boneboys

DayZ PS4 Discussion

It makes me laugh when PC folks claim you can't aim accurately with a game pad controller. Seriously, lolz. YOU can't do it because YOU use only a keyboard and mouse setup. IF you have ever tried you probably sucked at it and vowed to never try again!

Its just like any peripheral kids, the more you use it, the more you train, the better you can get with it.

Some folks can use both, some are born with a controller in their hand, others a mouse. It's all preference. Anything else is just subjective semantics. Stop quoting mouse sensitivity stats also. Just because the mouse is capable doesn't mean you are.

Zoinks.

They have done experimental testing mixing cross-platform multi-player with various games and every time the pc clients embarrass console clients. The mouse is quicker and more precise, it's a silly argument to say a controller(in their current form) can compete.

• Like 1

If you put a PC gamer (keyboard and mouse) up against a console player (controller), the PC player will pretty much always win. The mouse is simply more accurate, more responsive, and you can turn around and make other movements much faster

I'm not a PC elitist by any means, it's just easy to tell how much more accurate mouse and keyboard is compared to controllers when you've played on both consoles and PCs a lot

If you put a PC gamer (keyboard and mouse) up against a console player (controller), the PC player will pretty much always win. The mouse is simply more accurate, more responsive, and you can turn around and make other movements much faster

I'm not a PC elitist by any means, it's just easy to tell how much more accurate mouse and keyboard is compared to controllers when you've played on both consoles and PCs a lot

Sing it dealer, I spent the evening playing "the last of us" on my ps4. I don't think anyone can reasonably argue that the mouse (not so much the keyboard) is simply a more effective tool for aiming.

thats why i said many times make it on the arma 3 engine or just tweak the older mod.

If DayZ was to run on Arma 3 engine, the alpha probably wouldn't be out at this point. Development of DayZ started before the Arma 3 engine was done.

Also you make so many wild (and wrong) assumptions I figure you must be a troll.

Dean is making it sound as if certain, pre-announced features are the making solely of cross-platform support only recently announced. IN fact, now that I remember, it seems to me as if the 64 bit servers were what was letting the respawning and permanence of loot.

It is possible that when the 64bit servers were announced they were already being developed by the console team and we were just not ready to announce the PS4 version.

I kinda hope it doesn't go on Xbox or at least Xbox gets a version tailored for them rather than the PS4 version ported to it

Dean even said in the announcement that each version will be developed "to each platform's strenghts".

• Like 1

They have done experimental testing mixing cross-platform multi-player with various games and every time the pc clients embarrass console clients. The mouse is quicker and more precise, it's a silly argument to say a controller(in their current form) can compete.

Site your references because cross platform MP FPS games do not exist.  In fact the console version(s) of DayZ Standalone will unlikely be cross-platform.  The versions and their respective communities will be quite separate.  

Shenanigans.  

Edited by Cannon76

In that case.. they can have Sony founding the development of DayZ, and refund the millions of cash that people have already giving them to develop the game for PC's. This is the type of crap that is giving Indie companies a bad reputation. 

Dude what? This is rubbish.  You would have had to pay for the game anyway, irrespective of what console you wanted to play it on...

You probably even paid a cheaper price for it than were it a gold release title.

Funding a console game my ass you bought a pre release alpha.

Depends on the person really, I think most PC elitists are the kind of people who'll probably sit and play their FPS 15 hours a day where that console person maybe 3.

Console gaming is more drop in and play.

PC gaming is more get obsessed and play constantly, so it's personal skill/experience not the items you are using.

Personally I find aiming with a mouse crap, to turn round quick you have to either slide the mouse over the mat pick it up and do it again or have your sensitivity really high.

I prefer the instant mobility of a controllers analogs.

Dean even said in the announcement that each version will be developed "to each platform's strenghts".

But couldn't that mean they make DayZ console version and then add some upgrades for Kinect/Touchpad separately?

I sure hope not anyway the PS4 has a whole extra gig of RAM over the X1 which could make for a big difference.

Imagine they tried to make a Wii-U version...

If you see a PC shooter level of skills compared to a Console shooter is actually shocking. Consoles are like watching an old men trying to play professional football...and PC's are like super athletes in steroids. The mouse is just "superior" when it comes to aiming.

if that is true why do i win so many shootouts?  not only on here i also do extremely well on Counter Strike with a controller.

Personally I find aiming with a mouse crap, to turn round quick you have to either slide the mouse over the mat pick it up and do it again or have your sensitivity really high.

I prefer the instant mobility of a controllers analogs.

Or you could always buy a bigger mouse mat like a normal person... :P

• Like 3

If DayZ was to run on Arma 3 engine, the alpha probably wouldn't be out at this point. Development of DayZ started before the Arma 3 engine was done.

Also you make so many wild (and wrong) assumptions I figure you must be a troll.

