Sign in to follow this  
Brenny10

Winchester 30-30 lever action rifle!

I think that the Winchester 30-30 lever action rifle should be added into the games weapon inventory as a weapon found "commonly" around farms, barns and residential areas. A weapon that is reliable, not insanely loud (like Lee Enfield) and not insanely powerful; like AKM's - found commonly around Chernarus. I believe this weapon would posess the power ranged toward 4,000 - 5,500HP per shot on target and would have a maximum range of up to 300-350 metres.

06nno9P.jpg

Agreed, although just a normal blued version doing 5,500 damage. Doesn't make sense why they'd be in Chernarus, but I like the Winchester.

to replace the current 'non existent' Winchester in game? Could probably easily do that just by renaming and tweaking the stats of that one

*EDIT*

Gews you'd be surprised what we (the US) were exporting to Russia right up until Stalin started looking like the new Hitler (locomotives in particular, the Russian Decapods and 'Little Joes' come to mind)

Edited by BigMike

Replacing the winchester that is already on offer in DayZ is one option, or just adding this weapon would fine, also. The Winchester that is already on offer is a shotgun, so bringing in this weapon would also add an extra rifle; one that has twice the fire rate of the Enfield, and half the noise ratio, but not as much "kick" to it.

I don't see a scope on it so yeah bring it in the game. We need those type of (civilian) weapons instead of military weapons.

• Like 1

Agreed, although just a normal blued version doing 5,500 damage. Doesn't make sense why they'd be in Chernarus, but I like the Winchester.

It's homage to Shaun of the Dead.

The current Winchester is not a shot gun, it is a rifle that shoots .44magnum rounds. It's a common mistake as the game (shows) what looks like shotgun slugs but that is all. The rounds do not look like that in real life.

Also the 30/30 rifle round is pretty well on par with the .303 in several aspects. Why make it quieter and less damaging? Just make the lever action faster and less accurate as would be in real life.

• Like 2

Also the 30/30 rifle round is pretty well on par with the .303 in several aspects. Why make it quieter and less damaging? Just make the lever action faster and less accurate as would be in real life.

- I thought that the 30-30 Winchester was a fair bit quieter than the Enfield, tbh. I just think that if there is already the Enfield, AKM and current Winchester 1887 with high damage, but at the cost of noise. Incorperating the 30-30 in DayZ (All maps) would have the + of it being quieter, and having a faster fire rate than Enfield and Winchester - while still being reliable and letting you get medium to long shots on target and then being able to escape any possible dangers.

looks really cool ;) i already like the winchester that is in the game now though, but more civilian-type weapons don't hurt

I'd prefer to see a lever action shotgun, like the Winchester 1887, than another rifle. But more variety is good in ANY flavour as far as I'm concerned.

If the current Winchester is still going to be in the standalone, I hope they change it so it's a .44 like it's supposed to be.

Having the ammo named "1866 slugs" seems to have a lot of people confused.

I'd prefer to see a lever action shotgun, like the Winchester 1887, than another rifle.

Isn't that what they already have in DayZ?? I swear I was using one like 5 minutes ago... lol.