neoslayer

DayZ Standalone Forum Best Ideas

How about the idea of an ingame camcorder or camera to take pictures or videos of the stuff you're doing. You would have to equip it as a physical camera in your hands with its own interface/controls.

It could require batteries and a tape or memory card and when someone finds your dead body they could watch the tapes back and see what you've done!

It would allow completely ingame survival stories and add a whole lot more fun when near endgame status. You could also use it as a flashlight and a kind of night vision device to scout around but with the disadvantage of having to lower your weapon.

what do you think?

Being able to hit and damage weapons. Shoot backpacks to damage items, or shoot them off their backs. Non-Lethal stuff like that would be cool. Although this would put all the precious, precious loot at stake during firefights.

A lot of these ideas have already been suggested or are in mods. I love every single idea! I am so glad someone took the time to put all these great ideas together!

Hello World! my suggestion is the following: A shovel. its exactly what you think! but it could be the solution for many realism factors. Its traits are. being in gear such as the hatchet. Melee weapon. Able to dig holes to hide loot. Putting sand into a sandbag instead of entrenching tools. Giving the option to hide bodies, (takes time like chopping down a tree) instead of corpse sinking into the ground...would also give a better use for dragging bodies, having to drag them into a hole or what not. Finally Simply digging to create dirt mounds or fortification (I can see trolling with this xD). I'm aware would require astounding amounts of effort to be put into standalone but any competent modders looking at these forums for idea please conceder downgrading this idea to something more achievable. And yep no idea how to end so GOODBYE WORLD :Dof

Who says the moment you lose control over your character is the moment your heart stops beating?

Change the inspect body to say "His heart-beat is becoming erratic" within the 20 secs, if you defi quick enough you may just save him.

I know how defis work in real life, they're not used to reanimate a dead heart but used to treat ventricular fibrillation and such, but it's only a game, you can find justifiable means for anything, and if people want to carry an item for the off chance they get to someone under 30 secs, why not.

They already have the stuff to save you from near death in the mod now .

Bandages , for if you're bleeding out .

Epi-Pens , for if you're unconscious .

Morphine , for broken bones ( what !? )

Bloodbags , for repairing those gaping holes in no time .

If you're dead , you're dead , that is all . You don't get saved "after" you are dead , you get saved BEFORE you die .

it would be cool if they added Surviving count for how many days you have lived. And also if you take a blood bag you could get sick by the wrong blood type.

I like everything, but the mind field. wouldn't it be annoying to walk at night and then randomly explode?? that would be annoying to me.

I Feel like we need:

SKI MASKS!!!

C-Mags for m4

ability to wear bandanna as a face mask?

front grip for m4... i mean RIS and no grip? Really?

2 way gps( by 2 way i mean ability to track players *friend or foe* as well as yourself:) )

i saw an idea of having the rags maintain the color of the garment ripped and having

the ability to wear it around your arm (useful for signifying group affiliation???)

homemade gun- Blunderbuss style? use scrap metal and any gauge shot gun shells

to make homemade rounds?

on the topic of guns...

-thompson?

-mossberg?

-.32?

-.44?

-tec9?

i also had an idea a guy i recently played with of having a leg sheath/gun holseter?

car batteries...

this will be big because of 3 reasons...

ability to run streetlamps?( streetlamps having slots for hollow stash aswell?)

ability to ghetto defib?

and of course use in cars...

Lastly...

Homemade suppressor!

pop cans?water bottles?

Thank you for reading... please critique or compliment

Never did like the whole "train" idea. Just doesn't seem to fit the mood of a zombie apocalypse.

• Like 1

neoslayer
*A train or metro that goes from east to west and players have the ability to sit and drop in every station (with zeds spawns)
=> Absolutely no. A handcar for two to four people maybe

*Easter eggs (each one telling a part of how the infection began)
=> and some linked with the occasional, absolutely rare quest

*Add minefields
=> this will likely ruin the game

*All servers go Day/Night in fast cycles
=> although the night time thing was a good idea, all people do is jack up their gamma or leave the server

*Agreesive wildlife In a very small amount, bears / wolfs.
=> NO!! PLEASE LEAVE THE WOLVES ALONE! They are more scared of you than you are of them.