It is possible that when the 64bit servers were announced they were already being developed by the console team and we were just not ready to announce the PS4 version.

im a troll because alot of what i said is true ?

the devs have achieved nothing by going standalone ! tell me what has the SA achieved that the mod hasnt apart from millions in extra revenue for a worse than a free mod ?

you were doing arma 3 when you started Dayz SA you could of gone with it. you could of just kept developing the mod and with the time you have wasted on the SA look where the mod would of been now !

thats my point.

the simple reason that BI/Rocket made this standalone is CA$H ! that is all. dont deny it you only need to see the sales to see that is the reason. so dont call me a troll because its there in black and white.

the sa hasnt progressed in many ways infact its behind a free mod based on a older engine but too many players works better.

people are doing what sa does for free on arma 3 engine and have more features content for free ! on arma 3 engine. yet this project has multimillion pounds behind it and professionals biggish dev team and is behind current games of similar types in your own engines !!!!!! how embarrassing is that people are doing for free on your own engine better than all the resources you have.

Deans got his money his future set probably not really much in the project anymore more BI controlled and tbh it just hasnt progressed,

i am a loyal Dayz player. i played many thousands of hrs. im just speaking bluntly dont try and label me a troll when many thousands feel exactly the same on what has happened with SA.

just look at dayz mod then look at SA.

tell me which would most people rather play ? look at content look at features . graphics arent much better in SA . then look at the time the people behind working on it is it 40 plus Dev team and the millions behind it and tell me honestly can you see the money and man power difference in SA ? NO , thats the point !

thats why i said you should of carried on with the mod not try and start again to justify sales or cash in on the product. i understand why BI did it and rocket anyone with a hot product saleable would sell it but the process has been poorly handled and no real progress has been shown.

still same fps issues poor performance which is down yet again to the poor engines .

deny it all you want its there straight in your face label me troll label me whatever people all know out of the two the mod is the better as of now.

Edited by dgeesio

All of what you're saying are your (uninformed) opinions, to which you are entirely entitled. That doesn't make any of it facts I'm afraid  ;)

• Like 7

the devs have achieved nothing by going standalone ! tell me what has the SA achieved that the mod hasnt apart from millions in extra revenue for a worse than a free mod ?

you were doing arma 3 when you started Dayz SA you could of gone with it. you could of just kept developing the mod and with the time you have wasted on the SA look where the mod would of been now !

thats my point.

the simple reason that BI/Rocket made this standalone is CA$H ! that is all. dont deny it you only need to see the sales to see that is the reason. so dont call me a troll because its there in black and white.

the sa hasnt progressed in many ways infact its behind a free mod based on a older engine but too many players works better.

people are doing what sa does for free on arma 3 engine and have more features content for free ! on arma 3 engine. yet this project has multimillion pounds behind it and professionals biggish dev team and is behind current games of similar types in your own engines !!!!!! how embarrassing is that people are doing for free on your own engine better than all the resources you have.

Deans got his money his future set probably not really much in the project anymore more BI controlled and tbh it just hasnt progressed,

i am a loyal Dayz player. i played many thousands of hrs. im just speaking bluntly dont try and label me a troll when many thousands feel exactly the same on what has happened with SA.

tell me which would most people rather play ? look at content look at features . graphics arent much better in SA . then look at the time the people behind working on it is it 40 plus Dev team and the millions behind it and tell me honestly can you see the money and man power difference in SA ? NO , thats the point !

thats why i said you should of carried on with the mod not try and start again to justify sales or cash in on the product. i understand why BI did it and rocket anyone with a hot product saleable would sell it but the process has been poorly handled and no real progress has been shown.

still same fps issues poor performance which is down yet again to the poor engines .

deny it all you want its there straight in your face label me troll label me whatever people all know out of the two the mod is the better as of now.

SA has achieved already things over the mod and there are more to come. Zombie movement is much better for example, items degrade, cooking is way more immersive etc. These things have some bugs but they're on a better foundation.

The mod would've been still a mod. That would've been a final hit on the coffin for Arma 3 for sure when the server list had been cluttered with DayZ mods. It's already cluttered with so many Wasteland and Life servers that the soul of the Arma multiplayer is ruined.

Of course they made it for the money but that's not all. DayZ's engine will probably be pretty big thing for Bohemia because DayZ isn't the only game they can do with the Enfusion engine. They're making it also to experiment and progress. Things aren't as black and white as you say.

Well DayZ is still in alpha in the engine that is FAR from finished if you compare to RV4 for example. But future sounds very good for Enfusion because DX11 (RV4 is DX10), 64bit servers and probably client, things are less scripted compared to the mod... It's still different becauuse RV is very modular and the AI is one of a kind but that's not what DayZ really needs. If you think it needs then you play Arma and not DayZ.

Performance issues seems to be very same I agree but now that the PS4 version got announced I've really high hopes that it will be improved this time.

If you like the mod better then play it. It's good and at this point can be better but DayZ is catching it. The foundation needs to be good before they can make the gameplay to be better.

