Back to dayzgame.com
Photo

FRANKIEonPCin1080p - Accused of Cheating?

Hacking is very laim FrankieonPCin1080p

• Please log in to reply
1093 replies to this topic

#1 Reuter

Reuter

Survivor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:24 PM

Well, hello folks.

I guess the majority of the DayZ-Community is quite familar with Frankie due to the fact that he is most probably making the best DayZ videos by now. Unfortunatly the latest episode created some fuss regarding the legitimacy of his actions.

The questionable part is the firefight beginning at around 15:00 minutes which ultimately started the hackusations.

A whole squad missing one single person might be very possible, but the unusual debug monitor and the blinking temperature icon are kind of suspicious indeed. Especially the blinking icon is boggling my mind since it has the very same pattern as in the following video, where the protagonist ist activating godmode at the very begining.

Frankie's answer in the DayZ subreddit where this topic is highly debated:

http://www.abload.de.../2wqvcobuqc.png

His explanations regarding the blinking temperature icon and debug monitor are just flawed. No post-process filter is able to do that and by up-/down-/sidegrading the vanilla DayZ you won't affect the actual TavianaDayZ installation. Period!

My personal opinion regarding all this fuss? Well, I can hardly believe that someone is so stupid to present a video to a broad audience where you are obviously cheating. Especially since I think that Frankie is very legit and also a highly skilled player. But the recent hackusations really boggle my mind.

What's your opinion on this?

Edit: After watching this well made video by Univerbal

I think the case is pretty clear. It really saddens me that Frankie is cheating in his videos. But it seems like Youtube-money corrupts you after all.

Episode 21 Aftermath:

Frankie has advanced knowledge in scripting. My guess is that he just sort of emulates the activated godmode by scripting the flashing icon by himself. Just to trick people and dash away all hackusations.

This is the ONLY reason for the first minute being in the newest episode. By this he enables his defenders to say "Oh look, the buggy temperature icon flashes allthough he is losing blood!". This is what he wanted to achieve and now it is just consistent that he deleted his statement on reddit because he realised how incredibly dumb his explanation regarding the flashing temperature icon was (Hurr durr post-process filter).

I'm done with this thread, I've already made up my mind. It was never my goal to take down his Youtube-Channel or something stupid like that. But I expected a wholehearted apology from him, and a grown person would have delivered. Now I'm just awfully disappointed by Frankie but at the end of the day the Youtube-moneyz continues to flow. And unfortunatly this is what matters the most to Frankie, rather than showing some integrity one would expect from a person being 23 years old.

The whole thread in a nutshell:

Hey guys, I'm new to this Forum, but couldn't help but to try to make a compendium of all the pro and con arguments on this "Frankie is a Hacker" issue. I did it because I could not stand people ignoring more than 30 pages of discussion, bringing back the same arguments over and over again, some of which have already been addressed multiple times.
I may have made some mistakes or forgot some stuff, but I tried my best to be impartial and gather as much arguments as possible. Have fun!
PS: Tried to post the MS Word format here but it didn't work, therefore had to post as images. If you guys want I can post the links afterwards.

25pi87d.jpg
dpzlt3.jpg
2ntlr1v.jpg
23lcjs0.jpg
2v8rib6.jpg

Edit: Just saw that I forgot about the "spawn backpack" event that happens on his GunShop video (nº11), again when the temp icon is flashing, and full blood, hunger, thirst.
This would probably be:
Frankie - Never addressed this issue
Con - Hackers said that it happens when you spawn an item in your inventory, instead of a medical box.
Pro - Just another glitch on DayZ. (and lucky of him). Or some other hacker on the server spawned the backpack on his body.

New evidence is out as part of a very in depth investigation into events. A lot of people mainly hard working community supporters who run servers for everyone to play on for free were hurt because of this and the shit storm created. That is also not to mention good players left frustrated with the video rendering glitch lies and being called trolls and that is why I pick up on this Reddit in credit to catching an internet big fish and showing everyone its wrong to make money at the expense of others, it does not matter if it is a virtual representation yourself. Its still undermining what this game represents and publishing it. I'm sure people will flame me for this but after getting to know how directly this effected people its worth going down this way I am about fair play. Hope in some way it puts some people off from taking advantage.

