joeyslucky22

[3D model] Different Food Qualities (3/29 Update)

Hello there

Pinning and a general re-org is something I will bring up.But it depends on the clarity and use ability of the info etc etc etc. I am but a lowly, humble (but sexy) mod, so I cannot approve anything, but once Griff is back and his workload slacks off a bit I'll let him know.

Everyone's contribution is noticed and appreciated.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 1

They should make bandits have to eat certain food, Like Bandit Beanz, or have to kill animals to eat. and Heros should have like Heros Delight or something, would be cool.

I didn't even know I had a mint bar.

I like mint.

Cool.

Mint covered in deep, deep, deep dark chocolate.

I've been hard at work with new models (weapons, foods, tools, etc)

Nothing too special to show at the moment

The Shovel

f1KreJt.png

Lug Wrench (Tire Iron)

FHgzEXJ.png

NCQDDLT.png

Maybe have melee weapons turn bloody after killing a player with it?

Only the rough base model of the baseball bat. Finishing the "nailed bat" and "barbed wire bat" this weekend

i01Rei9.png

sorry for the small image! I'll try and upload some better ones over the weekend

• Like 12

Really nice Idea :)

Would be a great addition to the infection system.

i like the updates! looks real awsome!

But maby a nice sugestion, some thing like a easter egg and rear item.

Lets make Magic Beans, like from the farry tales, Where the big tree groes in the sky dont know how its named.

And not real magic beans but just for fun with maby some extra HP?

Nice work Joey, but how about a cricket bat?

I'd love to go all Shaun of the Dead on some Zeds.

• Like 2

I think there should be blood models for all weapons that are made for close-quarter combat. At least then, it will put in question whether or not the weapon is bloody because they murdered another player or killed an infected fiercely. The blood (freshness I suppose?) should be a lighter red for players (due to newer blood cells) beaten with it and darker for infected (due to older blood cells).

Any thoughts?

Quick update,

I should have fixed my graphics settings before taking these (everything is on low) so I do apologize for that. These should give you some idea of the in-game look at least.

Here is the normal (bottom left), nailed (top), and barbed wired (bottom right).

ttWt4PJ.jpg

Had some alpha issues but hopefully I'll be able to figure it out soon.

But if anyone knows how to deal with the "ghost outlines" in arma 2 alpha textures, give me a holler! :)

• Like 8

Quick update,

I should have fixed my graphics settings before taking these (everything is on low) so I do apologize for that. These should give you some idea of the in-game look at least.

Here is the normal (bottom left), nailed (top), and barbed wired (bottom right).

ttWt4PJ.jpg

But if anyone knows how to deal with the "ghost outlines" in arma 2 alpha textures, give me a holler! :)

Are you planning to make these craftable? As in, you find the normal baseball bat, then maybe a roll of barbed wire/a box of nails, and you can combine the two in your inventory? That would be cool, especially if doing so gave it a damage buff.

Are you planning to make these craftable? As in, you find the normal baseball bat, then maybe a roll of barbed wire/a box of nails, and you can combine the two in your inventory? That would be cool, especially if doing so gave it a damage buff.

I think it should be the only way to aquire the nailed / barbed wire versions. The ordinary baseball bat would take 1 - 3 hits to kill while the barbed & nailed would be instant kills (on zombies that is, just increased damage to other players)

• Like 2

*snip

i would recommend the barbed wire to look like this:

302voyg.jpg

as it is way more common and conclusive

Edited by joe_mcentire

You seen it here first kids... Thanks to Joe for amazing models and textures! Thanks to Pliskin for helping with the batch creation of the models and thanks to me for doing the magazine.cfg and putting them into the loottables (food for full cans and trash for empties)... Still some detail stuff to do in the configs and stringtables though, will do my best to get all that ironed out this week, we MIGHT be able to get it worked into the next update.

3UZQ7.jpg

wow man absolutely awesome skills you have son...they may be primitive objects but well done ! very nice textures too !

I can model and texture myself with 3dsmax and PS, you are making want to get into making some 3d models for dayz.. I'm totally to busy trying to make short films and study atm though..

oh and fitting in some DayZ here and there still ^_^

keep it up ! 

ps how long have you been a digital artist for >?

Quick update,

ttWt4PJ.jpg

This should help you:

Transparent Images can have different alpha modes. This page should explain very well:

http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Ref/Release_Notes/2.66/Image_Transparency

I think you need Premultiplied Alpha textures. Would you send me one of your Files? I want to have a look at the Size and details of one of your meshes and Textures. Want to make something for DayZ too. Maybe we can stick together and help each other? :)