r4z0r49

1.7.6 Cans and Drinks

Tons of people have the same qualms, I came back just to put my 2 cents in and get told to off myself by some prick. Here, Reddit, multiple communities are shaking their heads.

• Like 1

Too be completely honest, this is still the vocal minority on BOTH sides of the coin. Vast majority of players don't come on here to bitch or praise. So for them to do anything at this point, is just catering to the vocal minority on both sides of this debate.

The people that come here are the ones that are passionate about the mod and the direction it takes. Before Dean left the mod in the "community's" hands, everyone here had some sort of voice to help determine what DayZ would be like after a new patch, and it turned out fantastic. Now, this voice is deafened more and more and we start to see stuff like these food trinkets appear, so I'm worried that this will spiral the mod into something none of us will like. Then the players that don't come here or in any community regarding DayZ will stop playing the game as well and everyone will lose.

Edit:

this is exactly what I've been trying to put forward here. A quote from one community member about how the development of the mod is starting to slide off the track and into the abyss.

After discovering that the DayZMod GitHub (where everyone thought the code for the DayZ Mod was located) was abandoned in favour of a hidden, private repository, I commented noting that maintaining two identical repositories is highly unusual and untrustworthy, and asked why maintain a hidden, private one when there is a perfectly usable public repository that everyone can view.

Minutes after posting this comment, the "issues" section of the repository was deleted, along with all the comments regarding this issue. A small comment was added at the bottom about how all issues are being tracked on dev-heaven, but no responses were made to any of my comments. The issue this thread pertains to was formerly available at https://github.com/R4Z0R49/DayZMod/issues/398.

source

Edited by LeYuno
  • Like 1

Bingo, and as someone who plays on a HEAVILY modded server, all of the stuff that happens on public servers won't affect me but still... this is the first sign of this mod heading in the wrong direction.

• Like 1

Well, if you asked the comunity in advance if they want food named after mods, than you would get a clear answer and would save somebody from wasting the time it took to create those new cans.

Get it?

I would like to hear the ''clear'' answer very much and I am also yet to see a reasonable proposal by unhappy parties what should be done about it, as going trough all the posts all I see is we were victimized

Edited by Colonel-Wicked

Meh, I'm not going to stop playing the game because they added dumb ass names for food to it but is it stupid? Yes, very.

• Like 2

this is the first sign of this mod heading in the wrong direction.

People keep saying this like:

1. It's true
  2. It's the worst thing, ever. Literally pony cancer.
  3. It is impossible to change that.

I'm an ultra-realism, ultra RP-er. So of course, some decisions aren't mine. But the mere fact the mod is going in any direction at all, is a good thing. There are some systemic and communications issues, yes. I'm not surprised in the slightest. I have seen a professional company avoid these kinds of issues, let alone a rag-tag group of loosely connected individuals working on a community mod project. Let's not slaughter everyone just because something didn't go quite according to plan and some people think it's going in the wrong direction.

At worst, there is some dialogue missing between parties. I've talked with some of the key players and I'll get out my big stick and make sure that happens.

So, can we please stop clubbing each other to death other this for the moment? There are plenty of other things to club to death, like baby seals for instance.

Here is a club:

post-199-0-50655600-1361892510_thumb.jpg

and a baby seal:

post-199-0-74123400-1361892469_thumb.jpg

Enjoy

EDIT: Dammit, I posted in wrong place...

• Like 17

Not happy with the decision. As I said above there is not single evidence that the majority of the community demands the items to be removed completely.

I understand you guys trying to ''ease'' the forums right now and being open to changes that the community agrees upon but backing up from this entirely is not the way to go about it in my humble opinion.

• Like 8