Antipop (DayZ)

Want to host a DayZ Server? Read in here.

The reasons are pretty simple:

People can password their server and corrupt the database, add their own weapons, etc... that have affect on other servers.

Every server is taking up capacity that could be provided to others. Even a passworded (but empty) server is taking up performance.

Passworded servers prevent DayZ staff from going onto the server to check that it is still functioning.

DayZ was made as a project for EVERYONE not for the private enjoyment of others on private servers.

When you can provide a product that isn't full of holes\hacks\dupes OR allow people to PW their servers to keep hackers\cheaters off of them I will not invest in your project. I have no problem providing the staff of DayZ with the password, as well as any player for that matter (until they prove that they are a jackass)...

But when I spend an entire afternoon playing against people who just spawn their own gear, teleport people all over the map, make players break into song and dance, other interrupt my gaming experience in ways other that intended (I have no problem with gankers, noob killers, or whatever as long as they aren't cheating when they do it) it is complete bull shit...

We simply won't approve it. Our minimum slot count is 40.

That is pretty funny considering I saw tons of 20 and 30 slots servers this weekend. I even saw a 5 slot server.

When you can provide a product that isn't full of holes\hacks\dupes OR allow people to PW their servers to keep hackers\cheaters off of them I will not invest in your project. I have no problem providing the staff of DayZ with the password, as well as any player for that matter (until they prove that they are a jackass)...

But when I spend an entire afternoon playing against people who just spawn their own gear, teleport people all over the map, make players break into song and dance, other interrupt my gaming experience in ways other that intended (I have no problem with gankers, noob killers, or whatever as long as they aren't cheating when they do it) it is complete bull shit...

The mod is 100% free. If people do not like the rules or current situation, they are free to not host/play.

That is pretty funny considering I saw tons of 20 and 30 slots servers this weekend. I even saw a 5 slot server.

Some are private servers that are not connected to our database, some are extremely old servers that were created before the 40 slot requirement, and some are just plain openly breaking the rules.

To answer the next logical question, as to why nothing is seemingly done, there aren't enough resources. There are a large number of things being juggled by a small group of unpaid volunteers and at this point there is simply not enough manpower to get things done. That is the price for a 100% free mod. I don't mean any of what I just said sarcastically and I hope no one takes it as me trying to be rude, that's just the fact of the matter right now.

Some are private servers that are not connected to our database, some are extremely old servers that were created before the 40 slot requirement, and some are just plain openly breaking the rules.

To answer the next logical question, as to why nothing is seemingly done, there aren't enough resources. There are a large number of things being juggled by a small group of unpaid volunteers and at this point there is simply not enough manpower to get things done. That is the price for a 100% free mod. I don't mean any of what I just said sarcastically and I hope no one takes it as me trying to be rude, that's just the fact of the matter right now.

I heard the standalone version should cost 15 Euros. Regarding the number of players somebody want to make cash.... thats for sure. Can you please explain yourself?

And please dont tell me the standalone is a different thing.Before you can make money you need to invest. The standalone is clearly based on this mod, wich is the investment.

Hi just recently applied for me to set up a dedicated server, should i test run the server first before opening it to the public?? Thanks. :rolleyes:

There's life in this thread yet.

Hi just recently applied for me to set up a dedicated server, should i test run the server first before opening it to the public

Not really, you'll just get people moaning that you're farming stuff.

There's life in this thread yet.

Not really, you'll just get people moaning that you're farming stuff.

Oh ok then fair enough, I guess Dayz staff will test the servers then thats why they dont want admins to passworded the servers.... :|

I've had a lot of requests in regards to getting a server up and what kind of requirements are needed to run a DayZ server. So I thought I'd put together a small guide as to how to go about it.

DayZ was created for everyone. For all cultures. For all languages. Your ingame character can do anything, but as people - you should respect each other and the differences. DayZ was not scoped to support private experiences on private servers. If you are not happy sharing a server with other people, please do not request a server as it wastes our time and yours

First of all, a DayZ server requires Windows. RDP may be requested to audit your server or assist with install but these details will not be stored. Linux is not supported. If using a server provider ensure that the DayZ server mod (a dll) can be installed on it.

Where suspicion of server admin hacking or alteration exists, RDP will be requested by DayZ staff to investigate. RDP details will not be recorded and you are recommended to change passwords after this is done. Refusal to provide temporary RDP in this situation could result in your server being blacklisted.

Second, your server needs to be able to handle Terra-bytes of bandwidth monthly. Some servers are chewing through well over 2TB of bandwidth a month. So be mindful of that.

Thirdly, the specifications. Below is a rough list of requirements to have a comfortable 50 player server.

