smKes

Dayz Sahrani initial test release of v0.2 is out, join the fun!

DayzHorror Admins and the Devs are currently updating the servers should be back up again shortly w/o much if any future down time.

Thanks dude, looking forward to playing on it!

We are updating right now! we will be back online soon!

I've applied for the whitelist, how long does it usually take to be accepted?

Instantly

i cant join the server!!! it says my files arnt signed by the server, what is the problem?

This is for all people having signature problems.

If you are on v0.2 Update your files using this package

http://www.runelotte...ahraniPatch.rar

If you are not sure wat version you are on, download the full package

http://www.runelotte...ayZ_Sahrani.rar

If you don't know how to update manually, try using an installer I made.

Check it out at http://dayzhorror.co...tion/#entry8825

Edited by Cookiezzz

could whoever is in charge kill my characheter on your server due to spawn bug im 1 hr out at sea . need to be respawned thanks. as soon as killed will be back on to test some more ;)

could whoever is in charge kill my characheter on your server due to spawn bug im 1 hr out at sea . need to be respawned thanks. as soon as killed will be back on to test some more ;)

Join our teamspeak @ ts.dayzhorror.com :)

I need to know your ingame name before i can kill you.

Those who have played ArmA: Armed Assualt may remember the large island in many different ways. Today, though, those who have, and those who haven't get the opportunity to look at the place in a new light.

Today, we have

DayZ: Sahrani

Players of Chernarus may remember seeing the famous billboard of a girl in her bikini, advertising Sahrani as a tourist paradise. The billboard has also been in Lingor, and likely many other maps, as including a half-naked female in part of your creation just adds icing to the cake for most people. Still, whenever I looked at the billboard, I always wondered, "What is Sahrani? Is it real?" I'm here to tell you that yes, it is, and it's a wonderland.

You'll notice two things when you spawn in Sahrani. The first one, is that there is nothing telling you your location. The second is: You have never seen anything like this before.

lcMtNVK.jpg

Sporting a sort of Panthera-like feel, Sahrani island is dominated by pine trees and forests with small clearings in between. The inspiration Panthera took from Sahrani is evident in the common (but unique) beautiful rockfaces in the mountains. The shores are mostly rocky, steep, or both, but you can find some nice beachfront area to have that picnic of baked beans and coke with that special someone. Though there are not more mountains than you can count like in Panthera, Sahrani has many level changes, though beautifully handled by Bohemia, as the player can easily trek them, and they fit into the terrain nicely. Every tree seems to have its place.

vPJXScv.jpg

The first tall forest you find is like opening a gift on Christmas morning you didn't even know you wanted so much.

Among the beauty, though, it soon distracts at the urgency of survival. You don't know where you are, and in Sahrani, that's a big problem.

Towns are scarce. Following the road for 10 minutes I found much beauty, but lacking in the kind I can convert into loot.

Here was my experience first spawning in Sahrani. From the first second till the imminent server restart.

Shots. 5 of them. Now more. AK, 200 meters away. Dust in the air, kicking up dirt... there was a vehicle. There was a man with a vehicle and a gun, 200 meters away, shooting it off.

I waited.

I heard a slam of a car door, the rev of an engine, and more dust. Through it, though, I could see an offroad. I ran. Darting from tree to tree, I followed the car down the road. I could still see the dust, I hadn't lost it yet, and it looked like it was slowing down. I might get this-

It started coming back.

Slammed onto the ground, I begged that whoever was in hadn't seen me. They continued on the road, and I got up immediately, repeating my strategy. Sprinting down the street, I was eating the dust from the thing, but atleast I was close. I got to the top of a hill, still on the trail. When I got to the top, the last of it swirled, then faded away. It was gone.

I busied myself in getting screenshots at that point. Trying to show off the beauty of the land. In ArmA, the shots looked much better than when translated outside of the game.

For a while, there was just a gravel road. Soon, though, I found the next best thing:

8EUhZSd.jpg

ksUmAqI.jpg

Right, right, and how could I forget?! As an added bonus, you may spawn with a balaclava!

