lvg

[GUIDE - STEAM] To those spawning invisible / No Debug + Errors / Beta Update

If you are spawning without a debug monitor and you are invisible you need to update to the latest Beta as if you join a server 1.7.1 + and that server is running 93825 you will get this problem.

This guide will also solve the errors such as

"Error creating Direct3D 9 Graphical Engine"

"Bad server version"

"CA Building parts"

Using Steam ONLY

1) Download and install the latest beta patch from http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

2) Once you've installed the beta go to your main ARMA 2 OA directory something like this "C:\steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead"

and rename "arma2oa.exe" to something like "arma2oaBACKUP.exe" A lot of people are failing at this, please look at this image

then proceed to "arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\beta" Copy the "arma2oa.exe" and place it in your "steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead" directory where you have just renamed the stock arma2oa to arma2oaBACKUP

3) Ensure you have 1.7.1 installed from here (DayZ latest version 1.7.1.at the time of this)

4) For a guide on installing DayZ look here

5)Then right click ARMA 2 : OA and put this as your launch parameter (In the steam Library Right click ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead > Set launch options)

-beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -nosplash -mod=@Dayz

6) Now you should have the mod installed and the steam overlay just launch ARMA 2 : OA as Combined Ops

If when launching ARMA 2 : OA you receive "This game is currently unavailable" Right click ARMA 2 : OA > Local Files > Verify integrity of game cache, and then it should launch.

Video guide, this proves it works if you do it correctly. (Best to watch on youtube as the resolution is bad)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abCmAgQc_8k

*Note I don't know if this will work for the free version of Arma 2*

Edit: Nevermind. Did not work after all.

It's worked for quite a few of my friends and others on here, what's the problem you're having?

I went to that page and used the the most recent patch, but after it was done doing its thing it said, "ArmA2 OA patch 1.60 has been applied successfully." Am I doing something wrong, or is there another way to make it say 1.7?

Also, since I'm new to this kind of stuff, I may just be overlooking something.

1.7 is the version of Dayz

For those of you that tried OP's solution but it didnt work (Like me) then this is how I did it. It might work for you.

Make sure you have Arma 2's latest beta patch.

Then, download Dayz's files BY TORRENT. This is way faster than downloading them manually, which takes forever and keeps on corrupting the files that took you 3 hours to download even with a 30mb/s connection. This is crap and needs to be fixed, so for now use the TORRENT which goes at 1.5 Mb/s.

Go in your Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead folder in Steam/steamapps. Go in the @Dayz Folder, back up all of its content. Then delete all the content that is in this folder.

Extract the .rar that you got from the torrent and copy over the folder "addons" that is in the extracted folders. Just the addons folder. Copy it.

Paste the addons folder in your @Dayz folder that you have opened.

Now go back to the main folder of Operation arrowhead. Go into Expansion,Beta and copy the exe thats in there (Not the one with "server" in it, the other one). Go back to the main folder of Operation Arrowhead and paste it there. IF it asks to replace say yes or back up the old exe.

Go in your steam's library and right click on operation arrowhead. Click properties. Then under the general tab, click Set Launch Options. Paste everything here without the quotes "-beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -nosplash -mod=@Dayz". Click ok and close everything.

Now to launch the game, DO NOT use Sixupdater. Just go in your library of steam, right lick Operation arrowhead and click Launch Combined Operations. Thats it, here you go.

Now, I do not know if the actual Sixupdater / Sixlauncher is all messed up and needs to be fixed, or if it is just the Dayz files that get corrupted. I do not know whats causing the problem, but until I did EXACTLY all of these steps listed above, nothing was wroking. Reinstalling wasnt fixing the issue, at all. But this did the trick.

I hope I helped all of you.

Just would like clarification on a couple of things, if I may?

I have done all of the above, multiple times. I am still having considerable trouble joining servers (such as hanging on the "loading" part). Can anyone actually tell me what is causing this? (I have seen someone mention possibly server loads).

My second question is, servers running outdated Dayz_Code. I have had an error, after installing the latest update, stating that "I" am running an incorrect version of the Dayz_Code file. (1.7.1.1). whereas the server is running 1.7.1. Would you be able to tell me why I am the one at fault with this?

Kind Regards,

Valechor.

Just would like clarification on a couple of things' date=' if I may?

I have done all of the above, multiple times. I am still having considerable trouble joining servers (such as hanging on the "loading" part). Can anyone actually tell me what is causing this? (I have seen someone mention possibly server loads).

My second question is, servers running outdated Dayz_Code. I have had an error, after installing the latest update, stating that "I" am running an incorrect version of the Dayz_Code file. (1.7.1.1). whereas the server is running 1.7.1. Would you be able to tell me why I am the one at fault with this?

Kind Regards,

Valechor.

[/quote']

Maybe the server that you tried to join didn't update their server info as listed.

This doesn't work for me. Perhaps since I'm running a retail version, not steam.

DayZ is updated to 1.7.1.1, and I've installed the latest beta patch.

