rocket

A not-announcement announcement for the forums!

Thanks for the shout, Rocket.

Remember, the people really appreciate the effort you guys are putting in.

Don't let the impatience of people get to you. You can't blame folks for being excited.

As for the previous lack of news, you really shouldn't worry about that sort of thing.

If you never mentioned it, everyone would've forgotten. Just distract us with shiny announcements and infos!

• Like 3

He's alive!!!

Good to hear from you Rocket. Hope you have had the time to relax and refuel over the holidays. You have been missed, but everyone on this forum is just looking forward to a quality product from the team. Take your time :) I'll play the mod whenever I get impatient :D

Toast to the forum admins (except Fraggle) who in the past have had to read CandyLOL's posts,

Hold up a tick - where has that loveable little scamp got to!?

I don't see why you need to justify the silence to be honest, Rawkit. Christmas holidays tend to mean no working anyway...

I'm sorry to hear that you've been associated (god knows how) with The War Z though. That must have been like having someone dunk their fat sweating balls onto your forehead... unpleasant, and just outrightly sickening.

• Like 2

Just distract us with shiny announcements and infos!

Its all we ask :P

Also:

In fact, we've gone even further than I could ever have hoped... we're not only making the game, we're redoing the engine specifically for the game.

This really is a great achivement!

Edited by Hoik

Hold up a tick - where has that loveable little scamp got to!?

I don't see why you need to justify the silence to be honest, Rawkit. Christmas holidays tend to mean no working anyway...

I'm sorry to hear that you've been associated (god knows how) with The War Z though. That must have been like having someone dunk their fat sweating balls onto your forehead... unpleasant, and just outrightly sickening.

Apparently he was banned, one less amusing thing out of my life :(

Edit: or not, but me and the admins wish him good luck to other forums he ventures to.

Edited by HooWoo

Its no problem the Standalone is delayed. I think its better than getting something that sucks (Dayz won´t but other Z´s do ^^) or isn´t the way we imagin it to be or even without promises that were made for it.

So let the time flow and when we the SA reach the Point to be released we will all be Happy.

Thanks to Community Devs and Modder for the nice Maps and Mods to kill the time until the release :)

Edited by Paddy0610
  • Like 1

at the beginnining the devs just wanted to create a polished version of the mod and then start adding new (fun) stuff later on...at some point this autumn when they had tweaked the game engine for their needs they realized that they could do so much better ... I would say at this time the real SA was born...so no need to hurry...

cheers

Linked post in question:

In short:

The community understands the situation, but it needs a New Year's gift. In any form. We can't let them feel abandoned at this time. New year is the time of great emotions and the efect of your gift will be doubled.

Detailed:

The most tense anticipation of this year in my life is something about the DayZ Standalone. No dreams about the sudden release (just a slight wild hope) on Dec 31th.

But I'm pretty patient and created this topic not for myself, but for the community. The problem is that the community is knowing far less than I and it doesn't matter whether they are Rocket-haters or fanboys, they all just wait, every day.

I fully understand, that Rocket's saying or showing something about the standalone is not making the standalone any better, bla bla... BUT It's the New Year Eve, guys. It's magic. And our friendship is magic! :)

Matt, I adddress this to you, because I think Rocket is not visiting the forums since the 7th of December.

Whatever you planned to announce, please, do it in a New Year present fashion. Do it on the 31th of December. Guys, you have to show some love to the community. Matt is already showing it doing these awesome Q&A at my forums, BUT, there must be something for all the community.

If you haven't planned the announcement or it's not ready, or you planned it for the January, please, make some screenshot without showing anything of a feature or design.. I don't know, make a concept-art screenhot or import some DecoratedChristmasTree.pbo into the engine and put it in the middle of Cherno...

You can do it some other way.

Gather all the DayZ dev team and do a collective photograph. I know Rocket is not fond of being photographed. So give him the camera and he does the shot. Then write something short and positive, some New Year wish. No spilers, no promises or dates. A photo and names maybe, or some standalone running blurred at some screen in the background, and you can't see shit in it even at highest zooming in photoshop, but people see at least something.

I can't know what is best to do, because I'm of course unaware of the Masterplan. It's up to you to choose the form of this New Year gift. Guyz, we need public relations improved. Now it's, well, looks like there's no such department in DayZ project. Seems that Rocket does everything himself :) And Matt is helping him...

This is from the Moderator section, so you guys won't see it otherwise.
  • Like 8

Apparently he was banned, one less amusing thing out of my life :(

It's funny really... everything he wrote was either just outrightly a cry for beans, or generally stupid and infuriating.. but now he's gone, a little part of me has died :(

RIP CandyLOL - may you bane the graveyard with your inproper grasp of upper case letters and punctuation.

• Like 3

It's funny really... everything he wrote was either just outrightly a cry for beans, or generally stupid and infuriating.. but now he's gone, a little part of me has died :(

RIP CandyLOL - may you bane the graveyard with your inproper grasp of upper case letters and punctuation.

RIP, he reserved a part of my heart waiting for another stupid post of his always kept me at the forums :(

Correct, sorry, I'm just shocked as to how he replied to me, I mean, I am just asking, right?

@Topic

Rocket, the majority of your fans believe in you, thank you for what you did and for what you will still do in the future. Go ROCKET!

Yeah just asking right?,,,,,,,, troll.

Edited by unclebully

I completely understand Rocket when he doesn't want to give out more specifics. All we need to know really is that they're working on it and coming along fine. Any more details just would end up twisting our expectations and also giving competing games 'food for thought'.

All I was worrying about was that the SA has somehow been derailed (health issues, stress, burn out?) but that seems to be off the table now. I feel relieved.

• Like 4

We understand and appreciate the ethics behind the game - people are inpatient and are excited for the standalone. I'm one who has stopped playing so much in anticipation for it. I'm alos one who would prefer to wait for a better product than some rushed piece of shit.

I feel I trust the Dayz team and BIS. I also trust that the standalone is not the end and it will only get better and better.

Happy new year and get back to work :D

• Like 1

zero stress,go on with your work! we can handle it with the mod which is everyday a surprise

nice one rocket, just what I needed to read. I started to fear there were unexpected issues with development or something :)

Patience will result in a better game :)

Well, I can play a not finished game, you know :) For me earlier release is better.