r4z0r49

1.7.6 Cans and Drinks

You will probably find that the people who don't like something will be more vocal than those who do. I wasn't going to comment on the food and drink names specifically but because of this thread I have to say that I thought it was fine and a good way to show support!

There is no need to remove them.

If you think it is such an immersion breaker perhaps you should go immerse yourself in real life for a while.

• Like 4

Oh c'mon people. Don't spoil the COD kiddies. If it was their name they would be even telling the school.

Don't even change that. It's a shame. The mods deserve it and it's a kind of easter egg.

The best solution would be to make all these items like mountain dew. Drop their spawn rate and everything will be alright.

Edited by Meik0
  • Like 3

I am so pissed with the new amount of food models and personal logo’s. Why didn’t you guys spend your free time making "Browns" Adult Diapers and “Preparation H” instead of this crap!!!!!

And to think you had the nerve to add your own names to the products!!!

Nah, all good. I say keep ‘em. Great idea team. Keep it up.

Edited by HULL_CREATURE
  • Like 1

As per usual, more people will voice their opinion of annoyance than those that are impartial or offering praise.

Those that speak up dont always represent the majority remember, either way I guess it's a wise business decision in the end.

I do appreciate the feedback from you guys. Sorry it offended so many of you.

Feel free to address your concerns & suggestions in my thread with the new food models.

http://dayzmod.com/f...ies-215-update/

Hey man I don't want you to think we don't like the designs themselves. Because you did a really good job with that part and they do look nice. I appreciate the hard work you must have put into it. It's just the names that need changing in all honesty. I'm sorry your hard work isn't being recognized in a positive light but I'm really glad about the names change.

• Like 5

Oh c'mon people. Don't spoil the COD kiddies. If it was their name they would be even telling the school.

Don't even change that. It's a shame. The mods deserve it and it's a kind of easter egg.

The best solution would be to make all these items like mountain dew. Drop their spawn rate and everything will be alright.

You see it wouldn't even be half as bad if it was rare like mountain dew. But it's hardly an Easter Egg when it's on the most common items in the game....

Easter Eggs are supposed to be unique and few and far between.

• Like 1

Like I've said, the only way I and a lot of us on Reddit (go check it out, top post on /r/DayZ and may I say the shit has hit the fan over there) would even consider something like this is if the names are changed and you add something for Rocket. I'd rather not be moving across NWAF at night, getting into an operation, then look down and find a can labeled Derpy Hooves at my feet. (I mean no offense to the guy or anything, but it doesn't fit DayZ.)

• Like 4

well, i think is nice this new thinks, even the names can be a little betters,and i will see the "skins", but good work =D

Hang on a sec... So where's all the people that hated it now? Did they run out of steam already?

This happens after every patch TBH so I guess it may as well have been about tinned goods, rather that than bloody zombie AI or dogs.

:ph34r: 's?

It's a nice gesture an all and I appreciate that the team have put in hard work, but it really breaks the emmersion in my opinion.

Couldn't they have at least been designed relative to the game? Keeping it grounded is the best way to go.

None of that "leetspeak" and inside joke nonsense. Keep it clean and true to Chernarus but that's my two cents.

Cheers,

FM

Edit: as NewClearWinter has said, JoeysLucky22, you did an amazing job! It's just the names on the items that I have a problem with.

A nice way to leave a gesture of thanks to the mods could be to leave some graffiti messages scattered around on walls.

Then the emmersion isn't broken, because it can be taken as an individual from Chernarus writing whatever they pleased.

Edited by FistyMart
  • Like 2

please explain to me how in the real world how all names of products are "cool" or "realistic". The brands were put in to become staples of the game or to referance things. Do you complain about refences like this in games like fallout? These proucts are made to be real in the game itself, the unverse being created isn't ment to be an exact replica of the real world.

Create a Poll

I dont see a problem, best thing to do would be to give them a low drop rate.

please explain to me how in the real world how all names of products are "cool" or "realistic". The brands were put in to become staples of the game or to referance things. Do you complain about refences like this in games like fallout? These proucts are made to be real in the game itself, the unverse being created isn't ment to be an exact replica of the real world.

You're in an east bloc former soviet state, and you expect to find half of these things laying around? In America maybe, but not Chernarus.

• Like 1

Like I've said, the only way I and a lot of us on Reddit (go check it out, top post on /r/DayZ and may I say the shit has hit the fan over there) would even consider something like this is if the names are changed and you add something for Rocket. I'd rather not be moving across NWAF at night, getting into an operation, then look down and find a can labeled Derpy Hooves at my feet. (I mean no offense to the guy or anything, but it doesn't fit DayZ.)

You know you can walk away from the game anytime if it offends you so much.

I also like how you summarized what actually fits and what doesn't fit into dayz Mr community

Edited by Colonel-Wicked
  • Like 3

@FistyMart, Col Brown, New Clear Winter.

You see your arguments are not valid and your behavior is immature. I'm astonished that there is such extend to this. I've read nearly every little idiotic thing that your "group" said. Immersion, tha names, arrogance and all of this shit.

@Col Brown.