*Have infected wildlife and no meat value when killed.
=> No, I think this should remain a human problem since this is likely a virus created by sinister elites to depopulate mankind. If crows and dogs get infected, then it's over, no chance of survival.

Some buildings and cars should be alarmed
=> Disagree unfortunately. Stand-by-units in houses will be down by now and have you ever looked at the state of the cars in DayZ??

But I do think you should be able to craft a makeshift alarm system using a rope and empty can, a bell or something.

Town Sirens (bring hordes to the city)
=> With a crank siren? I LOVE IT!!

*Some houses should have garages which you can find a vehicle in.
=> Yes. How about 99% of them are the electronics-riddled junk we buy today, and only 1% are actually cars that will survive a few years of standing around.

*Add dash skill
=> Eh? Well, I do think the more you carry the slower you ought to be.

*Suicide option
=> Disagree totally. People should play the game out and make friends when they're in trouble.

*Make Players Unique (Big choosing options such as in Saint Row the 3rd)
=> A few more features like beards, haircuts, hair colour etc. would be nice.

*Wearing Certain items for example a jacket will keep you warm, if you have a hat or helmet on and its hot it keeps you cool.
=> I always wondered why wearing a cowboy hat and rain jacket doesn't protect you from rain but I guess that will come in time

*Advanced 'Carry Body' Mechanic
Improve: being able to carry a body that's wounded, being beneficial means of carrying an immobilized partner from a broken bone or simply from unconciousness/shock.
If your partner gets shot or attacked from a zombie while carrying, the body will automatically fall to the ground and could possibly die or go into further injury

=> I definetely think that hiding bodies should work something like this: Drop backpack – pickup body – move somewhere while slowed down massively – drop body

*Hiding a body should require an entrenching tool
=> Burying, yes. Hiding? No.

*Craft molotov bombs with empty whiskey bottles + Jerry Cans
=> Styrofoam or oil + petrol + rag + match + glass bottle = molotov. The problem with flame weapons is the flammability of buildings and objects.

*Defribrillator (looted from hospitals, medical tents and heli-crash sites (Only 1 use inside of a 20-30 sec window since player got killed)
=> As was recently established in a discussion I was part of, defibs don't revive when the heart has stopped, but epinephrine and CPR does. After heartbeat is reestablished, the clinically dead revived person needs hospital care or he will die in 99% of the cases. Yes, this is only a game. But at this point, you're chances at surviving are pretty good if you're careful.

*Side chat only to talk to admins
=> The game needs some admin functions. I'd like to see some players banned permanently from all servers, but I don't even know who killed me, that is just dumb.

*Hunting Knife combined with rifles to make bayonets
=> duct tape needs SOME function ^^

*Stun gun disabling (knock out) players for 30 sec (one hit only)
=> They're called pistol-whips and buttstrokes XoD

*Tazer (1 use, knock out player for 15 sec)
=> Love it, though I don't know how long a tazers battery lasts

*Peper spray (blur players view for 15 sec)
=> And choke them, making fast movement impossible

*Golf clubs
=> Anybody who wields a golf club is a madman and will be killed on sight

*Swords / katanas
=> The cheap imitation swords you buy at the comic shop are not really made for striking. What could work though is an antique Kosak sabre

*Batons (minimal damage, maximum knockout)
=> Awesome, a bone breaker. But will it kill zombies?

Positronica
You'd have roving gangs of bandits who's only "goal" in the game would be to take hostages and then taunt/torture them until they rage quit, either to go to another server, or to another game. The game doesn't need any features that allow one player to essentially remove another player's ability to do anything besides watch the game for potentially hours on end.
=> I'd prefer to be kidnapped and tortured for once than to constantly be shot at and punched for my gear by some douches that are to antisocial to speak.

It would mean that every time you got attacked, you'd have the risk of essentially being stuck with an indefinite respawn timer before you could play again, and during the whole wait you'd have to deal with some 14yo insulting you. No thanks.
=> What's up with the 14yo playing games like this. Aren't there laws against that or something?