IlejNNT.jpg

My first town was a small settlement. I first saw it by an enchanting inn just outside of its boundaries.

mWNP9ls.jpg

Inside, I found a dead man who looked as if he had been mauled by zombies. He was on the second floor, so burying him would not have done much good.... I grabbed a Lee Enfield, a nice change from my crowbar, a revolver, a few bandages, painkillers, matches, and some food and water. I was a forest ranger in the right place!

Built at the base of a hill, between that and the coast, it was a quaint, quiet place. It didn't seem the man with the vehicle has passed through recently.

lffNM5r.jpg

With the server a minute until restart, I sprinted up the hill away from the town, as to not ruin the spawning for anyone who would come after. I was done with the town, but I had a feeling that I would remember it for a long time.

As I ran up the hill, I heard a zombie yell in recognition, just as I noticed on the screen: "Session Lost".

My first impression of Sahrani is that it's a beautiful landscape full of new things to explore. Woodland survival will be a big part of it, and so will combat in these regions, most likely. No matter if you've played it in Armed Assault or are a "newb" to it now, playing Sahrani DayZ is sure to give you some new experiences with a lasting effect.

-----

DayZ Horror has taken the liberty of dedicating a dedicated server to the enjoyment of the community, and development of the map. They house the developers in their own private section in the TeamSpeak, and give them an area on their forums for suggestions for the map. There is a changelog for the patch (v0.21), and you can see the progress in implementing base-building by use of crafting books and resources, as well as some unbanned weapons and other changes, all on the download page!

The server averages about 16 players, usually 20 though the afternoon to the evening during the week.

They offer a TeamSpeak for players on their servers, as they have general channels, and 2 channels for groups of friends. There are multiple clans that play on the server, trying to stake their claim of the land. If you'd like to join the community, and/or one of these clans, you can head over to http://dayzhorror.com/. Register, customize your profile, and check out the groups! On the homepage, the first announcement has the Sahrani download links for 32-bit and 64-bit systems. The first 2 links are for the installer for the map, and below you will find the manual installs, that will redirect you to another page with the actual manual installs linked, so you'll just have to click on the same link on the NEW page. There is also a video on how to set up Sahrani with DayZ commander, and if you're still having trouble, there is always someone on TeamSpeak willing to help you!

You can find our forums linked in a tab on the same page, as well as a description of the clans and applications for them. Applications only take an hour or two at most, provided you apply at a convenient time (i.e. NOT 12 A.M.). If you want to get reviewed faster, head on the TS and tell the group you've done it!

The servers either have active admins, or there will be someone on TeamSpeak that can easily rectify the problem. If you have not noticed, the TeamSpeak is quite a motif in the DayZ Horror community. If you join, you get access to support as well as many other things than your would without his open form of communication. Remember: if the channel is locked or you can't poke them, opening a text chat client is ALWAYS an available option.

We at DayZ Horror encourage you to join the fun, and help us develop the Sahrani map for DayZ! Become a community member and get the full experience, and have people to play with. Enjoy Chernarus, Taviana, and Sahrani servers that you KNOW are supported and well-looked after.

Hackers are not tolerated by any means, and ban appeals are. Just a forewarning.

Have fun, everyone, and we'll hope to see you soon!

Edited by McCullins
  • Like 6

Great post, you got a link where to download it?

Go to http://dayzhorror.com/. There is an announcement on the homepage, and there is more information on the site and server in the bottom of this thread's original post!

Edited by McCullins
  • Like 1

This map is insane and some of the ideas the devs and community have will make this map stand-out as the best map when it finally reaches 1.0 and gets released on Dayzcommander, try it out now though, player-numbers are slowly but constantly increasing during the alpha-testing process (with the exception of one little hiccup on Thursday due to a game-breaking bug which was quickly fixed, but that's what the alpha-testing is for ;)):

46.4.31.87:2402/

18071812.png

Really nice post McCullins!

Edited by R3con
  • Like 1

It awsome! server unning great!

Why is the server passworded?

Nevermind.

Edited by RedNome