lvg

[GUIDE - STEAM] To those spawning invisible / No Debug + Errors / Beta Update

You don't have file name extensions showing, It will be called "Arma2oa" for you as the type is "application" which means it an exe.

When starting game, i get error that says im missing CAbuildingparts, or something like that and when i join server, it says i cant join server/mission because i dont have chernarus addon or something like that.

I remember struggling with this issue before 1.7.1.5, but i dont remember how to fix it, so can someone who knows help me. Posted this here because it came up after doing fixes LVG posted on 1st page.

ARMA2OA.exe version is 1.60.87.580

EDIT: After doing verify integrity of game cache, i get error that says "Error creating Direct3D 9 Graphical engine".

@voodoo you've installed the beta wrong that is the default version rename arma2oa and go into the beta folder and copy the arma2oa from there and paste it where you just renamed the other one

@death youve either done the same thing or haven't added in the command line by right clicking Arma 2 : operation arrow head in steam and "set launch option"

I did as you sed, and now it seems that that version which i copied from expansion folder is now version 1.60.93.965.

I got rid of that Direct3d problem, but im still missing CAbuildings.

Are you 100% sure you're starting the game as Combined Ops?

@voodoo you've installed the beta wrong that is the default version rename arma2oa and go into the beta folder and copy the arma2oa from there and paste it where you just renamed the other one

@death youve either done the same thing or haven't added in the command line by right clicking Arma 2 : operation arrow head in steam and "set launch option"

I added the command line. Is there any spaces in the command line?

Yes copy it exactly as it is

Yes, i am 100& sure.

I dont know about the others, but as is run CO in Steam, it just turns it on and then i have to launch OA. It has worked with older version well.

I used to have this same CAbuildingparts problem, but i cant remember how to fix it, and now when this beta is mixed in, it gets more complicated.

I'm running into the same problem as Voodoo. I've followed the guide to the t and yet I'm still running into the unable to generate 3D error. I could really use some help, the problem seems to be the fact I'm running the beta because before I updated the beta, I wasn't running into this problem. To clarify:

I've installed the beta.

I've updated DayZ mod.

I've renamed the original ArmA2OA to ArmA2OABackup.

I've updated the launch parameters.

I've verified the game cache.

Please help! I'm a bit desperate.

I get an error, that when I try and join any server that it tells me my file's key's aren't accepted by the server, and then I need to get keys, or delete them. But I can't.

No one seems to want to help though..

This topic deserves a sticky! I think it should also be release with the latest release. I know my clan and I went nuts trying to figure out why this was happening. So thanks for this guide!

Thank you so much LVG, for writing this all out. Finally, i can get back to the game that just drives me nuts to no end, now that its finally working right

I'm running into the same problem as Voodoo. I've followed the guide to the t and yet I'm still running into the unable to generate 3D error. I could really use some help' date=' the problem seems to be the fact I'm running the beta because before I updated the beta, I wasn't running into this problem. To clarify:

I've installed the beta.

I've updated DayZ mod.

I've renamed the original ArmA2OA to ArmA2OABackup.

I've updated the launch parameters.

I've verified the game cache.

Please help! I'm a bit desperate.

[/quote']

If you could go to your arma 2 operation arrow head directory and right click arma2oa > properties > details tab and where it says product version could you write the number here begins with 1.60

Blade' pid='168498' dateline='1340347437']

This topic deserves a sticky! I think it should also be release with the latest release. I know my clan and I went nuts trying to figure out why this was happening. So thanks for this guide!

It was a sticky griff seems to have removed the threads and put them into one, but leaving this out

Blade' pid='171102' dateline='1340377998']

Well that seems odd. This is a very valuable thread IMO lol

Thanks, Pleasure to help

i have the same problem as skeletor so il just write down my product version:

You've not put the beta .exe in your normal folder, i'll make a picture on how to do it give me a few minutes

Tuto.jpg

did that, combined operations works when i launch it from steam,but when i launch with arma 2 launcher i get direct3d 9 error

edit: i had some options in arma2 launcher set up wrong

thanks for the fast help.

Thanks' date=' Pleasure to help

[/quote']

You're very welcome! What's funny though, is when you responded to my first post, I didn't realize you were the one who wrote the guide. hahaha

This is really helpful. I hate the launcher so when a friend showed me this thread I got excited! Thank you to LVG for a detailed guide! :)

This is really helpful. I hate the launcher so when a friend showed me this thread I got excited! Thank you to LVG for a detailed guide! :)

You can repay me with your soul

You can repay me with your soul

I have no soul, it's already been sold

Followed this guide, but I still get kicked out of games when I try to join them with an error that reads that I am missing "chernarus".