Midaychi

About the eating sound

Please. Please allow the players to remove it, or modify it, or remove it altogether. This is a zombie game you have and the most disgusting thing in the mod is the eating sound. Seriously, its like you recorded in either stereo or 7.1 and spliced someone gargling and crunching and ice cube with a dog licking itself, and some other unmentionable things, then called that an eating sound.

• Like 9

Guest Suffocation

This is probably one of the funniest descriptions I have read... Gave me a chuckle!

You have to remember this game is only in its alpha for now getting the game running properly comes above adding cosmetic features in.

I like the eating sound. Please do not change it. Tearing into a delicious juicy piece of lamb meat. OM NOM NOM! Dat wonderful 800 health per steak. CHOMP CHOMP CHOMP!

I like the eating sound. Please do not change it. Tearing into a delicious juicy piece of lamb meat. OM NOM NOM! Dat wonderful 800 health per steak. CHOMP CHOMP CHOMP!

But it doesn't sound like om nom nom or chomp chomp chomp. It's like some sort of sound that a human mouth is incapable of making without ample use of strange goop-like substances. It's like something you'd use in a bad anime hentai sex flash game to depict copulation.

• Like 1

Its funny everytime i eat it lol, would wish i hear a burp lol

• Like 2

TRUST ME YOU ARE NOT ALONE. I work as a waiter, I have to hear slobs eat like slobs all day, that doesn't bother me, that horrible pathetic fake eating noise they came up with as a sound byte youre basically forced to listen to does. The only thing I can equate that sound to is when I hear children pretending to eat. Which annoys me just as much. It's very unlikely that they will change this though. In my time working in the food industry in a large city I've come to realize something: table manners are a very rare thing.

The fact is only really the northern united states and parts of europe take table manners seriously at all. From what I've seen at least. For instance, did you know its polite table manners in Japanese culture to slurp your soup? It's true. Ever watch somebody from France or true French canadians eat? These people invented snooty dining and they're massive slobs. It would only make sense that people further away from english culture wouldn't give a damn whatsoever about terrible noises they make while eating. Also a majority of the people who play this game are children, children love these sort of noises; it amuses the hell out of kids to be annoying.

The game is in alpha though, and to be honest most of the sound effects do blow in general. SO heres to hoping.

ah I wish all the suggestions was that easy to implement...

Plagiarismo if you can somehow record something better, send it to me I can edit it and I will somehow try to send it to Rocket...

or if anyone else got any better sound...

I can edit it by myself but I don't think I can edit mod files without being banned after it.

Plagiarismo if you can somehow record something better, send it to me I can edit it and I will somehow try to send it to Rocket...

I can edit it by myself but I don't think I can edit mod files without being banned after it.

this engine doesnt have any sort of file consistency check for mandatory file(like weapon damage) so i doubt that mod has it. so you wont get banned for that.

http://www.audiosparx.com/sa/display/sounds.cfm/sound_group_iid.461

Heres a site full of examples of people actually eating. They all sound much better than the one used. Seriously. All of them are better by far.

Also, is there a way to change it to where the crowbar doesnt sound like you're smashing glass from 50 feet away when you're hitting a zombie, or to make it so zombies dont randomly say, "F*ck" or speak in russian when shot?

of all the things in the alpha that need attention, you pick this ???

seriously ??

wow...

I understand where you're coming from, I as the developer of the game shouldn't focus on mundane things like proper sound effects when theres things like faulty weapon switch, poor server support and major artifacting glitches still present in the game. Oh wait, I'm not a developer.. I'm a random player adding a minor complaint to the suggestion pile. Way to contribute genius.

well after listening to the original DayZ sounds, its not that bad, and its almost the same sounds as you posted :)

I sincerely hope the sounds/artwork for the most part are placeholders until they start to actually polish the game near the end. It's what I always assumed, anyways.

It does slightly amuse me to put a .45 round into a zombie's torso and hear him mutter obscenities.

TRUST ME YOU ARE NOT ALONE. I work as a waiter, I have to hear slobs eat like slobs all day, that doesn't bother me, that horrible pathetic fake eating noise they came up with as a sound byte youre basically forced to listen to does. The only thing I can equate that sound to is when I hear children pretending to eat. Which annoys me just as much. It's very unlikely that they will change this though. In my time working in the food industry in a large city I've come to realize something: table manners are a very rare thing.

The fact is only really the northern united states and parts of europe take table manners seriously at all. From what I've seen at least. For instance, did you know its polite table manners in Japanese culture to slurp your soup? It's true. Ever watch somebody from France or true French canadians eat? These people invented snooty dining and they're massive slobs. It would only make sense that people further away from english culture wouldn't give a damn whatsoever about terrible noises they make while eating. Also a majority of the people who play this game are children, children love these sort of noises; it amuses the hell out of kids to be annoying.

The game is in alpha though, and to be honest most of the sound effects do blow in general. SO heres to hoping.

Manners are just perception, brother. Choose not to be offended and you will not be. I eat efficiently, im not a slob :D

I think he should fix the thousands of bugs first. This seems VERY VERY LOW on the list.

It can be changed, I've done it in the past, but I don't know if BattleEye will throw a fit. I haven't repeated the process since an update overwrote it. Anyone know for certain if it can cause problems with BE?

Edited by MrSeagull

Hi folks.

Signed up just to agree with this.

irl I find the sound of folk eating disgusting, to the point that I refuse to be near anyone eating, because chances are, I`d just want to throttle them. Seriously.

An option to mute eating/drinking sounds alone would be good, although a way to alter the sound sample so we can put something in there ourselves that doesn`t make me want to throw my CRT monitor through the nearest wall.

Even the end of the sound sample in the clip above made me rage hehe

Really hope this is possible, as removing my headset just to eat food in any game is irritating. (luckily, I modded s.t.a.l.k.e.r. games <phew>)

:D

Thanks in advance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=SStQVIRMYXo#t=239

EDIT:

Yep, it`s as sickening as I thought.

Only seen streams & clips before, but bought it today & want to rip my ears off already ;)

Plllleeeeeeeeeeeeeease! as Roger Rabbit would say...

Edited by Fish Bait

YES! THIS!!! My biggest pet peeve is listening to people eating. The noise riips apart my soul every time I hear it. So to have to hear that in 7.1 surround sound through my headphones all the time makes me want to club baby seals!!!

• Like 1

I say cut and paste the heavy out of TF2's nom nom nom sound ;)

Then they should add farting as well, SO REALISTICC

Yes there should be a I need to pass gas prompt.

It could be something you really have to consider when sneaky.

Give a good hour and a bit after eating beans or you will get gas.

If you stand upright without moving you can attempt to pass the fart slowly and quietly.

I feel this feature will greatly add to the skill involved in sneaking and the awareness you have to have.

I agree.... I've been enjoying watching streams of this game and when people start to eat I just shut it off.  Biggest pet peeve in real life and you managed to copy it perfectly for the game.  Sounds ridiculous and stupid to most of you... but for me it's enough to stop watching/playing entirely :)

• Like 1

The current eating sound triggers my misophonia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Misophonia), it is just horrible and disgusting feeling. People who don't suffer from misophonia probably don't understand how awful a single sound can make you feel. Please be considerate and make the eating sound more subtle and less disgusting. Cheers.

• Like 1

Rocket has mentioned in both of his pre-release streams that they have barely touched sound in SA and that majority of it is just placeholders. 

• Like 1

Rocket has mentioned in both of his pre-release streams that they have barely touched sound in SA and that majority of it is just placeholders. 

Yeah, it figures. Still, I hope they can change the sounds soon. :)