richjones19772000

Taviana, how good is it??

Depends how you play really. I'm always on TS with people, but I've met a fair few decent people. One even gave me and M14 Aim with a PBX Boat... Just depends who is on the map, not what the map is...

No it depends on the map aswell. High concentrations of people spawning in close to one large city and barracks are bound to cause problems. Some people just sit there and kill you as you walk up the massive hill from the beach where you spawn.

Taviana is great, we had our server running .eu version, but the tents wouldnt save after the first time used.

Plus the Santas got old shooting them...

.com might be your best option right now.

You obviously have not explored the world that much. Forests around where I live are just like that. There is plenty of vegitation, and the cities are awesome. Who cares if they are hundreds of meters long? Haven't you been in a real city? (Cherno is not a real city.)

Also, mountains in real life don't generally look that different...I have not seen a single map in DayZ that has "realistic" mountains. The cities are also much better designed then Chernarus. There is much more uniqueness then Chernarus and other maps like Namalsk and Celle, such as windmills, varying enviroments, oil rigs, and the huge cities.

Now please come back when you've left wherever you live and explored the world a bit.

You have seriosly no glue about level design, Nature and Cityarchitekture. Your are a liar too.

"Forests around where I live are just like that."... thats 100% not true. Forests are not that clean, you have allways smaler plants, dead wood and the trees with a different size. You have smaler trees and trees wich covered with leaves or needles grown to the ground at the edges of a forest. On Glades you have higher grass, plants and more leaves/needles on the trees because of the more light.

You have nothing of this in Taviana.

Cherno is a real City

original.jpg

Like every City on DayZ

original.jpg

You can find realistic made Mountains in:

Panthera

Chernarus

Takistan

but not on Taviana. EVERY Mountain on Taviana has the same angle on the hillsides. The have the same vegatation everywhere. Same Textures everything looks same on every mountain.

The Towns. You are talking about uniqueness... but one big tower or big building in a town is not uniqueness. Look, every town is on a totaly flat ground. In every town you can find the same buildings. No town is uniqe with their buildings, the placement of the streets or LOOT(wich makes destroys the gameplay). There are street 150m long without any sidestreet, door or gap to hide. Thats unrealistic and and kills a fair gameplay.

And biggest mistake in the City: They all look freshbuild and like no one was ever living there. A Town after a zombieapokalypse is full of cars, garbage, newspapers on the ground, roadblocks, destroyed windows and electricity lines, destroyed bridges, burrned buildings, cars and garbage.

Its not that the Taviamaker dosent had a good example with chernarus. In Chernarus you have a dirty postapokalypitc enviorment, you have a vertical gameplay because of buildings on hillside, lower and higher places in towns.. simple a realistic placment of houses. You feel life in cheranus. Somehing happend there, you can feel it and see it even without Zombie you know in chernarus something bad happend. And in Taviana? You feel nothing. A Happy clear sterile world without any life. And dont fucking tell me that one little traffic congestion in Sabina is life. Fuck that, a very bad production.

You Said:

"There is much more uniqueness then Chernarus and other maps like Namalsk and Celle, such as windmills, varying enviroments, oil rigs, and the huge cities."

in Case of Celle, yes thats true.

Based on Namalsk and Chernarus its complete bullshit what you are talking and every level designer or hoppy levelmaker will agree me.

You get dazzeld by a huge map, big buildings(they offer only big doors, no big loot or something) and hype by little ignorant kiddys.

Taviana is a nice idea but need much more work in gameplay(House,way placement), vegeatation and vehicle/playerspawn placement.

If the maker countinues his works Taviana will be a great map! I have 2000 zombiekills on it, i like it but every time i play it im like: "omg what he done here... and here.... and there..."

Edited by DirtyCry

Taviana's hot, and really nice to play.

The main and only bridge gives it all its charm.

It's hot and not going to stop, just try it.

For me it looks too fake, everything places perfectly but also poor design like how there are never any holes in walls and you have to sometimes run right round a big city to get where you want.... in real like you can just jump over a wall, which is what the holes in Chernarus serve as.

Just a bad map IMO.

That said Chernarus needs a big city in the middle.

I like Taviana , it's a different feel from Chernarus. It looks like it's only been days since the apocalypse. Everything is mostly intact, the roads wide, straight and free of wrecks and blockades. Because of that, driving on Taviana is a lot more fun than on Chernarus. Going off-road is not mandatory, so even the crappy cars are fun to drive. It's also easy to hide a car on Taviana.

On the other hand, if you don't have a car, the map can be really boring as it takes forever to get around on foot. The walls and fences surrounding many buildings will annoy the hell out of you. Also, the off-shore oils rigs or islands where teams can safely land their choppers seem a bit cheap. On some servers, all the choppers and boats can be hoarded away from the mainland.

Overall, it's a lot easier than Chernarus because there are so many vehicles and medium/high yield military buildings. Some city are also very easy to loot because the zombies are sparse, or sometimes they even get stuck and never come after you.