Permalink Reddit here: http://www.reddit.co...od_ep25/c7t4bjc

Quote from the Reddit here:

DNightmareTeam CTC 3 points 20 hours
ago *

Something like this? https://dl.dropbox.c...985/frankie.rar Although never finished / released to public before wink.png
€dit: Also found and old screencap from the whole WIP/Timeline recreation:https://dl.dropbox.c...85/timeline.jpg
btw. I (DNightmare) post this and it's in no way related to dayzland.eu whatsoever. It was never posted before and the whole thing was pulled. But as I was the one writing it and I'm tired of all the stuff collecting dust on my harddrive now, I just said: Well, screw it! Here is the (unfinished) stuff that was gathered. Everyone feel free to make their own opinion out of it now and then move on!

Hackers leave a paper trail a mile long. Keep the fight up admins! You protect this games reputation and keep us enjoying it.

• Dallas, gibonez, ArrThePirate and 25 others gave their beans

#2 MarksmanKing

MarksmanKing

Woodland Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:30 PM

He isn't in godmode, I've noticed when shooting hackers they will still spray blood from the initial shot, I checked the entire firefight, he never got hit.
  • mucke8, SpartanxApathy, theozzyoscar333 and 9 others gave their beans

#3 Reuter

Reuter

Survivor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:36 PM

Well, in the video that I'm unfortunatly not allowed to post here, there is also a sequence where the hacker gets shot. There is no white flashing of the screen or the well-known sound of getting hit. Just a very small spurt of blood, which you wouldn't see under normal circumstances (camera from behind).

Still, I'm not convinced that he is hacking. But without trying to create some kind of drama: The debug monitor and flashing icon are still quite suspicious.

€: I'm reuploading the said video so it doesn't contain any form of download link.

Edited by Reuter, 26 November 2012 - 04:36 PM.

#4 maxamillion12345

maxamillion12345

Survivor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 04:48 PM

If you mean the red flashing icon above temperature then that is the new combat icon, it will flash when bullets are fired nearby so it makes sense that it will be flashing during a firefight.

Also with the amount of different changes private hive owners are making to their servers I would not be surprised if one of them has created a debug monitor after it was removed in the patch, I know a lot of people liked seeing the actual blood level.
And the blank line on the debug is where he has covered his name.

Edited by maxamillion12345, 26 November 2012 - 04:51 PM.

• Tr1x, Skat3rat, camycamera and 1 other gave their beans

#5 Reuter

Reuter

Survivor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:08 PM

Nono. I'm not talking about the new Combat-Gauge. The temperature is blinking, watch closely from 15:00, you'll notice it. Also I'm not talking about the name being blurred out. The whole debug monitor itself is different than the standard one you'll get on DayZTaviana.

Also added a new video in the first post, which shows the blinking after enabling godmode. Unfortunatly It flashes in very similar pattern as seen in the latest Episode from Frankie.
  • Shrapnell gave their beans

#6 maxamillion12345

maxamillion12345

Survivor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:16 PM

Oh ok I see now, yes they do look similar so I am not sure, but the debug monitor looks the same to me.

#7 Sutinen

Sutinen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2128 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:18 PM

Explain why his food is blinking red and he didn't starve?

http://steamcommunit...561198118454381                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               ↑ Click it

hKDlhRJ.jpg 

#8 Axxassin

Axxassin

Survivor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts
  • LocationEstonia

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:19 PM

title should be FRANKIEonPCin1080p - a legend
Never lie to someone who trusts you. Never trust someone who lies to you

#9 Vapordad

Vapordad

Survivor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • LocationChase BC

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:34 PM

Posted Image

Frankie Rocks! and if you haven't been called a hacker before... well you must just suck...
  • Ayser, Tr1x, mucke8 and 24 others gave their beans

#10 Reuter

Reuter

Survivor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:48 PM

Oh ok I see now, yes they do look similar so I am not sure, but the debug monitor looks the same to me.

