4 replies to this topic

#1 JackTB123

JackTB123

Scavenger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:21 PM

Hey Guys, I want to record some DayZ gameplay at 1080P and I need to know what are the best settings for this that will have good quality but not gigantic sizes such as 25GB for 10 minutes or something.

Specs:
i5 3470
XFX HD 7950
8GB of RAM

I want to know what are the best settings for these specs. I am not too bothered about say 1GB per minute as I normally edit the video, render it and then delete the original and when its time delete the rendered.

EDIT: I will use any codec but already have Lagarith installed.

EDIT: These will be for most games

Edited by JackTB123, 02 January 2013 - 07:34 PM.

i5, HD 7950, 8GB of RAM. I think I am sorted.

#2 PracticalTactical

PracticalTactical

Bean King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 504 posts
  • LocationSkalka

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:32 PM

Please don't, there are already millions of DayZ "lets plays". Do not add to the pile unless its a 2 min clip of something good happening and not 45 mins of you and your 14 year old buddies running allong the coast, because we have all done that and it has been posted thousands of times.

#3 JackTB123

JackTB123

Scavenger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:34 PM

Please don't, there are already millions of DayZ "lets plays". Do not add to the pile unless its a 2 min clip of something good happening and not 45 mins of you and your 14 year old buddies running allong the coast, because we have all done that and it has been posted thousands of times.

Could you at least advise me on the settings for most games then. I was going to use these settings for lots of other games aswell.

#4 ponystein

ponystein

Helicopter Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Locationuk

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:13 PM

i use the xvid codec to record my gameplay videos , it reduces the file size by a tun and also keeps it at high quality .

[r+]

Posted Image

#5 JackTB123

JackTB123

Scavenger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:30 PM

i use the xvid codec to record my gameplay videos , it reduces the file size by a tun and also keeps it at high quality .

Thanks for the help. :)