I've renamed the arma2oa.exe in my main directory, then copied in the beta .exe ... however when I try to right-click and edit launch properties, there's nowhere to do that. So, I did it like I had to originally: create a shortcut, then edit the launch properties of that. BUT, then it tells me my paths are invalid.

EDIT: I'm an idiot, and was overwriting the first "C:/blahblah.exe" path. I can get to the game, and servers now. Unfortunately it still takes ages to get past "waiting for character to create."

IF it actually gets past there, which remains to be seen.

EDIT 2: I can actually spawn into some servers. BUT, they either have a horrific framerate, OR, they have no sound/debug menu.

@Valechor For the endless loading, it could be the servers but you could try right clicking on ARMA 2 OA and reinstalling battleye

@Malleus To get launch properties when right clicking the arma2oa.exe you need to create a short cut, on the short cut right click > properties > Target

is the line for that

Error running direct3d9 or something

fuck >_>

Gooby Pls

Make sure you run as combined ops

fuck >_>

Gooby Pls

gooby pls i em dolan

i gat anoter eror in stem cald = gam unavelbel

gooby pls kil spoderman to

The above seems to be for Steam(?) - will this work on the DVD versions?

I too have tried completely uninstalling ANY ArmA2 games (Arrowhead / Reinforcements / etc) and also deleting any Bohemia directories, running a Registry cleaner, and then completely reinstalling from DVD and patching it all up as far as I can.

(I also still need the ArmA2 Beta patch and the command line switches?)

fuck >_>

Gooby Pls

gooby pls i em dolan

Right click ARMA 2 : OA > Properties > Local Files > Verify integrity of game cache

@ Horrgak I don't believe this works for anything else other than steam that's why i put "Using steam" :p Try this for the retail version http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=2421

fuck >_>

Gooby Pls

gooby pls i em dolan

Right click ARMA 2 : OA > Properties > Local Files > Verify integrity of game cache

@ Horrgak I don't believe this works for anything else other than steam that's why i put "Using steam" :p Try this for the retail version http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=2421

Got it working,

but not through steam, but by running beta patch

Thanks for your help anyways

@Valechor For the endless loading' date=' it could be the servers but you could try right clicking on ARMA 2 OA and reinstalling battleye

[/quote']

Have just managed to join 3 different servers with absolutely no issue. Even though previous server joins, it has said my Version for Battleye was "up-to-date" it clearly wasnt. just popped onto their website, downloaded the DLL, put it where it goes and hey presto, No issues! ;)

Cheers LVG. I'll no doubt have some other thing you're more than happy to help me with in future. just stick around! :D

This has drove me nuts for the past day, basically since 1.7.1 came out. Thanks for the help LVG (Your initial post fixed my issues), just a few quick questions.

Have they removed the humanity icon/meter with 1.7.1? I didn't see it anywhere in the patch notes and mine is missing, but I did fix the no debug window missing, invisible 3rd person and not being to spawn anywhere but debug forest/field.

On that note...to anyone getting stuck on a loading screen or constantly being spawning in debug field/forest. Log immediatly or you have a GREAT chance of losing your items. I have friends who were killed by people exploiting the patches and lost a full load of gear, I'm talking everything you need to be fully self sufficient. It's not hard to do (But I won't say how here to prevent people from doing this), I spawned multiple times in the debug field/forest myself and saw people running around killing looting players.

I actually killed a large number of a guild who was exploiting this bug since they were preying on people joining their guild server (There were 15+ NwO members on THEIR server, killing people as they joined). I posed as a 'loading' chracter and took them out one by one, not cool to host a server and exploit people coming to play on YOUR server (IMO the should have they're server banned)...cough NwO cough. Should have fraps'd that...

Make sure you install and use this patch correctly or there can be serious consequences. Honestly though I went from 1.5.8 to 1.6.0 to 1.7.0 without any problems. This is the first time (1.7.1) I've had these issues. I'm also seeing a large volume of people still talking in side chat complaining about how the patch broke the game. They're talking in side chat because they haven't installed the patch correctly and/or are having the same issue I and many others did.

Not sure what set this patch aside from the rest, but please devs work on an easier fix for this. I know tons of players are losing loot and becoming quite frustrated with this. I also used SixLauncher and it didn't install the patch properly, if that's any help.

Edit - I also just rememberd another bug I'm currently having. In group chat, AI are constantly spamming attack, meet here, etc. commands. It's really rather annoying, any idea?

They removed the humanity stuff and was in 1.7.1 change log, if people are still talking in side chat make sure you only join servers that require 93825 other wise you'll have problems and constantly spawning in debug you may get lucky on a beta server and spawn normally, but I can't guarantee it

when done what LVG suggested and try to enter server for my version i get no entry/bin /weapon_hatchet (or something like this) and the i get another erron message that sais i cant join server and i get thrown back to the lobby !

Is his something new im missong from 1.7.1.2 ? cos the downloader sais it has everything and can run properly...

Seems to be something to do with 1.7.1.2

I had the same problem, even with your instructions, it did not work.

I could not select "run beta" of six launcher.

I switched my theme to windows basic theme, and then make sure it works ...

Sorry for bad English via Google translator.