This is the standard debug monitor you'll get when playing Taviana:

Posted Image

And this the one Frankie had in the recent episode:

Posted Image

According to the people who actually ported DayZ to Taciana it should be impossible to change the debug monitor. It could be still a bug but I'm really not in the position to judge that. My knowledge to scripting in Arma II is very limited.

title should be FRANKIEonPCin1080p - a legend

And I still think he is! "Innocent until proven guilty"
But still, from an neutral standpoint it is at least suspicious, isn't it?

Explain why his food is blinking red and he didn't starve?

Well, it takes actually at least half an hour before you're losing blood due to starving.

[...]

Frankie Rocks! and if you haven't been called a hacker before... well you must just suck...

Oh look, Mr. "6 days on the forum" is trying to talk smack. What the hell is wrong with comments like this?

Allthough I admire Frankie and while I'm still enjoying his videos I actually DO care whether his awesomeness is legit or not. It has something to do with integrity. Seems you never heard of it.

Frankie actually replied in the reddit Thread:
http://www.reddit.co...ore_you/c76nhhr

At least his explanation regarding the flashing icon is hardly believable. I'm kind of familar with Sony Vegas and none of the Post-Processing filters is able to create such a blinking pattern. Still, this isn't a final evidence which proves Frankie being a hacker.

Edited by Reuter, 26 November 2012 - 05:54 PM.

• Nuubio, AussieStig, FlamingDefibs and 5 others gave their beans

#11 Vapordad

Vapordad

Survivor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • LocationChase BC

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:19 PM

Wow 6 DAYZ!

#12 James Ashwood

James Ashwood

Bean King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 900 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:37 PM

Who the fuck is that and why would anyone care whether he hacked or not?
  • Slyguy65, bad_mojo, Jony_RocketInMyPocket and 6 others gave their beans
The interwebs. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.

#13 iScoTTiiAm

iScoTTiiAm

Scavenger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:41 PM

I personally dont believe these claims, Frankie is a highly skilled player, supported DayZ from the starts, made it become what it is today; not all by himself however, he did have a big impact in my eyes. His videos are entertaining and whoever made these claims in my eyes are just jealous! Do you really think he would hack? No of course not, he isnt a 'kid' he is a skilled player. Jealousy is what these allegations are.
  • camycamera, codmik, Brad77 and 2 others gave their beans

#14 BwobBwub

BwobBwub

Pretty Princess

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1559 posts
  • LocationCoventry, Concrete Jungle

Posted 26 November 2012 - 06:42 PM

Even though it might look like it, he has been killed many times playing though. I doubt Frankie is a hacker, he is just too pro for some people ;)
  • mucke8, Bribase, The Aquatic Land Walrus and 6 others gave their beans

Check out Game Hunters, yo
http://www.gamehunte...ndex.php?/index

b_350_20_323957_202743_F19A15_111111.png

#15 Sutinen

Sutinen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2128 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 07:16 PM

Well, it takes actually at least half an hour before you're losing blood due to starving.

Well, I learn something new all the time. I'll have to test it myself to be sure.

http://steamcommunit...561198118454381                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               ↑ Click it

hKDlhRJ.jpg 

#16 MarksmanKing

MarksmanKing

Woodland Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 08:00 PM

Honestly I doubt he's a hacker, he goes for weapon hunts in his videos, he has been killed before. I mean, yes the temp bar looks suspicious, but there is just no way.
  • Sparkie3222 gave their beans

#17 TheSalamander

TheSalamander

Survivor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:05 PM

He explained this all on Reddit, every last detail.

http://www.reddit.co...6uxkk?context=3

Suffice to say, the allegations are horseshit.

/thread
  • Y M and Sparkie3222 gave their beans

#18 tagemandbagem

tagemandbagem

Survivor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:14 PM

Over 250,000 views in a few days for a DayZ mod video at this point ...is impressive.

Edited by tagemandbagem, 26 November 2012 - 09:30 PM.

Posted Image

#19 BSB Jimmy

BSB Jimmy

Dew Drinker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:16 PM

why cant i see the videos?

#20 BSB Jimmy

BSB Jimmy

Dew Drinker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 862 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:25 PM

frankie is a skilled player, it was not hard for him to kill 7 noob players
  • codmik, Feral, Sparkie3222 and 1 other gave their beans

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Hacking, is, very, laim, FrankieonPCin1080p