So you think they don't fit? What type of an argument is that? Does not fit the game. For starters who are you to judge what fits in a FREE MOD? And second, it's not like they replaced the UH1H with a pony. Get over it.

You are still not convinced? Don't give a shit

You know if you can walk away from the game anytime if it offends you so much.

I also like how you summarized what actually fits and what doesn't fit into dayz Mr community

I love DayZ, so I'll be damned if I walk away from it because the mods put a tribute in for themselves with stupid, almost corny, immersion breaking names. And I'm just summarizing Reddit's DayZ commnity's views, don't believe me? http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/ please go check for yourself. This is a realistic zombie survival simulation, some things don't fit.

• Like 4

Don't get me started on immersion! The fact you can run for ever without stopping or getting tired, that you know immediately how to use every piece of equipment or vehicle or tool that you come across, that morphine fixes broken legs, that you don't need sleep...

come on... If it is that much of a problem don't look at the label, just think of it as food.

On a side note I bet if you googled "weird canned food names" you would come up with "real life" cans with very strange names.

• Like 1

I love DayZ, so I'll be damned if I walk away from it because the mods put a tribute in for themselves with stupid, almost corny, immersion breaking names.

But they didn't.

• Like 3

You see your arguments are not valid and your behavior is immature. I'm astonished that there is such extend to this. I've read nearly every little idiotic thing that your "group" said. Immersion, tha names, arrogance and all of this shit.

@Col Brown.

So you think they don't fit? What type of an argument is that? Does not fit the game. For starters who are you to judge what fits in a FREE MOD? And second, it's not like they replaced the UH1H with a pony. Get over it.

I'd hardly say we're being immature, we're voicing our opinions same as you. DayZ is one of the few games that you can actually play tactically and with some skill, so I take it seriously. Call me more hardcore than you or what have you, fact is I am as much a part of the DayZ community as you, and I prefer to play with a tactical military approach. These names will break the immersion for me and for a lot of other communities, just because its mostly positive here doesn't mean that it is the sentiment everywhere.

• Like 4

You see it wouldn't even be half as bad if it was rare like mountain dew. But it's hardly an Easter Egg when it's on the most common items in the game....

Easter Eggs are supposed to be unique and few and far between.

Sounds like reasonable workaround to make everybody (somewhat, hopefully) happy, to make them bit like mountain dew. Rare-ish. Beans your way

• Like 2

I love DayZ, so I'll be damned if I walk away from it because the mods put a tribute in for themselves with stupid, almost corny, immersion breaking names. And I'm just summarizing Reddit's DayZ commnity's views, don't believe me? http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/ please go check for yourself. This is a realistic zombie survival simulation, some things don't fit.

Err, we didn't :/

News just in, we don't make the game we just moderate the forums and had nothing to do with them being introduced. Thanks for summarizing, when you head back over there can you explain the difference between a forum mod and a game dev? It might help clear up some confusion. Cheers.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 1

But they didn't.

So you honestly think in a post-apocalyptic former Soviet state "Derpy Hooves' Tinned Muffins" would be a common occurance.

• Like 3

This is a realistic zombie survival simulation, some things don't fit. *immersion*

-Immersion-

You know how to shoot a high caliber sniper rifle out of the blue.

You get a toolbox, you fix everything.

You broke your legs? No problem, we have morphine.

You need a bit of blood? Oh let's eat some beans.

No need for sleep.

No need for natural disposal of fluids or hard*if you know what i mean*.

You can run for ever.

And i can go for ever. If it was immersion you would go like this. "Fuck that name, i'm starving. Nom nom nom"

Get out of here.

I'd hardly say we're being immature, we're voicing our opinions same as you. DayZ is one of the few games that you can actually play tactically and with some skill, so I take it seriously. Call me more hardcore than you or what have you, fact is I am as much a part of the DayZ community as you, and I prefer to play with a tactical military approach. These names will break the immersion for me and for a lot of other communities, just because its mostly positive here doesn't mean that it is the sentiment everywhere.

Oh boy, when you get your self a reddit vote pole you are not expressing your opinion. You take action of your opinion. Raising hell for such a petty thing, for me is immature and close to nonsense.

Edited by Meik0
  • Like 7

@Col Brown.

Ok so you call us idiotic, immature and arrogant and don't even support any reasoning behind it. I'm glad you took the time to read "nearly everything" that was said.

And this is a fucking community mod. Do you know what that means? That means that if the community is unhappy with something then it will respond with feedback for a change which is exactly what we did. We're not just sitting there complaining for no reason either, we have reasons. We aren't just sitting there like "Cans R Stoopid and so r Mods."

Unlike you however who is just bitching about us "bitching" yet you don't even explain why you feel that "Herpy Derps Canned fucking Muffins" doesn't infact ruin immersion of a zombie apocalypse simulator (which is essentially what this mod is supposed to be. People play this game for the realism just as much as any other reason really and it's what Dean Hall and the community has always expected of the mod. Do they deserve an easter egg maybe or some recognition? Absolutely. But this is beyond Easter Eggs or little personal things left in by mods.

So why don't you respond with something useful that actually adds to the conversation instead of bitching about the complainers.

Edited by NewClearWinter
  • Like 5