rocket

Devblog update: Where is the Standalone?

Is that female character the player's choice character?

If, so, why are the clothes lighter than the male character's clothes?

In the interest of fairness and equality, sureley the clothes should be of the same type, becase those female clothes are way too light and will be easy to spot in the dark surroundings of Chernarus.

Something for you to consider before release I think.

• Like 1

Cannot wait! New inventory system and textures will completely change this game!

It will take more than new textures to make this great game, it's what's underneath the eye candy that's important, and I am sure the devs have that sorted, it's just not as nice to look at!

PS: Calm down now fanboys.

I'm assuming from the screenshot, there's a chance that you can strip down to your pants.

That's gonna make some fantastic opportunity for trolling and general idiocy.

Pantless zombie trains - woo woo!

Are those Beans in the window being cooked by the sun? :P

it all looks good, but maybe a little to 'clean". (perhaps because it's still the -improved- Arma2 engine, and i should shut up..)

repaireble items such as nvg's? GREAT!

characters look great!

Can we combine clothes so our character will not catch a cold after a rainy day/keep warm etc?

from some army experience:

can we strip down our character to his/her undy's, put the clothes in the back pack and swim acros a river.

get out the water, put dry clothes back on and tada...

no sick/getting cold/wining/shivering character.

Edited by Gert-Jan
  • Like 8

there will certainly be a fair amount of female characters running around half naked.. Well for the sake of role play we can just pretend the post traumatic shock from the outbreak on weak minded women had led them to such behaviour... I think?

• Like 5

Dean! It's 4-5AM, get to sleep! ;-P The Standalone looks fantastic at the moment, and I'm sure it'll play much better then any Screenshots can show! Can't wait to get my hands on a copy.

I believe I speak for most, if not all of the community in saying; We're not overly bothered if the release date is pushed back, for whatever reason that may be. Fairly certain most of us can't comprehend how much work has went into making this a viable Game, when it was only ever released less then a year ago as a small Project aiming for a couple hundred, maybe a thousand or so Players. If you're not satisfied with some features and so on, I'm sure it'll be worth the extra wait for a completely polished & functional Game. From the looks of it, that's exactly what we'll be seeing in the coming months.

Well done to the DayZ Development Team, along with the Forum Moderating Team keeping the flaming to a minimum without going insane while doing it ;-P

I'd also like to say for myself, I have an open wallet. Feel free to take however much you want for the Game when it's released ;-)

• Like 5

It will take more than new textures to make this great game, it's what's underneath the eye candy that's important, and I am sure the devs have that sorted, it's just not as nice to look at!

PS: Calm down now fanboys.

Its already a great game! Those new textures are a massive improvement over the current bland ones :thumbsup:

I agree the stuff under the hood has some way to go yet though!

how do we test it ?

looking forward to standalone but no date still :(

looking nice in screenies though B)

Looks like I'll need to build a new PC!

Love the idea of damaging loot through killing. Will make being a bandit more difficult and less rewarding - no bad thing!

Simply amazing!! Keep up the good work!!

Can i give a suggestion? Add some can openers to the game.

Just to freak out some starving soul that just found some beans and cant taste it. lol

Awesome! But will the cities change layout? Or will only the old buildings be rebuilt, and the cities keep their look?

Wow I wish I could write more but this is straight from my phone using tapatalk but this is amazing news . Thanks a lot rocket for sharing this with us . Im sure I speak from everybody here when I say thank you . Im also sure I speak for everybody here when I ask " where do I sign up ?" . Thanks a lot and :beans: to you .

how do we test it ?

looking forward to standalone but no date still :(

looking nice in screenies though B)

i think soon we´ll see more

Random or they look people with specific play-styles/identions

good stuff. thanks for the update

I get the feeling you shouldn't have mentioned closed testing...

• Like 2

The important question is (at least to me) ....

@ rocket .... how do we get in to that 500-1000 ppl pre-release test? I would like to help you out.

And thanks for sweet pictures and the update.