JimJam (DayZ)

Starving to death needs to be COMPLETELY overhauled.

Food bar says hungry, drink a pepsi and its green, fuck logic!

lol. When I 1st read the title, I though it was gonna be a post about being way too easy to survive and its stupidly long to die from starvation.

Then you read, and its quite the opposite lol. Since I started to play this game, I never had issue surviving because of food or water. The only map where its actually challenging is Namsk.

And stop with the I want to realism game argument, its so flawed in so many levels. You want ot survive for days without food but still want to run for 10 km without a sweat ? Fix broken leg with morphine ? Fly a chopper without any flying course ? If the game was as real as some of the "purist" want it to be, no one would be playing it because it wouldn't be fun at all.

What I'm asking for is more realistic hunger modelling, and use of food animals. I don't think that's unrealistic.

Realism is knowing you can't run for more than a few hundred meters at the speed your character runs at, fully geared without wearing yourself out.

Have fun walking for miles, and still getting worn out because you're carrying a tonne of gear.

Just to let all the critics know, since I starved to death as per my comments in the first post, I have had 5 new characters find plenty of food, not doing anything differently from what I was doing in the example I gave. Usually I have 4 spare cans of food available at all times, and lots of drink.

So I guess it was just a matter of extreme bad luck, I guess in the experience I had, all the dice were loaded against me, and I just kept rolling snake-eyes on my come out.

So here I am admitting my mistake. Jump all over me if ya want.

Last time I post in this thread.

P.S. Still think players should be able to butcher animals with an axe, eat it raw, (with perhaps a chance of illness) and they should be able to drink directly from a pond or well without needing a water bottle.

• Like 1

Brave of you to admit your mistake there, Jimjam. Luck's like that, unpredictable. :thumbsup: I've give you my beans but apparently, I've reached my limit for the day! :beans:

Good point about raw food and unclean water. I tend to agree with you.