joeyslucky22

[3D model] Different Food Qualities (3/29 Update)

Delicious cat food...

I like the different qualities :)

• Like 3

Beautiful.

What did you use to make this?

I like it, post moar!

Ooops! Almost "reported" you instead of replying lol who designed these damn forums?!? Oh wait...

Yes, I'll definitely be posting more but first I'd love to hear your thoughts on the possibility of doing different "qualities" for each food item

• Like 7

Beautiful.

What did you use to make this?

I'm modeling in Blender and texturing in Photoshop

• Like 1

Very nice. Dog food as well? Mad Max ate dog food.

...I'm thinking 50 lb bags of delicious dog food.

<----- aww yeaaaahh

• Like 3

I like the different quality of items. Makes sense. The older the more disease that has been festering in the bowels of the can. <- (Definitely tried to make that as disgusting as possible :D) The models look awesome as well!

Ooops! Almost "reported" you instead of replying lol who designed these damn forums?!? Oh wait...

Yes, I'll definitely be posting more but first I'd love to hear your thoughts on the possibility of doing different "qualities" for each food item

I really like the idea of condition, although I think it should be influenced by what the can/can carrier have been through. Like if the can was in a backpack of a person who was shot and left in a swamp or something would be rusted, or a dusty can would be one that has been carried for a while or been left in a dry place for a long time.

• Like 1

I like it. :) I spent the weekend learning how to model and I have to say I dig your work. Did you use a specular map for the lid or a clever material?

Now if only I can learn how to bloody unwrap my objects correctly. So many hotkeys... :)

I like your avatar

LOL not adding to much discussion here am I?

Do some more!

Edited by Gesundheit
  • Like 1

I like it. :) I spent the weekend learning how to model and I have to say I dig your work. Did you use a specular map for the lid or a clever material?

Now if only I can learn how to bloody unwrap my objects correctly. So many hotkeys... :)

It's a healthy mix of spec map and sneaky texture work ;)

Blender's hotkeys will forever be burned into my memory.

• Like 1

It's a healthy mix of spec map and sneaky texture work ;)

Blender's hotkeys will forever be burned into my memory.

NIce. :) I figure if I donate half of my allotted DayZ time to Blender then I'll be a master in ten years or so.

Those look great. I especially like the beat up looking, rusted cans.

Just my opinion but I'd hope they add the same amount of health as the pristine looking ones. I mean they are sealed so... One thing I think it would be cool to come across an opened container and have to make a choice...Do I risk it and eat the opened can or pass it by. That and your suggestion about maybe peeps being able to sabotage opened cans get a :thumbsup: from me.

O.K. I know its not original and terribly cliche but please, please can you make a twinkie model.

• Like 1

O.K. I know its not original and terribly cliche but please, please can you make a twinkie model.

I second this!

I think that if Rocket says that there will be different levels of food quality (which there probably will be) go for it! I really hope that you are able to put these models in the SA, they look great!

I'm pretty sure that canned food lasts 'forever' (depending on if it was sealed properly and if all germs were destoryed in the canning process). Long as the inside of the can is intact and the seal isn't broken the food inside should be fine/edible/disease free. (heard stories about researchers finding cans from like the 1800s, rusted to hell but still intact, opening it and the food was still good safe to consume) Now it could be explained by the cans in Chenarus being of lower quality materials or something (my dad used to work for a coke bottling plant, think he said they used to weld the cans, but after a while people started getting sick because of the flux used in the process)

It had to be done

5Fmk8Kk.jpg

• Like 8