raryin

DayZ Standalone Suggestions

Hey everyone,

Here are a number of suggestions that I have for the DayZ standalone. I am aware that many of these changes may have been considered / implemented by the DayZ team already but I will put them here just in case.

-UPGRADED RADIOS-

MOVED TO SEPARATE THREAD: http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/117561-advanced-radios/

Essentially radios could be looted from military areas such as crashed heli sites, barracks, firestations (rarely) etc.

You can select a "channel" between 001 and 999 via the radio.

There would be a new chat channel called "Radio" to go with Direct, Side etc.

Any typed or voiced messages you send over "Radio" channel will be broadcasted to anyone who is on the same numbered channel.

Eg You and your clan use radio channel 617 to communicate.

This adds the extra risk of other players / clans finding your used channel and listening to your comms.

*OPTIONAL: Radios are only usable when within a certain distance of a radio / comms tower.

*OPTIONAL: Radios require batteries.

-DEFIBRILLATORS-

They work as upgraded Epipens and can be looted from hospitals, medical tents and heli-crash sites.

They have unlimited uses as opposed to a regular Epipen which is consumed upon use.

*OPTIONAL: Requires batteries to use.

-MAP MARKERS ATTACHED TO MAP-

A feature where map markers are "drawn" on each individual map when the holder creates them. This would allow players to give maps with markings on them to their allies or to steal maps off their enemies and check their markers.

-CAR UPGRADES-

I am fairly sure these have been included in the standalone already but just in case, here are a few ideas:

*Tyre treads (lootable & attachable, increased grip for car)

*Snow plow (I believe this has been fitted to a URAL already?)

*Tinted windows (lootable, work same as windscreen glass but darker)

*Car radio (Yes this is more or less useless but why not add some smooth tunes to your Sunday drive up to Zelenogorsk)

*GPS ("Install" your inventory GPS into a vehicle so it can sit on the dash)

*Camo netting (Only when the vehicle isn't moving)

*Car locks (see below)

-CAR LOCKS-

Yes I am aware that locking cars would ruin the game. However a simple system where cars (only "cars" so motorbikes and helicopters are discounted) spawn locked and can be locked / unlocked by the driver. A player can only enter a car after smashing at least 1 window, or if there are already windows broken. This could also come with optional car alarms which can be looted and installed in a vehicle and can be enabled / disabled by the driver (attracts zombies).

-INCREASED VARIETY OF MELEE WEAPONS-

Makes sense that this is already considered by the DayZ team, but some options are:

*Baseball / Cricket bats

*Golf clubs

*Swords / katanas

*Batons (minimal damage, maximum knockout)

*Chainsaw (Errrr maybe not)

-WEAPON ATTACHMENTS-

As weapons are becoming "entities" in the standalone, here are some attachment ideas. (Note as most mod makers / map makers are removing the high grade military gear, these attachments are relatively primative)

*Flashlights

*Supressors

*Hunting Knife (Bayonet?)

*Alternate scopes / viewfinders

Naturally these attachments would only be available for certain weapons.

That's all for now, if I have any further suggestions I will attach them here.

Please let me know what you all think :thumbsup:

Edited by Raryin
  • Like 2

Hmmm alright my apologies, don't think the specific radio or defibrillator suggestions were mentioned however.

Radios were discussed at length but it was quite a while ago and people don't tag their posts properly which means they don't show up in searches. Nothing wrong with discussing them again though.

Well I think it would be cool if there are a number of different channels that you could use, meaning that clans could "war" each other by searching for their comms channel.

I would hope that at some point radios are implemented. Then like you say a new channel could open up for people who have radios.

• Like 2

Are you saying that if Radios were placed in the Game they would be findable items like in buildings or would they be more like a part for vehicles and in some vehicles the radio is missing because that would be a great concept.

I like the idea of radios with frequency channels that could be used and intercepted by those the message was not intended for. Its a great idea.

And of course golf clubs.... there HAS to be golf clubs imo

• Like 1

Are you saying that if Radios were placed in the Game they would be findable items like in buildings or would they be more like a part for vehicles and in some vehicles the radio is missing because that would be a great concept.

Both ! Like I mentioned with the GPS, attaching your equipment to the car would be great (attach your GPS and radio to the car's dashboard) or a separate item "car radio" that you can attach.

• Like 1

As a Dayz Admin I'd like to see more objects for decorating the map.

Having just two dead bodies of soldiers is very limiting. Can we get more?

Can we get 3 or 4 dead civilians, skeletons (human as well as animals) to be scattered across the map?

Bomb craters would be nice, fallen trees, rubble that doesn't look like it's been tidied up into a neat pile?

I'd also like the ability to have spawn points for general items like food and water just randomly scattered across the map in low quantities. Why should all the canned food just be found in buildings (some are just ruins anyway)?

:)

Defribilators does not work like epipens at all. They actually stop the heart to get it into the right rythm if it bets irregular.

Common myths misused by everything ever... But still, defribilators can not start up the heart.

I hid behind a large wheelie bin the other night and thought how cool it would be if i could move it.

• Like 1

I like pretty much all of those ideas, however. Swords, katanas and batons should keep away from DayZ in my opinion. Golf clubs and Baseball bats seems like cool idea (maybe like 1k-2k damage and knocks people out if you hit the head?).

I would like to add:

More movable things, like trashcans, maybe cars pushed from back.

More hiding places and different kind, shaped, and sized trees/bushes.