Defkaunta
JUST ONE (because otherwise it wouldn't be so scary) big massive mutated zombie randomly found in the countryside of Chernarus. He is muscle packed and about 6 meters high.
=> I had a similar idea thanks to watching RE movies recently, and I do sort of like it although the mutation ought not to be too far-fetched. A 7 foot pack of muscles should be fine, though I don't think he ought to carry guns and stuff, that would just suck.

callsignBravo
Batteries for flashlights!
=> Wow, someone really liked your idea!

profesercreeper
I have a idea, they should add police stations and inside the police stations are gun lockers that can only be entered if you pry the gun locker door open with a crowbar.
=> I really like this idea. Because in a real SHTF scenario, it makes sense to carry bolt-cutters and crowbars for exactly such a reason (though an axe would also help in such a situation)

Five_High
How about the idea of an ingame camcorder or camera to take pictures or videos of the stuff you're doing. You would have to equip it as a physical camera in your hands with its own interface/controls.
=> I hate to say it, but there is like a 5% chance people will care about your video when they loot you. Better to film using something like fraps and upload it to youtube.

ZonxOwl
it would be cool if they added Surviving count for how many days you have lived.
=> I want this. But please, no kill counter.

PancakeFrisbee
SKI MASKS!!!  / ability to wear bandanna as a face mask?
=> YES!!! More facial attire in any case

Now for my own ten cents
Zombie behaviour

First off, I'd like to say that I feel zombies should sound different depending on sex. I'd like the femals to actually sound like female zombies. (having said that, I can tell in first person that the heavy breathing after running is a male, even when I play a female.)

Some zombies should crawl or just lie down quietly in wait. To add suspense, a few zombies could spawn in a lifeless state on the ground. This would also add a measure of confusion when looting. When passing by the ones that are lying in wait, they grab your ankle, stopping you in your tracks and then going for the bite, giving you roughly a second to react =o)

More zombies with jobs

Rare "zombies with jobs" spawns. Cops, gas men, construction workers and more. "Zombies with jobs" add a flare of tragedy to the scenario.

More "character" items

I'd like to see more "useless" items in the game like the tracksuit pants and the yellow raincoat. Like a priest robe (with 1x4 pockets), lingerie (only for females PLEASE!). Before you moan about this, please consider that many people do not intend for this game to be a mere deathmatch. I'm more okay with the underwear loonies than the speech impeded power-gamers.

Hidden pockets

Using a sowing kit and some rags, you can add a "hidden pocket" to certain garbs. This pocket can only be looted if you actually put on the piece of clothing. Sowing gold coin into your uniform was a common thing during WWI and WWII

Turning into zombie

I heard there is a minute chance of being infected. If the infection is not treated, your character could "turn" after a certain amount of time. After a half a minute or so of unconciousness, you respawn, losing your backpack and gun and melee, then play the remainder of your life as a zombie. Zombie players should have mad stealth skills and thermal vision. This would actually make it fun to go around Berezino picking on fresh-spawn and sneaking up on geared up survivalists. Obviously, the player zombie should be able to take a couple more hits than the regular one.

Weapons

I'd like to see the 50 cal added to the game on very rare occasions as soon as vehicles (cars, humvees, choppers) are implemented, though I don't really want vehicles in the game at all (except bicycles and horses). The Barrett M95 and the Browning M2 both fire this caliber. The Barrett should be classified as a heavy weapon, while the Browning should only have carry option and not fire options unless mounted. The ammunition should stack 5 shots max per inventory slot.

Other heavy weapons I'd like to see are the occasional LMG36 (G36 modded as heavy weapon) with 150 round drum and the PKM.

Heavy weapons should impede movement slightly more than other weapons. Their purpose (LMG36 & PKM) should be covering fire, and they should only be accurate in a prone state.

