Sign in to follow this  
dekartz

Beards

This is more an idea for stand-alone but after the first day and every day you survive afterwards (or it could be broken up into increments of five or ten) your survivor/bandit/goodguy grows a beard(even female models). As days pass the beard grows longer. A means of identifying a grizzled survivor would be the owls nesting in his beard (available after 100 days). It would also be one of the ways to differentiate your friend from the bandit who happens to be dressed exactly like him.

That said, I imagine that some people won't like walking around as bearded woodsmen of the apocalypse, for them shaving kits would be introduced into the spawn-tables, making it so they can disguise their days of survival behind the fresh clean-shaven face of noobery.

• Like 11

This is more an idea for stand-alone but after the first day and every day you survive afterwards (or it could be broken up into increments of five or ten) your survivor/bandit/goodguy grows a beard(even female models). As days pass the beard grows longer. A means of identifying a grizzled survivor would be the owls nesting in his beard (available after 100 days). It would also be one of the ways to differentiate your friend from the bandit who happens to be dressed exactly like him.

That said, I imagine that some people won't like walking around as bearded woodsmen of the apocalypse, for them shaving kits would be introduced into the spawn-tables, making it so they can disguise their days of survival behind the fresh clean-shaven face of noobery.

its an idea, bit complicated for now, they have so much to work on at the momment that a facial detail will be probably the last thing they care about.

There are already bearded facial models. And the "more customization" option has already been discussed. But yeah, this wouldn't be a priority addition (I wouldn't quit over it not being included or anything) just something that would be cool.

• Like 1

There are already bearded facial models. And the "more customization" option has already been discussed. But yeah, this wouldn't be a priority addition (I wouldn't quit over it not being included or anything) just something that would be cool.

but still, I dont want to look like a pedo ><

or an extrimist femanist.

• Like 2

Psh, you wouldn't look like a pedo. And again, there would be a means of shaving. But it makes sense that if you're out in the woods without a razor for a couple of months, you might have a beard.

Psh, you wouldn't look like a pedo. And again, there would be a means of shaving. But it makes sense that if you're out in the woods without a razor for a couple of months, you might have a beard.

just more shit to put in my backpack...

I want a big ass grizzly beard, there is none suitable in ArmA.. Like viking big, seriously.

I want to invent a new form of locomotion where I move around supported by only my beard. But I'll settle for progression of stubble to full beard

just more shit to put in my backpack...

Only if you want it.

I like the idea. To create a truly immersive experience, I think it is important to include things that wouldn't be entirely necessary to survive. It's ideas like this that can spawn wholly unique situations.

Beans to you, good sir. My beard and I salute you.

semi-necro

didnt want to make new thread, but the more i think about it... the more furious i become at the fact that my baby faced survivor just wont pop out some stubble! this stupid and seemingly unimportant stuff needs to be added in! its what forms the culture and society ingame. maybe big beards are respected and not KOS or are feared? who knows. players end up deciding with time, which is how it should be. beards booze and cigarettes all the way.

I want one! But only after SA has got its shit together. I can wait until all the important stuff is working. Then I hope Rocket and crew hit the aesthetics full-force!

Beards, Women, seasons, run down buildings. You name it!

I'm not sure which part of the hormonal imbalanced part of the world you come from but as a rule of genetics, women don't grow beards >.>

It's one of the gender defining features that we've grown to accept and breed with, barring a few exceptions (like women who have hormone imbalance issues) that women are generally lacking facial hair. We do grow under arm hair, arm hair and leg hair (pubic hair too but this isn't really the game for that kinda thing :P) but I haven't met any women so far that go weeks without shaving their face and have a beard of any kind. Some grow hair above their upper lip but it's pretty thin, less than even peach fuzz.

Though I do support the idea of general unkempt survivor looks and put forth the following idea: Let's get grubby!

Both men and women both should get dirt and muck and grime and so on and so forth on their faces and clothing alike as time goes by without any means of bathing, being unclean also raises your chance of contracting all sorts of nasty bacteria related diseases (which would work quite nicely with the new disease system coming out) so you would be at more risk for developing sickness the longer you went without bathing in a river, maybe even rubbing yourself down with a few wetnaps would help in between baths or something of the like. It would encourage players to maintain a distance from the people who look like they slept under a newspaper before the zombie apocalypse.

"It's true you don't see many dwarf women. And in fact, they are so alike in voice and appearance, that they're often mistaken for dwarf men... And this in turn has given rise to the belief that there are no dwarf women, and that dwarves just spring up out of holes in the ground!" - Gimli, Lord of the Rings

Edited by GotBeanZ

Well that's nice and all but this isn't Middle Earth and women aren't dwarves :P

The only beard I'm capable of growing is down below and that's just nasty so I don't do it xD

Well that's nice and all but this isn't Middle Earth and women aren't dwarves :P

The only beard I'm capable of growing is down below and that's just nasty so I don't do it xD

I'm going to start a pimp service within the Day Z world full of bearded women.. cause... lets face it people are weirdos.

• Like 1

I'm going to start a pimp service within the Day Z world full of bearded women.. cause... lets face it people are weirdos.

I think that's your new signature, sir

I figured the owls would've given it away but this was a largely tounge-in-cheek delivery of an actual suggestion.

That said. You don't know what sort of hormonal imbalance a zombie apocalypse might give rise to. Women might start sprouting beards and developing deep voices and demanding to be called "Chuck"

Please, dear god don't take THAT seriously too.

YES! I know we can give our guys a beard but I want a long one and one that I earned though right of passage!

Long manly beards in dayz can be a way of commanding respect.

This was suggested way back when but it is a great idea. I reckon shaving should be a hunting knife affair and leave you with some craggly stubble. No need for Gillette disposables with six blades and a lotion dispensor.

I think a system of easily identifying bambis from grizzled mountain-men survivors would be awesome - long-lifers should also be a bit leaner and gaunter given the ultramarathons people are running every day and the reduced caloric intake...

While these ideas seem a bit superficial at face value, I think they add quite a lot in terms of subtle gameplay (being able to judge another player rapidly in a natural way).

I figure it would help to better personalize characters especially in conjunction with custom clothes.

"Got killed in cherno by a bearded guy in a leather jacket" sounds a lot better than "Got killed in cherno by a bandit-skin"

This is for serious suggestions, fool. If you aren't serious about female models having beards, don't post it. If you are, you're a fucking retard and can delete your account now.

This is for serious suggestions, fool. If you aren't serious about female models having beards, don't post it. If you are, you're a fucking retard and can delete your account now.

Shouldn't female models have their "beards" in a different place???  :rolleyes:

Shouldn't female models have their "beards" in a different place???  :rolleyes:

Probably not, because if we get into that department then we raise the classification and have a whole lot less people under the age of 18 playing.

Although that might not be too terrible.

Sex is a cool motivator for p2p interaction but with full nudity available we would probably end up with people running around naked getting hypothermia and ruining the immersion, as well as a 70-30 gender ratio of primarily female Survivors. Boobs in irremovable bras are the answer here, not pubes.