TIC

Integrate DayZ Forum avatars, clans, chatroom for Standalone

Good? Or bad?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Which one do you prefer most?

• Including Avatars? Give me a face!
    • Clans.. Hmm.. I like it :)
    • Chatrooms for more chatting!
    • None, all these are bad ideas.. Throw them all out!
    • All the above, I can see this possible.

POLL IS MULTIPLE CHOICE, CAN SELECT MORE THAN ONE. HOLD SHIFT WHILE CLICKING :)

Hi guys, TIC321 here. I want to share off some ideas that we can put in use for the Standalone that has been on my mind for awhile. I'll start off with Forum Avatars.

Forum Avatars*Edited*

I have been planning on an idea that we could be able to use our forum avatars in-game for the Standalone. Here's what it'd benefit. As you notice, there isn't a whole lot that'd benefit for Avatars ;P

• More of a 'persona' for your character in DayZ.
  • Gives more attention to the DayZ Forums.
  • Easier recognition from players who are familiar with certain players.

Clans

Clans are a big part of gaming and socializing, particularly in an MMO. It gives out teamwork and effort to survive in an apocalypse. Some people refer it as a gang, tribe, organization or even a crew.

• Improve the 'Group Channel' option where you can select players who are a part of your clan that you can talk to, either text or VOiP. (Distance on talking is determined)
  • Symbolism; something like an 'underwear' only clan to recognize who that certain clan is ;)
  • Adding a clan tag for their initials.
  • Ability to recruit members by them accepting your clan offer, automatically gives them the clan-tag and recognition.

Chatrooms

A common problem on servers is constant chatter for in-game, making you mistake a survivor being nearby. A way to counter-act this would be enabling a chatroom in the lobby where you can be able to discuss technical issues or general conversations without the disturbance of your game. Chatrooms would work for forums and in the lobby but are not connected together of course!

• Highlighting a person's name in the lobby of who is using VOiP.
  • An ability to mute or private message people in lobby.
  • Options to change your video/audio settings so you wouldn't have to quit to the main menu for adjustments.
  • Add 'Moderators' for the Standalone to maintain peace from hacking, harassment or game breaking exploits.
  • Include a 'Report' option along with being able to click on the person's name instead of typing.
  • Seen a good deed from a player? Give him/her a can of beans that can be transferred to the forums! :)
  • Adding a chatroom into the forums which could help for immediate responses for technical issues and so-forth. Several websites offer this like CBox.

Feel free to add on further ideas and insights, much appreciated! :) :beans:

Topic Glossary by TIC321(Will be edited for enhanced navigation)

Edited by TIC321

How exactly would the avatar from the forum work? Would people see my picture in game? or in a lobby?

The problem with your lobby suggestion is that unlike games like CoD, Halo, or anything that has matches, in Dayz no hangouts out in the lobby. It is not a horrible idea though.

How exactly would the avatar from the forum work? Would people see my picture in game? or in a lobby?

The problem with your lobby suggestion is that unlike games like CoD, Halo, or anything that has matches, in Dayz no hangouts out in the lobby. It is not a horrible idea though.

They'd be able to see your picture through the lobby or cycling through the player list for further information. That's all I have thought of :)

I would like an ID card but what if people don't have a forum account?

http://i.imgur.com/nvsmkm6.jpg

Edit: As something in your inventory that can be dropped or given to other players. (or taken off your dead body)

Edited by MacabreLlama99
  • Like 1

I would like an ID card but what if people don't have a forum account?

http://i.imgur.com/nvsmkm6.jpg

An ID card sounds good. And I don't really want this feature to force people to go onto the forums to enable it :) It's something I would think would be good for players to get into that type of detail.

I thought that you wanted to add in Xbox LIVE style avatars. Then I thought you wanted to plaster my profile pic on my character. You need to clear that up.

I thought that you wanted to add in Xbox LIVE style avatars. Then I thought you wanted to plaster my profile pic on my character. You need to clear that up.

That's what you thought, I didn't mention that. ;)

That's what you thought, I didn't mention that. ;)

You may not have said that specifically, but you didn't much about it at all. Were you trying to say your pic appears in the lobby?

I dislike all of these.

Except maybe the avatar one.

That's okay by me, but the clans and chatroom things are going against the anti-game feel.

You're supposed to feel alone when you travel alone.

It removes immersion, which is a large part of this game.

And clans should never be official.

Gets rid of tension, and the whole "talking to clan over large distance" thing would be too beneficial for those in said clan.

I prefer the radio idea. Where it has multiple channels, but they can be infiltrated by others who go to your channel with their radio.

Wouldn't it make sense to use your steam avatar/profile since SA uses steam?

I dislike all of these.

Except maybe the avatar one.

That's okay by me, but the clans and chatroom things are going against the anti-game feel.

You're supposed to feel alone when you travel alone.

It removes immersion, which is a large part of this game.

And clans should never be official.

Gets rid of tension, and the whole "talking to clan over large distance" thing would be too beneficial for those in said clan.

I prefer the radio idea. Where it has multiple channels, but they can be infiltrated by others who go to your channel with their radio.

Makes sense, totally forgot about that since I had adapted to the feeling of the game so much. I can really agree with this.

Wouldn't it make sense to use your steam avatar/profile since SA uses steam?

Works both ways, doesn't matter to me.

• Like 1