Also, I'd like to see the Dragunov rifle in the game (7.62 x 54) but also the VSS Vintorez (7.62 x 39) simply because they are pretty gangsta

The 7.62 NATO caliber would also be nice (G3 and MG3 are my two favorite weapons of all time) though these would have to be extremely rare spawns. Maybe there is a german consulate in some town? ;o)

Backpack physics

Not carrying a large backpack should have some perks. For example, prone mobility should be way more advanced. Enabling you to turn on your hip, lie on your back sitting up halfway, then back on your stomach turning 180°. You should get up from prone state much faster without a backpack. Turning and weaving should be harder when you wear a heavy one that is full to the brim with stuff. I have a 60 pound GOOD-bag that I can jog with quite well, get prone and up again, but when I run zig-zag the thing develops a life of its' own. This will make people that horde loot think twice about starting a random firefight in the forest.

I do think that taking stuff out of your backpack should take a moment and have an animation BUT not dropping the backpack on the ground inventory style. I'd hate to have to do that to get a can of food out, and then desync and lose all my stuff.

Defensive wildlife

So I watched a video concerning the upcoming version 0.45 and this guy was knifing a cow. The cow did nothing but try to gallop away from him. The truth is, a cow would get the hell away from you. Then it would gang up with others in a defensive position. There is a certain chance that a headbutt attack from a cow would cause serious injuries. As concerns boars and deer, I would be VERY careful about trying to knife those. I would really hate to see bambis running across the field trying to knife wildlife. It is just WRONG

Vehicles
I'd like to see bicycles in the game along with a few horses. These two modes of transport would be the most common in a SHTF scenario. The occasional motorbike (up to two passengers) would also be cool. There should be a serious risk of injury when falling off a motorbike while not wearing a crash helmet and leather jacket (taking a hit, crashing, going to fast on wet roads). I'd also love to see the occasional supermarket trolly that packs tons of goodies that, when your hands are free, you can gently push down along The Road ;o)

Sickness

Let's face it. The harsher the consequences of sickness, the more empty servers will be when it rains. I think sickness should cure itself after some time, and in the meantime you should have occasional coughing and sneezing bouts, as well as impeded mobility (the more you run the quicker you pass out). If you don't treat yourself well during medium sickness levels (some rest, slow movement, fresh food, plenty of water), only THEN should there be a red zone where you need tetracycline to survive.

Inventory

I think the inventory system needs to be thought out new. At this point, a can of soda or food takes up as much space as a pack of coal tablets or matches. This is not only unrealistic but a pretty damn nuisance. I really feel like the item slots ought to be quartered and then redeveloped (can = 4x4, matches = 1x1, coal tablets = 1x2, swiss army knife = 1x2, combat knife = 2x5)

I also don't want to get into how much more stuff will fit into a backpack. If I take my a/m GOOD-bag it's enough stuff to fill about 10 mountain packs)

I personally think that the slots should be expanded, but the physics of the backpack change depending on how many slots are filled.

I maintain there should be an animation for taking something out of the backpack. Instead of packing every tactically critical item (pistols, sawed-off izzie) into your backpack, this would cause you to have to think hard about how to store your inventory. There should be more options for carrying concealed weapons though (belt holsters, customized trench coats etc.)

Crafting holsters out of leather should be possible, I've made two makeshift belt holsters myself in RL using only some leather, a knife, a hand press, two rivets, some super glue and a leather band.

Oh, yeah, the game needs belts in my opinion. This is also where you would carry a knife, not stab it into your shoulder.

Also, I'd like to see more tactical gear to expand inventory, especially the tactical leg rig (enabling ammo pouch, gear pouch, holster).

Improved melee (PLEASE READ THIS THOROUGHLY !!!!!!!)

Melee is one of the weak points of the game. I recently stood in a room holding a spade in my hand talking to a guy and he came up to me and knocked me out with one punch. He was fresh-spawn and I was "healthy". That is not on!

1.) Weaklings do not knock out experienced survivors in one punch

2.) The one punch knock out is a TV-myth and usually only works when the punch comes unexpectedly from the side or behind or if you're approaching your attacker (or if you're drunk). I have almost a decade of martial arts experience to back this claim up.

