mattlightfoot

DayZ Mod 1.7.5.1 Update

Looking forward to the next release :) Let the shitstorm begin haha.....

• Like 2

Oh the update anticipation! Last night was like Christmas Eve but I woke up this morning with no presents. LOL

Looking forward to the next release :) Let the shitstorm begin haha.....

Has the team announced exactly what tweaks they are making to the infected in the hotfix ? (I don't want to search through the 43 pages of this thread)

Has the team announced exactly what tweaks they are making to the infected in the hotfix ? (I don't want to search through the 43 pages of this thread)

Just follow github, it has all the info you could ever imagine :)

Or look at the community build changelog post, pinned on this forum, but it doesnt get updated that fast.

But i am not sure if its 1.7.5.2 hotfix they are planning to release or 1.7.6 tbh.

EDIT:

Ok, its not really possible to follow on github anymore, as they arent pushing commits to the public dev branch there anymore.

It appears its gonna be dealt with in a private repo, and the pushed to the public on release.

So following the pinned post here on the forums would be your best bet.

Edited by Byrgesen

Yeah, I don't know about this update, because it has introduced several amazing features such as boiling water and different types of meat, but it has brought very bad news along with it...

Disappearing tents/duping tents.

I have LITERALLY quit playing this game due to this reason. I mean, what's the point of a survival where all you do is kill a cow, cook his meat, and wait next to a pond for four hours before your hunger goes down again and you run out of cow meat? I mean honestly, that's all there is left to the "survival" aspect of this game, since any loot you gather in a tent/vehicle will disappear with each and every server restart, and if the admins aren't lazy, they will revert the restart to the last save, duping every tent/vehicle. It's either LOSE EVERYTHING or INFINITE EVERYTHING!! It's pointless!!

All this update has served to do is turn DayZ - which was an AMAZING zombie survival game - into a petty PvP where there just happen to be zombies! There is literally no point to looting anything beyond a decent assault rifle/sniper, because all there is left to do is kill other survivors and leave their body and gear to rot, because you won't be able to keep anything else you stash away. This bug NEEDS to be fixed before DayZ can be considered a zombie survival. If I want to play a realistic shooter, I'll just play Arma II, which I coincidentally bought in order to play a certain 'zombie survival game'.

I'm sorry for the rage, but I'm just putting out the facts as they are. If you feel the need to hate on me, that's fine, but you can't deny the truth.

Regards,

Assassin8813

1.7.5.1 your glory was short lived

I'll never forget you

*cue some type of epic music (must be capable of making a grown man cry)

• Like 1