Sign in to follow this  
Mother Phuftbucket

What is the best map on dayZ?

I'm beginning to get bored of good old Chernarus and I want to experience DayZ on another map but I don't know what is the most popular one.

I'm not completely sure which map is the biggest, but I think Chernarus is the biggest..

Just because it's big doesn't mean it's fun though. I really enjoy Namalsk because it's not too big and doesn't take hours to get to one place.

But if you really want another big map, I'd suggest Taviana!

I'm quite partial to Takistan and Fallujah.

I prefer Fallujah though, because it's basically one huge city. Doesn't have tall skyscrapers or a vast degree of variety but it's a proper feat to survive longer than a few days

The original map where all the players flock to .... Chernarus . It has the perfect dayz atmosphere. The other maps might be good like panthera and taviana but there is a reason why all players prefer chernarus . Its familiar and its got the right atmosphere .

Taviana is a more polished map you might enjoy that map.

The attention to detail in Taviana is breathtaking. Martin the creator seems to be obsessed with the minutiae of design - down to life preserver rings around the inland sea, or the incredibly impressive Oil-Rigs out at sea.

But on the downside, it hasn't had the Dayz squalor and decay added to it. The fences and walls mostly have no holes, so you get forced to take pointless long winded yomps.

And the mountain/volcano texturing is tragic, bare, empty and a pain in the ass to WALK up to steal the 6 billion stockpiled vehicles that are hidden up there.

NAMALSK - was ruined by the EVR event and Bloodsuckers, now you are knocked unconscious every 40 minutes for no other reason than because SUMRAK wishes DayZ was STALKER.

CELLE - No hills at all. 3 x Massive military loot farms. Thick treelines make it easy to hide vehicles in woods.

CHERNARUS - Zzzzzzzzzzzzz. Like a model, beautiful, but dull. This is where all the hackers hang out.

Edited by vecuccio

Personally, Chernarus is by far my favourite. I rate Taviana pretty highly too though.

Haven't played on the others a great deal TBH, but they just didn't hold my interest like those two do. Yet to try Celle, might give it a go in the next few days just to see. I'd recommend trying them all out and just seeing what you like.

This is a tough one. I enjoy Chernarus for the sheer scope of the map; and I play regular and 2017. I enjoy Namalsk for the atmosphere, and Takistan for team play. I'd suggest you just give them each a shot; there's some great game play to be had on all maps.

Edited by Saethkept

I play Chernarus, Taviana and Lingor mostly.

Namalsk is good but EVR and Bloodsuckers not for me (though you can find servers without them)