from - you guessed it, the community - and takes it into consideration. We're the community, so...

Takes it into consideration. yes

Thinking that you should have more say than they. no

Your 100% Right this is a community mod but the community's opintion is just that the community's opintion.

Your all acting like the dev team did not think this through. It was intrusted to them in good fath. Rocket would not have handed his baby off to them if he did not trust them.

Bashed, or corrected? There's been a heck of a lot of misinformation floating around here and reddit due to this issue...

He corrected me when I accidentally used mod instead of dev, then started going off on us who are opposed to this like everyone else.

This has to be the most enraging f***king thing I have read within this community.

You mean to tell me a portion of people who play a mod (that is free - kind of like the rent you don't pay or the meals you don't cook at your Mother's house) are actually complaining about something they should have no right to complain about? This mod was released for free. These forums are free. The people who support the community since Day 1 earned the right to be a mod. They put their stripes in. What did you do, you whiney, jealous, undeserving little brat? They stood by the project before the bandwagon came through. Are they lucky? Maybe a little. But it has nothing to do with the fact that this mod, regardless of what right you think you have or voice you want to contribute is a privilege to play.

Furthermore, if you think that names of in game food have any effect on anything other than your own jealousy, you are delusional. What you fail to realize is that playing this mod is a privilege. I don't care if you bought Arma 2 to play DayZ, you didn't buy DayZ yet so stop your crying.

Finally, it is the developers discretion to put in anything they want, hence they are the developers. If you are so fu***ing cheeky and jealous that you actually wouldn't buy the standalone because of some in game food items named after people who supported the mod before you even knew it existed then let them get their reward you jealous, undeserving, whiny, fickle person, you. Anybody can see, you are just jealous and you should be happy for them, ashamed of yourself and apologize.

Also, I said this before and I will say it again, fu** Reddit and the whiney little kid mods who run the DayZ subreddit.

If you think I'm jealous you are sadly mistaken. I'm have absolutely no knowledge on coding or adding anything into the physical game itself. I am grateful that we have a staff that is willing to do all the hard work, and I know they don't get the thanks they deserve. But I'm not jealous and wouldn't be shallow enough to give a shit. If(Big IF) I was a on the actual Dev Team or a Mod on this site I would not mind one bit if my name was not on a piece of food in a video game. I would actually be against it still and would voice my opinion.

And you're right everything in this Mod is %100 free. But does that mean we should just accept every single thing they add into the game without quesiton? Are you really that willing to just take anything they give to you? Let's say this patch was absolutely terrible ( Ex. Added in Go Karts / Chainsaws/ Bunny Costumes/ Clown Suits, etc) Would you really say nothing even if you disagreed just because the mod is free? This is a community mod for the hundredth time.

Are you the kind of guy who doesn't vote just because "You get what you get and you don't get upset?"

Feedback is part of it. Get over it.

Edited by NewClearWinter
  • Like 5

Takes it into consideration. yes

Thinking that you should have more say than they. no

Your 100% Right this is a community mod but the community's opintion is just that the community's opintion.

Your all acting like the dev team did not think this through. It was intrusted to them in good fath. Rocket would not have handed his baby off to them if he did not trust them.

I'm not saying that we have more say than anyone, I'm saying that you don't. Some of the arrogant pricks up here have been acting like their opinions are the only ones that matter.

• Like 1

As a server admin, I full heartedly admit that I was pretty pissed off at the addition of food and drink in this new patch, but only for one reason. I was angry because the update was released without a modified BATTLEYE script filter to allow these foods to be used in private hives without being kicked. For a good hour or so, until Dwarden came out with that awesome fix, I had 50/50 people circulating in and out of my server getting kicked left and right. They were really ticked off, and that kinda hurt my rep for a few people that don't understand what its like to administrate a DayZ server.

I am all for giving people credit where it is due, especially for everyone's hard work on this awesome mod. But this backfired for a different reason for me. Now that I have fixed them, it is pretty cool. I don't see people complaining in-game... actually most people love asking WTF IS THIS TOILET PAPER AND NEW FOOD WTF lol.

<3 Whatever you decide... I hope it is for the best :)

All my lurv,

-Kevin

He corrected me when I accidentally used mod instead of dev, then started going off on us who are opposed to this like everyone else.

Are you trolling me? Please go and read back over the last few posts. I had to correct you as you made a comment that was entrely wrong and it's comments like that which have led to some of the hatred aimed at us even though we had literally nothing to do with the additions to the mod.

• Like 1

I started the Reddit thread today and I can honestly say that I am sorry for any misinformation I or others in it had. More transparency prior to this would have cleared a lot of it up and saved the backlash.

I can also say thank you for listening and being willing to compromise going forward. I am looking forward to seeing what the community can come up with to resolve the issue.

• Like 3

Let's say this patch was absolutely terrible ( Ex. Added in Go Karts / Chainsaws/ Bunny Costumes/ Clown Suits, etc) Would you really say nothing even if you disagred just because the mod is free? This is a community mod for the hundredth time. Feedback is part of it. Get over it.

Let's say that my grandma has wheels. :rolleyes:

You, great community contributor. Where were you, when the devs where working for the 3D models? When they announced that some of them are actually going to make it in the patch ?

And if you knew better, not a single mod asked for his 3D model to make it into game. They started for the lols.

I dont even care about Low Karma bro :

http://www.reddit.co...ed_in_the_dayz/

Now i don't have a reddit account and i won't make one because reddit gives cancer. But if i had i would upvote that.

Edited by Meik0
  • Like 1