Sign in to follow this  
wondermonkeys09

Skill tree based off of Playstyle and improved player bases.

As of now, the Hero benefits seem a bit under utilized. How about a skill tree based of of the Bandit or Hero play style. For example, if you are a hero, a perk might be faster bandaging or the ability to bind people without killing them. If you are more of a bandit guy, you could eventually sprint and reload, or reduce scope sway after running. I think a small skill tree would be AMAZING. It does not have to be much in the way of branching at the moment, but it should give older characters who have a set play style an advantage. I also think a middle ground Survivor tree would be a good idea, but I am unsure how you would get points for it. In this tree, you could run and not use as nearly much food/water, or be able to jog up a steeper angle, or as a top tier perk, make versatile cameo netting and gillie suits out of flora from a set of "blank" clothes that could be in the full version. These top tier effects should be pretty good, like in the Hero tree, you could give yourself a blood bag and the bullet proof vest. Not sure what a bandit top tier perk would be. You would get points based off of your humanity level, excluding the Survivor tree.

Another thing I would love to see is better player bases. I am not talking about massive forts with mounted machine guns, but perhaps camouflaged huts, or small underground holes which you could hide in and store gear much safer than those tents that stick out like sore thumbs. Please leave suggestions of your own, critiques, and ad-dons to my ideas in the section below. This game is the first of its kind (fuck you WarZ) and the potential is amazing.

Perks have been suggested many times and IMO they are not needed in a sanbox mod. I think as far is it should go the closest thing to a perk should be length of life which is made visible on a character i.e. beard torn clothes. Beyond that I dont feel perks are needed.

• Like 2

Perks have been suggested many times and IMO they are not needed in a sanbox mod. I think as far is it should go the closest thing to a perk should be length of life which is made visible on a character i.e. beard torn clothes. Beyond that I dont feel perks are needed.

Fair enough, but it would bring a sense of progression this game is seriously lacking, awesome as it is. Plus, I feel it would put a bit more influence on the whole bandit, survivor, or hero idea. And again, it does not have to be drastic or extensive.

I hear what your saying, there have been slight perks that come with the HERO skin. I'm not sure but I think hydra made a test video on youtube to measure its bullet impact on the hero vest compared to a normal survivor.

I hear what your saying, there have been slight perks that come with the HERO skin. I'm not sure but I think hydra made a test video on youtube to measure its bullet impact on the hero vest compared to a normal survivor.

I feel that if there are going to be perks at all, they a=should be a bit more extensive than they currently are.

I'm with S&P on this one. Skill trees area slippery slope once you introduce them.

I say keep 'em out of dayZ.

I could see a really minor perk system put in, such as faster bandaging, maybe a quicker recovery after running, very simple stuff like that, but I wouldn't want to see like a full progression system that leads to players being better than others just from playing longer. Nothing that involves higher health, damage reduction, weapon handling and damage. Stuff that might help you out personally over things that might help you against another player.

In the end, I do think its really not necessary to have, the game doesn't really lend itself to an artificial skill progression system.

Edited by Maxgor

With the average survival rate beeing barely over 1 hour is there really a need to polish you character's skills anyway? You won't take the skills to the next life anyway.

With the average survival rate beeing barely over 1 hour is there really a need to polish you character's skills anyway? You won't take the skills to the next life anyway.

The idea makes sense for the most part, that the longer your around, the better at survival you would be, so a proper skill system wouldn't really work at all, but something simple like a bonus to maybe bandage speed or run recovery would just be something you gain as you play and they would just be real minor bonuses.

Lots of players last over an hour in this game and these would be skills you'd earn over days.

so you get a reason not to throw away your life and maybe live a bit longer than that hour.

we should also add enchanted rings and stuff..something like the rare rusty ring of cursed nurses...provides +5 speed when bandaging yourself ( silver ring will do +10)...also I would like to become master of vehicle repair and zed taming....

we should also add enchanted rings and stuff..something like the rare rusty ring of cursed nurses...provides +5 speed when bandaging yourself ( silver ring will do +10)...also I would like to become master of vehicle repair and zed taming....

I only need one ring...

so you get a reason not to throw away your life and maybe live a bit longer than that hour.

I have enough co players who want to throw away their life for stupid reasons...like wanting to get into the open only to loot a player who obviously doesn't have anything or f.e. wasteland knowing there is an enemy yet getting out of the armed apc to look for them on foot instead of backing up and shooting the place to bits...

Edited by Enforcer