You have seen in the game pile of logs, maybe more of those but bigger piles, maybe you could build those piles yourself?

Fallen trees in the forests.

Chainsaws could be cool too as you said.

Really big thing i recommend is a chance to kill people with hunting knife for silent kills. Also shooting in car with pistol would be cool, especially if there is tinted windows, you can hide in backseat and wait till someone comes in and ambush him with pistol.

Edited by Peddlefeet

Defribilators does not work like epipens at all. They actually stop the heart to get it into the right rythm if it bets irregular.

Common myths misused by everything ever... But still, defribilators can not start up the heart.

And Morphine fixes broken bones. I don't think it's too far fetched to have a defibrillator used to revive an unconscious player, do you? There's realism and then there's realism.

Edited by Raryin

Chainsaw? No...

Hedge trimmers? Yes!

Also, I think bodies should be rare as carrion/zeds would surely scoff them up. I'd leave the dead bodies as just players or random "events"

Rgds

LoK

they should put submarines in dayz standalone so one epic under water battle in the submarine and plus zombie marines in the sub

Edited by Candylol

they should put submarines in dayz standalone so one epic under water battle in the submarine and plus zombie marines in the sub

Yeah I'm pretty sure they are leaning towards a "less-military" world so submarines somewhat go the other way on that one...

I'm moving the radio idea to a separate thread to see if it can get some more attention.

• Like 1

I don't like to poke holes in what I feel are good ideas (the radio suggestion) however, I just cant see players using them when finding a radio will be tricky, risky as it would give away your location, potentially attract zeds to your location, get you shot by your friends cause you cant radio your location to them and having people listen in on your channel because....

people use voip and it solves all the above issues. I don't see a way of stopping players using voip systems.

I own a "Ural" An M35A2 and There is no lock or key. So Excluding all military vehicles except for suv type vehicles then yes on the lock. but you need to have the key in your inventory slot...

I hid behind a large wheelie bin the other night and thought how cool it would be if i could move it.

Or hide stuff inside it?

Personally I'd like to be able to hide things in Wardrobes, cardboard boxes, etc.

ATM, it is too easy to lose an item because it's in a very recognisable object like a car or tent?

Edited by quatermass

Or hide stuff inside it?

Personally I'd like to be able to hide things in Wardrobes, cardboard boxes, etc.

ATM, it is too easy to lose an item because it's in a very recognisable object like a car or tent?

It would be cool if you could bury items maybe include plastic bags to stop corrosion and the like.

Marking your map with a waypoint to re-locate said items but also including metal detectors with the chance of having your stuff looted.

Maybe only allow these actions if a digging tool is owned.

My apologies if this has been mentioned already. One of the cool things in the mod is the ability to run and essentially out-run the zombies. However, in arma 2, one can run for unrealistic lengths of time without tiring. I think adding some kind of game mechanic that limits the duration one can continuously run (at least at full speed) would be nice. That would add a bit of panic to the "bolt through town without a care in the world" maneuver. The player would be thinking that at some point soon there will be the need to ditch these zombies chasing me because eventually they will catch me.

One possible solution would be to gradually decrease the run speed and use audio queues with the breathing sounds to indicate that the player is tired. The speed eventually decreases to the crouch run speed, which as we all know is not fast enough to fully evade zombies.

• Like 1

Hello people. I'm from Russia. We in Russia are waiting 4 DayZ SA too =) Excuse my english plz) By the way I agree with the previous suggestion.

2 main bad things in dayZ now: cheaters and stupid zombies.

1st thing, I hope, will be fixed without users.

2nd thing makes the game really poor. Zombies have to be more dangerous. Using of technics  is forbidden to them. Therefore for balance they have to be stronger, quicker and more dangerously than the unarmed person. Confused bustle which happens now looks ridiculously. As soon as you were noticed by one zombie, he has to cry and draw attention of all the group. They shouldn't run aimlessly for you, they have to grab, slow down, tumble down. Unarmed fight with the zombie (including battle with the weapon of near fight) has to give chances 50 on 50 on a survival. Against group of the zombie the should be no chances to win. Nobody can run with a speed of spinter of 10 kilometers. After meters of the 200th sprinting of people has to tell: I can't any more. After 400 m of a sprinting it has to stop/be tumbled down flat-out, having lost opportunity to resist. Therefore the only chance to escape if you noticed: to find shelter or to accept the last battle. In near fight infection has to happen at any damage from the zombie. This infection can't be cured antibiotics (what nonsense), it is necessary either a vaccine, or you'll become a zombie (death for the player). Presence of leaders of the zombie in large settlements is possible. Probably infected dogs (quicker, but weaker). 

One more: Did you think who zombies are? Zombies are the infected people. Task of the zombie is not to eat the player, but to infect it. At a set of damages of the player of the zombie (100 percentage infection) they have to lose any interest to the person and wait for replenishment of the army. It would be quite good to force the person to win back a couple of hours for the zombie (without control before awakening, and awakening only at a pursuit for survived).
And still something. I consider reasonable to enter restriction on revival after death at least at about 3 o'clock and to tie him in a key bought in Steam. So people will treat more carefully to the character.
If these offers will be realized, DayZ SA becomes the best game on a planet, and cooperation between players will increase in times. Before shooting down the companions in game, whether the kemper-school student of 100 times will think will hear his shot group clever, angry and dangerous zombies. That will result in couple of hours of aimless game for the zombie, or expectation at 3 hours to opportunity to resume game.