We as a community need to come up with a new standard to difference between different map versions in there naming scheme.

As for full transparency, if u are gonna get backing from vilayer i.e your website is registered by them

Have the decently to be straight about it, especially considering the last debacle about it over panthera

While i normally commend the players having choices, i really don't like the idea of another vilayer supported map....

Due to outstanding bugs with the other maps & no-way to submit fixs / bug-reports

I believe there was gonna be a hubsite call dayzplanet, that was gonna allow for a central place for distrubting maps / bug-reporting.... ( i could be mistaked its been awhile, since it was last discussed).

---------------------

---------------------

I have only just downloaded your version of the map... so i haven't had a chance to go through the all the code differences from standard dayz yet(sorry am if i am in-correct)

Plz don't go the road of un-banning the likes of armoured hmmv with guns & cargo planes like in lingor / panthera2, but don't bother to unbanned (fix) streetlights.

Admins can always add them in as a mission fix afters + add in some code in regards to how they work...

As for realism argument, there are small mobile generators already modeled in arma2 & we got fuel cans

Lastly if u do add a vilayer into the loading image, plz make it more subtle. Focus should be on the map itself imo

Edited by Torndeco

We have a little problem with a server! it has migrated from dayzland to dayztaviana. But when we join the server it just say "wait for host" Anyobdy know the problem?

Sorry but having forced to go to the .com version by our provider because of bliss support i have to say the .com version is awfull.

The Bug of spawning swiming in land is back

There is a refuel option when in a vehicle that when used kicks you for script resciption 44

There is much more lag in citys

The new vehicles have just been dumped in, so there over powered with radars

Cant harvest Wood

And the worst of them all, we are back to the shity skins and humanity system. With the EU version there was over 20 new skins and a humanity system that rewarded you for killing bandits.

I understand all the issues with EU being not very open with releasing there server files, i was so against it i even leaked there server files so people could use them. But because .com are apparently going to be more open, we are left with a poor product compared to the other.

I waited a long time for taviana and now where being forced to use the .com version, i cant see myself supporting it, in .com's current buggy state

Edited by Audio Rejectz
  • Like 1

Sorry but having forced to go to the .com version by our provider because of bliss support i have to say the .com version is awfull.

There is a refuel option when in a vehicle that when used kicks you for script resciption 44

There is much more lag in citys

The new vehicles have just been dumped in, so there over powered with radars

Cant harvest Wood

And the worst of them all, we are back to the shity skins and humanity system. With the EU version there was over 20 new skins and a humanity system that rewarded you for killing bandits.

I understand all the issues with EU being not very open with releasing there server files, i was so against it i even leaked there server files so people could use them. But because .com are apparently going to be more open, we are left with a poor product compared to the other.

I waited a long time for taviana and now where being forced to use the .com version, i cant see myself supporting it, in .com's current buggy state

After using the .eu version for over a week and now just using the .com version I too agree that there are a lot of bugs in this version of the map. First off what is with spawning in and swimming on land =/

Also I was rather interested in the re-fuelling option but being kicked for doing it is how can I put this nicely.... Damn annoying.

Secondly why remove the mi7 chopper? And the fast RHIB2Turret boat is now gone also.

Is there any notion of getting these bugs fixed in the short term?

Pry

A few things people need to realize these did not host many servers at all prior to ST, they ran one. Also Dayztaviana.com is ran by Vilayer, meaning they dont care there are two versions out, because they did the same with Panthera.

And finally, this version will never have the features of EU, because they dont know what there doing

At the OP, take your ripped off shit version, and f*&k off.

Wow wow wow :o

Chill a bit. I really like the way this mod sounds, and I would expect a lot of bugs on the launch, especially if they rushed it.

I get that you are really angry, that dayz.st forced you to use the .com, I was too, but that is dayz.st's problem (and they fixed it).

If they manage to get this mod bugfixed, a coop with bliss and DZC are major advantages. Untill then, i will too run the EU, but geez man, chill :/

A few things people need to realize these did not host many servers at all prior to ST, they ran one. Also Dayztaviana.com is ran by Vilayer, meaning they dont care there are two versions out, because they did the same with Panthera.

And finally, this version will never have the features of EU, because they dont know what there doing

At the OP, take your ripped off shit version, and f*&k off.

Oh stop with the bs already. dayztaviana.com is not run by vilayer. You need to relax and stop spreading lies.

Having played both versions of the map I can say they both have their problems. The eu version has totally fucked up loot spawns with loot either not spawning at all or you get 20 alice backpacks spawning in the one supermarket.

And for everything in dayztaviana.com bar the skins which quite frankly I can do without can be easily fixed. If you bothered to even look at the script kicks for refulling you would have seen it was a simple edit to your scripts.txt to fix it.

We've been running the dayztaviana.com version since bliss supported it and have had no issues at all and found it to be much better than the eu version and will be sticking with it.

Good work OP.

Edited by trichome

Hello,

I have a few questions relating to this fantastic new map.

First and foremost - what is the difference and why are there two versions?

(I read this thread and I'm not up on the bs that seems to be going on with servers and files ... so what's the difference and which is the best version to play on?)

Why don't I spawn with a Makarov and one clip like I've read?

Why are the 34 new skins gone? I thought we'd get to experience them and have not had the chance (are they on the EU version?)

And why do none of the Taviana servers that I've played on warn players before they restart? Is this something missing from server files or just shitty server admins not setting a warning?

So whats the point of this, for the end user that is. I saw EU's map and all my friends were playing that. Why should we switch?

No one answered the above and I'm wondering the same thing. For there to be two versions of something doesn't one usually offer something that the other does not?

There is much more lag in cities
Cant harvest Wood

Are these things noted above being fixed and/or being put back in?

And for everything in dayztaviana.com bar the skins which quite frankly I can do without can be easily fixed. If you bothered to even look at the script kicks for refulling you would have seen it was a simple edit to your scripts.txt to fix it.

What is this fix and how to do I apply it to my scripts file?

Edited by Pixel Crisis

You have to wonder why there has been no 'official' reply to so many people asking WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE.

I looked for myself, and no wonder Dayzland.com aren't replying because their version is really lacking when compared to Dayzland.eu (and yet .com is thrashing .eu when it comes to the number of active servers !)

You can find out the features of Dayzland.com's version here http://development.dayztaviana.com/

You can find out there CHANGELOG (from 1.1.0 to 1.2.0 for Dayzland.EU here (it puts the above to SHAME !) http://www.dayzland.eu/releases-view/dayztaviana-1-2-0-changelog/

I love Taviana. I have been working up some awesome additions on my server and I have to say, it takes this map even further. Chernarus is boring once you see this map in full action.

Dude wheres the updated version for 1.7.5.1!!! please release it, thanks for the greatest DayZ Map there is :)