* Quad Core CPU @ 3Ghz+ (CPU is the main enforcer in a ArmA server, so the more powerful the better)

* 2GB+ Ram (Ram isn't a big issue in an ArmA server, so don't be overly concerned with having copious amounts [16GB+] of it as it won't be required)

* 50GB+ HDD (Preferably SATA3 or SSD) (ArmA 2 CO and the DayZ Mod take up approx. 20GB)

* Bandwidth at least 2TB a month. (As stated earlier, at least 2TB is required)

Finally, if you think you have what it takes, then we're more than happy to get your server running as soon as possible.

First point of call is to use the contact form on the main webpage and I'm sure they'll get in contact with you.

I'll be unable to provide the best 'Server Providers' to approach to get a good server, I leave that up to you. Just look through different providers, compare prices and specifications and ensure they match what a DayZ server requires.

UPDATE 14-MAY-2012

For any server admins who have been hesitant to give RDP information to us, then don't be afraid, we are opening the doors for everyone to setup their own DayZ servers! (Server admins who give Devs RDP will have priority in regards to new files, updates, restarts etc)

UPDATE 5-JUNE-2012

RDP is not required, it is discouraged. You may provide RDP to a volunteer or another server admin to help them assist with your install. These details will not be recorded by DayZ. Be CAREFUL who you provide your RDP details to as DayZ will never demand you provide these details.

UPDATE 1-JULY-2012

All server requests are now processed at support.dayzmod.com.

BEWARE - The same restrictions apply to Non-Dev run servers!

- IT MAY NEVER BE PASSWORDED

- NO OTHER KEYS OR MODS. NONE. PERIOD.

- NO KICKING TO MAKE ROOM FOR 'FRIENDS' OR CLANMATES

- NO LOCKING THE SERVER

- NO EDITING DAYZ/MISSION FILES

- IT'S YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO UPDATE YOUR SERVER TO THE LATEST VERSION OF DAYZ

-BATTLEYE MUST BE ENABLED

- Minimum slot count of 40 (30 for countries where bandwidth is expensive i.e. developing countries)

- Their are only two reasons why you, as a server owner, should ban a player on your server. Those two reasons are: Malicious talk, and racism. You may not ban a user for stealing your loot, killing you, spying on you, etc.

- You may only kick for disruptive behavior (such as continued VOIP over side channel). But you may not kick due to race or language or because the person does something you do not like.

- Kicking for extremely excessive ping or desync is permitted, but if abused is grounds for blacklisting

Failure to adhere to these rules will BAN YOUR SERVER'S IP from DayZ.

If you have any questions, then please post in this thread, or email me; dayzmatt@gmail.com

We're always on the look out for servers, so please feel free to contact us if you want to get involved!

How long should it take to set up a dedicated server once applied through the web order form ?? Thanks :D

For an instance ID? Can take a while, I've known people wait 10 days.

Hey, thanks for the replies at least I don't need to check my email everyday....for another... 7 days...... :D

The technical reasons are understandable, but what myself and others have been trying to say is that a large portion of the community does indeed want some degree of "private enjoyment" and the control that comes with it. It would add a lot to the experience.

Some (like me) would like passworded servers where we can keep the idiots and deathmatchers out. A roleplay server, for instance, will NEVER work without some kind of filtering process.

Others, mainly clanners, would like their own servers where they are all guaranteed access and their gear is persistent. I would say that the vast majority will not put their money into servers for long (if at all) if they have to wait in line for spots like the common rabble.

You've created something awesome here, and everyone (myself included) has been having a blast thanks to you. I get that it's in alpha and there are technical hurdles. I'm just saying that in the long run it's probably in the mod's best interests if there is a greater degree of flexibility.

+1 jnwp

Have the rules changed yet or are they likely to change?

I've been running and helping pay for the WaD servers for nearly 6 x years. We run DOD:S, TF2, L4D2, NS2, RO2, CS:GO - but I'll be b*ggered if I will waste my time running a server that I have minimal control over.

http://www.auswad.com

cheers

OldFart

P.S. I was sent this link - http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/forum/64-private-hive-discussion/

Would this allow us to run a "Private" server ?

Edited by oldfart

Hi i'm going to purchace ARMA 2 and Arrowhead tomorrow and am thinking about hosting a DAYZ server for my community on my dedi machine ,specs are i7 3930k ,32gb ddr3 ,1tb HDD , and a 1gb connection from reading this thread i can see i will have no trouble running one along with the other game servers i host,being a DAYZ noob myself ,my question is how hard or easy is it to configure a DAYZ server and get it up and running ?

Hi!

i've opened a ticket request for a server instance. been like 2 week now .. no reply :(

are you guy there or you are alll at E3 ?

thank you