3.) When you're holding an object in front of you, this reduces the chance of getting hit. If you don't believe me, go up to some streetwise thug, give him a pocket knife and tell him you're going to knock him out in one punch. Be seein' ya!

4.) Maybe it's just me but I'm totally against bambi-power-gamers.

Beyond that, I wonder why my characters have higher chances at killing zombies with bare fists than with a crowbar. If you've ever been in a bare knuckle fist fight, you know that when not wearing gloves, chances are you're going to break a digit or bust a capsule when you hit a guy (not to mention when you miss and hit the wall or his spade or whatever). So let's face it. Bambis that attack using bare fists should have a high chance of breaking their hand which should hinder or slow down using any objects plus weaken any further blows dramatically. This would not only be realistic but get all the fools back in line, forcing them to outwit people they want to loot and not simply go straight for them like a lunatic.

Gun melee: let's have pistol-whips and buttstrokes. I don't want to have to disarm my character to knock someone out. More non-lethal options, please.

Also a secondary attack for every melee weapon. Like a quick blow motion and a full swing. Holding a weapon and not attacking should raise chances at deflecting (or have a separate key for deflecting). Whatever the case, MORE DEFENSE AND MELEE REALISM PLEASE!!!

Corrected reload mechanics

You know what I mean, and you hate it too. You pick up a speed loader, a different type of mag or a snaploader and go loot a town. Every tenth door you want to open gets your character confused, and he reloads his gun. There should be a separate button that pops up the reload or use inventory menu, interacting with surroundings should be separate from interacting with your weapon / hands.

Well that's all the ideas I can think of now. I'll post more when I come to it. Please let me know what you think, guys and gals.

Stay alive!

EDIT: One more thing: eating canned food and drinking soda should cause litter that you need to keep and dump somewhere if you want to remain without a trace. Cans could also be used for certain crafting.

Edited by ColonelBurton

Curious cows, they just sit next to the bush you're hiding in and stare at you. Cows really do this, it's annoying.

Cars have battery that can be broken, but you can bump start with a red battery. Or it takes a while to start with an orange battery or engine. You'd have to risk a slow getaway vs. leaving it on using fuel.

I like the car battery idea, perhaps people can remove things from your cars if you're away from it or disable things from it instead of just popping the tires. Here would be a good in-game scenario - Banditing along Chernogorsk, when I notice a player has stopped his vehicle at a near-by factory to loot, I hold him up and disable and remove things from his vehicle, steal his gear, and leave-about. Now if I didn't have my own vehicle or didn't prefer one, ( Vehicles are too loud!) then I'd just take it and leave, as most of you probably would! -

I dont get the metro/train idea.

First of all, who drives it? Drivers still working on their jobs after the apocalypse?

Secondly, what would power the train?

Finally, skipping long travels just by sitting in a train doesnt seem to fit in DayZ.

• Like 1

Weapons

I'd like to see the 50 cal added to the game on very rare occasions as soon as vehicles (cars, humvees, choppers) are implemented, though I don't really want vehicles in the game at all (except bicycles and horses). The Barrett M95 and the Browning M2 both fire this caliber. The Barrett should be classified as a heavy weapon, while the Browning should only have carry option and not fire options unless mounted. The ammunition should stack 5 shots max per inventory slot.

Other heavy weapons I'd like to see are the occasional LMG36 (G36 modded as heavy weapon) with 150 round drum and the PKM.

Heavy weapons should impede movement slightly more than other weapons. Their purpose (LMG36 & PKM) should be covering fire, and they should only be accurate in a prone state.

Also, I'd like to see the Dragunov rifle in the game (7.62 x 54) but also the VSS Vintorez (7.62 x 39) simply because they are pretty gangsta

The 7.62 NATO caliber would also be nice (G3 and MG3 are my two favorite weapons of all time) though these would have to be extremely rare spawns. Maybe there is a german consulate in some town? ;o)

Browning M2HB is fine, although I'm not sure 12.7x99mm ammo would be common enough for it to be useful, but nonetheless. However, Barrett M95s? I'd rather they just do a KSVK or Grizzly Big Boar if they are really intent on doing a .50 anti-materiel rifle. The MG-36 was a cancelled weapon, so they'd honestly be better off with an M249/FN Minimi or L86 LSW, and the accuracy of the weapon would not change regardless of how you fired it, the recoil and sway would be your big problems. The SVD Dragnuov is confirmed, and the devs have interest in the VSS, although it actually shoots 9x39mm sub-sonic rounds which aren't used in a lot of guns, and the devs do not like that.

