rageness

Can I suggest a stand alone beta sign up thread?

Forgive me if this is posted elsewhere I did search beforehand and may have missed something, if so just delete. No need to troll etc

So I noticed there is to be a 1000 given beta places for closed beta and did not see a sign up thread/link etc. Now I figure you have probably chosen your initial 500+ for the closed beta but like anything you may open more and I figure maybe a thread that people can sign upto giving their reasons for wanting to be involved may be a good idea.

I know from previous beta's I have signed up for and not got the spot it has been on a system where you put in your pc specs and time played etc, but then seen friends get the spots who have played the beta for 5 minutes and not touched it again which kind of ruins the whole idea of beta for me. So I figured maybe a few lines from each person wanting to sign up wouldn't be a bad move.

Personally I have played the mod from around Jan/Feb 2012 on recommendation from a friend who saw a video on youtube, I watched the video and didn't think anything of it. But since I already had all the arma 2 packs I thought why not I'll give it a go. Later that day I had talked 8 clan m8's into also joining me on the best online pc game I have ever played. Now don't get me wrong im not sucking any ones balls I have had moments on dayz due to floors where I literally wanted to put hands through my screen and possibly cursed rockets soul, but even with early floors I kept on playing and I cannot wait for the stand alone.

I must have over 1200 hours on dayz and that's with a job too, (I know that sounds a lot, but 5 hours a day average for 365 days is 1500 and we have done many many 18 hour straight sessions). I do stream although im not very good right now due to my internet connection being an awful 0.80 meg upload... but my pc handles streaming without issue. My pc specs are very good and include a 4.5ghz water cooled I7 and 2 gtx 470's.

I am not really an active poster on here but I do read a lot, and nothing would excite me more than 2 be part of the beta if a spot was availableI I don't need a free copy or anything even though I saw that written down I just want to be part of it and input something. I will be in Hospital for several hours 3 times a week for the next 8 weeks starting in a month or 2 as soon as they have an opening, so this would be perfect as I won't be working and would be able to play a heck of a lot.

Ps, I have been playing games for 20 years and understand what a beta is, so I won't come crying or raging when a wall falls on me or I get killed due a a teleporting zombie I expect it and will report it with any suggestions.

You have played the mod since last Jan/Feb??

Interesting....i didn't realise it was released until April/May.

• Like 3