Sign in to follow this  
Michaelvoodoo25

So rocket, a western city eh?

theres barracks in Edinburgh, plenty of basic military gear.

Plus one or two 25 pounder(?) arty pieces in the castle!

I think any huge city (skyscrapers etc) would be far too ambitious and would mean a lot of buildings wouldn't be enterable. As much as I'd love to see it I just can't see that happening.

QFT. People need to understand nowadays' tech limitations before making unrealistic wishes. Not only that, the team simply doesn't have enough manpower and time to make full-fledged cities.

QFT. People need to understand nowadays' tech limitations before making unrealistic wishes. Not only that, the team simply doesn't have enough manpower and time to make full-fledged cities.

Be realistic, demand the impossible :D

• Like 1

Anchorage Alaska, nice size city (not to big) on the coast surrounded by mountainous terrain and also vast wilderness with medium/small towns scattered throughout the surrounding area.

I like the suggestion of Edinburgh... Especially the idea about pubs (being Irish) where else would you want to find comfort and security in the event of an outbreak.... But at the end of a glass.

• Like 1

Be realistic, demand the impossible :D

Impossible is nothing.

Anchorage Alaska, nice size city (not to big) on the coast surrounded by mountainous terrain and also vast wilderness with medium/small towns scattered throughout the surrounding area.

I like the suggestion of Edinburgh... Especially the idea about pubs (being Irish) where else would you want to find comfort and security in the event of an outbreak.... But at the end of a glass.

A pub would be my choice in a last stand. Molotov's and beer.

L

• Like 1

I'd like to see a map of Colorado Springs. There are plains to the East and the Rocky Mountains to the West. There aren't any sky scrapers but make the city a bit smaller, it would be perfect. Lots of farms and little towns too. I'd just like to see a map with the Rocky Mountains. Oh and pubs!

I say London. You've got a few high rise buildings but not too many, you've got a big ass church, St.Paul's. You've got a big ass Castle, Tower of London. You've got a big ass river running through it, the Thames. Not to mention the large underground system that links it all together. Plus, you've got Tower bridge which could even be usable, a group could control it and raise/lower the bridge for others. Also cricket bat melee weapons would be a must. Also this as lootable clothing;

post-58661-0-26038700-1359408569_thumb.j

It's generally a pretty nice looking city 'n' all, I'd say.

Edit : And a shit tonne of pubs

Edited by ComradeClash
  • Like 4

London ?

Edited by Fenrod
  • Like 1

I'd like to see a map of Colorado Springs. There are plains to the East and the Rocky Mountains to the West. There aren't any sky scrapers but make the city a bit smaller, it would be perfect. Lots of farms and little towns too. I'd just like to see a map with the Rocky Mountains. Oh and pubs!

Lived in Colorado Springs for awhile. I kind of like to think the infection started there and the government nuked it immediately. Virus still spread but at least C.S. is a big hole in the ground. :P

How about a fictional western city like the fictional Chernarus, I'd hate to play in a known city and be all concerned about all the inaccuracies.

I'd like to see a city based on an European city like London or Paris.

Maybe a fictional French city based on London, just to continue to piss off all us English speakers trying to pronounce the names of the neighborhood over teamspeak.

A great river cutting across the city, some bridges barricaded or destroyed, leaving players to expose themselves on narrow ledges or crossing on the top level of an open London Bridgeish bridge. Maybe ladders on the tall sides on the broad river and a randomly increasing stream mechanic, that would make it more difficulty for swimmers to reach the opposite shore.

I'd like to see an elevated neighborhood like the hills of Paris, business districts, a logistical transit area, a historical area, a burned out neighborhood. Instances: Sewers, underground, a single high riser instance with the top floor connected to the main map, instanced museum, mall, hospitals, police stations, royal palace, military installations below in the dungeons. Maybe the whole city is surrounded with low quality rubble instead of Chernarus' wasteland.

There'd be very rare real maps and more easily available tourist maps, with some of the best loot areas covered by pictures of attractions. Compasses hard to come by by road signs more predominate. An elevated large road cutting through the city, with lost of damaged access ramps, making it difficult to get on and off and requiring great area knowledge, also making it usefull for snipers, but also creating several hundred meter passages, were traveling players would be forced to cross each others paths.

Edited by Dallas
  • Like 1

Theres a part of me that feels as if a new map based on a recognisable city will detract from the atmosphere. There is something unsettling about reading all of the placenames in cyrillic that adds to the sense that you are an interloper in Chernarus, similar to the way that everyone in S.T.A.L.K.E.R (sorry to keep labouring the comparison) Barks orders at you in Russian. You don't belong here, this gameworld is not being handed to you on a plate.

Personally I would like to see a lot of work put into an entirely fictional city that is part of Chernarus. Not a metropolitan hub but a sprawling industrial city. One with a small commercial and business district but kilometres of industrial and residential areas puntuated with setpieces like a lumber mill or steelworks, a crashed plane or a sea of abandoned cars leading out of the city.

Don't take an instantly recognisable city with convenient placenames and main roads and make it look post apocalyptic. Make a city that goes on for miles that I can get lost in. Cherno and Electro might be dangerous to visit because of snipers, I want a city where getting lost is a genuine possiblity and something to genuinely fear.

• Like 7

Taviana has pretty big city called Sabiana. Took me time to cross it and inspect its loot, any city bigger then that is somehow a little pointless.

I would prefer more medium and small cities rather then one large city.

Plus one or two 25 pounder(?) arty pieces in the castle!

Don't forget that classic Scottish weapon - the Headbutt.

Seriously though an Edinburgh map would be awesome. The castle, new and old towns, a nearby army base, and the Queens palace to romp in.

• Like 3

I would vote for someplace in ireland or scotland. I don't know how hard it would be to do something like london, but if london is possible, I would be interested to play on that map. Once SA is out of alpha all they need to do is sell us pre-order DLC on steam for like $5 per map to generate quick extra revenue to get the ball rolling.

• Like 1

I think any huge city (skyscrapers etc) would be far too ambitious and would mean a lot of buildings wouldn't be enterable. As much as I'd love to see it I just can't see that happening.

You ever play a zombie mod for GTA San Adreas (Might by IV) you're in a city but roads are blocked off and such. So if you had the city-scape & all enterable buildings but the area would be blocked in. Like let's say military barriers trying to isolate/quarantine the infection.

Theres tons of cities to pick from, It doesnt even need to be a super city, NYC and the likes should be left out because they will not be done right, they are just too big, to look good.

• Like 1

I would like to see a snow map, there are several for ofp and arma that can be easily ported over.

Snow would obviously give you a lower average body temp and also leave footprints which can be tracked.

Edited by disorder

The idea of a massive city screams nothing but FPS murder in my mind..

But, to be fair, if it was done, I'd reccommend chosing an awful place in the world already, so the post-apocalyptic feel is included from the off.

Somewhere like Putney, Slough or Glasgow.

Edited by mzltv

Detroit? :murder:

Detroit is already basically abandoned and infested with people who might as well be zombies so the research won't be too hard.