7.62x51mm is in-game (technically, even though the model is for 7.62x54mmR), so the G3 (which is another weapon the devs want) and the MG3 are plausible. I don't think a G3A3 would be any more rare than an M4A1, although it would probably be less abundant than the AKM. The MG3 would have to be incredibly rare considering it still shoots like a buzzsaw like the MG-42.

cool stuff, but a lot of these are already on the game, and planed.

Edited by DMentMan

"*A train or metro that goes from east to west and players have the ability to sit and drop in every station (with zeds spawns)"

That's just stupid.

Otherwise good ideas.

"*A train or metro that goes from east to west and players have the ability to sit and drop in every station (with zeds spawns)"

That's just stupid.

Otherwise good ideas.

What did you think about my handcar idea? I was thinking a real slow movement (like jogging) if you're alone making it not worthwhile for single travellers. Faster than running speed if two are using it and a little bit faster when four are actively working the lever.

Then again, I don't even know if they use handcars anywhere except third world countries in the Far East.

What did you think about my handcar idea? I was thinking a real slow movement (like jogging) if you're alone making it not worthwhile for single travellers. Faster than running speed if two are using it and a little bit faster when four are actively working the lever.

Then again, I don't even know if they use handcars anywhere except third world countries in the Far East.

On rails? That's pretty unrealistic. I mean those are really rare and can only be found in museums.

But i'd love to see a shopping cart. Like in the movie "The road". I'd love to be able to carry around a huge amount of stuff by sacrificing speed.

Edited by pistaaaa

What about white clothes for keeping yourself cool and black will get warm faster - but they are better camuflage.

*Agreesive wildlife In a very small amount, bears / wolfs.

=> NO!! PLEASE LEAVE THE WOLVES ALONE! They are more scared of you than you are of them.

*Have infected wildlife and no meat value when killed.

=> No, I think this should remain a human problem since this is likely a virus created by sinister elites to depopulate mankind. If crows and dogs get infected, then it's over, no chance of survival.

*Side chat only to talk to admins

=> The game needs some admin functions. I'd like to see some players banned permanently from all servers, but I don't even know who killed me, that is just dumb.

Yes generally wolves are afraid of humans, unless they are hungry and the human it's on it's own. Also it does makes perfect sense to add such animals to the game. 

Lol wtf ? Calm your conspiracy theory down. Also nor surviving humans neither animals can be infected. This is not Romero style zombie apocalypse, The humans that survived are immune. 

Banned for what ? And no you should not be able to see who killed you. That's the point of that game there are no name tags, you it's almost impossible hunt down those who killed you. 

On rails? That's pretty unrealistic. I mean those are really rare and can only be found in museums.

Actually, we took a ride on one not too many years ago in the Philippines. Undeveloped countries tend to still use them as far as I know, although they really are extremely rare.

Banned for what ? And no you should not be able to see who killed you. That's the point of that game there are no name tags, you it's almost impossible hunt down those who killed you. 

Banned because they don't stick to server rules or exploit glitches for example.

Unfortunately, at some point player ID will have to be incorporated into the game whether you like it or not. Fact is that the age of internet anonymity is over and there have to be ways of holding people accountable for certain types of behaviour, such as sexual harassment or distributing right-wing extremist ideals. You may think that this type of anonymity is vital to the game but the people who rate it will probably have a different viewpoint about that. Besides, somebody who hosts a server should have a right to decide who plays on it or not.

EDIT: And I was making a reference to the Resident Evil, not the Romero movies.. boy do some people take themselves seriously :blush:

Edited by ColonelBurton

Who said anything about anonymity ? Player list contains all players IDs you just can't see them above other players

Edited by General Zod