• Like 1

Well, Arma 3 is a finished Game since one year now, DayZ still feels like a Pre-Alpha. Just sayin.

Well, Arma 3 is a finished Game since one year now, DayZ still feels like a Pre-Alpha. Just sayin.

The Arma 3 alpha was also released about a year before the DayZ alpha in case you hadn't noticed.

• Like 1

And your point is what exactly? I seem to be missing it..  ^_^

And your point is what exactly? I seem to be missing it..  ^_^

No offense, exactly what I expected. BI guy doesn't get it. 

I just find it funny that you call someone a troll for sharing his concerns on PS4 announcement.

I personally find it pretty "EA-ish" to call-out a console Version of a Game that wont be finished in the near future. Hell, nobody knows if it will ever be finished... I have my concerns. Your statement on comparing Arma 3s development speed and DayZs underlined these.

You're becoming less trustworthy with this marketing-strategy...

Edited by crazzekiff

I just find it funny that you call someone a troll for sharing his concerns on PS4 announcement.

I personally find it pretty "EA-ish" to call-out a console Version of a Game that wont be finished in the near future. Hell, nobody knows if it will ever be finished... I have my concerns. Your statement on comparing Arma 3s development speed and DayZs underlined these.

What? Why don't you, instead of resorting to completely unnecessary insults, explain what you're saying? You seem to have completely missed the point of my post as I was not hinting at the development speed of anything.

EDIT: What I was saying is that when the development of DayZ started, the Arma 3 engine wasn't done. You can't exactly build games on an engine, when the game the engine is being built for is not even finished.

Site your references because cross platform MP FPS games do not exist.  In fact the console version(s) of DayZ Standalone will unlikely be cross-platform.  The versions and their respective communities will be quite separate.  

Shenanigans.  

lol

the devs have achieved nothing by going standalone (false, even i dont agree with what they have done but this is false)! tell me what has the SA achieved that the mod hasnt apart from millions in extra revenue for a worse than a free mod​(Updated visuals, character models, enter-able buildings, moving key functions serverside, degradable items, etc etc)  ?

you were doing arma 3 when you started Dayz SA you could of gone with it (True but the release timing would have been much different). you could of just kept developing the mod(different teams m8, virtually ZERO resources were put into the SA that could have gone into the mod) and with the time you have wasted on the SA look where the mod would of been now The mod would still be bound by the lim itations of the code.!

thats my point.

the simple reason that BI/Rocket made this standalone is CA$H Jesus of course, who does this shit for free?! that is all. dont deny it you only need to see the sales to see that is the reason. so dont call me a troll because its there in black and white.

the sa hasnt progressed in many ways Agreed infact its behind a free mod based on a older engine but too many players works better.

people are doing what sa does for free on arma 3 This is a half truth BP is great fun and a more complete experience however its scope is much more narrow engine and have more features content for free ! on arma 3 engine. yet this project has multimillion pounds behind it and professionals biggish dev team and is behind current games of similar types in your own engines !!!!!! how embarrassing is that people are doing for free on your own engine better than all the resources you have.

tell me which would most people rather play ? The Mod look at content look at features . graphics arent much better in SA . then look at the time the people behind working on it is it 40 plus Dev team and the millions behind it and tell me honestly can you see the money and man power difference in SA ? NO , thats the point !

deny it all you want its there straight in your face label me troll label me whatever people all know out of the two the mod is the better as of now. Truth.

Wow you are mad, I fixed a couple things for you. But the real enemy to this project is stagnation. Not a PS4 port. If anything the prospect of additional revenue streams will foster continued development. I personally am taking this as hope (that i did not have before) that the project will get finished or at least polished. 

Edited by Bakermensch
  • Like 1

All of what you're saying are your (uninformed) opinions, to which you are entirely entitled. That doesn't make any of it facts I'm afraid  ;)

We'll to be fair there is the odd fact in there.  :P

Dude, I appreciate you contributing to this discussion, I hope you brought a helemt. People are always complaining that BIS is too quiet, then a guy like you shows up and we get :

You're becoming less trustworthy with this marketing-strategy...

whatever you put its going to be untrue or must be a troll bevause we disagree that the development of SA has not gone well or progressed as many wanted.

the ps4 version will have to be toned down watered version. most know this.

thing is with how the pc version is slowly progressing this will surely slow down the pc production. waits for above to jump in saying its false but wait......

if you using a different team for that thats resources you could of used on the version which paid for ps4 version to be popular to be finished first. so yes it is going to effect the pc version.

St. Jimmy  " Zombie movement is much better for example, items degrade, cooking is way more immersive etc. These things have some bugs but they're on a better foundation. "

is that worth the 60 million ? they been at it a year ! look at where we at vehicles arnt close barricading isnt. they got 40 plus man team cant make barricading and vehicles in that space of time . i know how the process works blah blah we need to get this right that right before implementing this and that . all excuses for slow working and poor handling of the project.

i guarentee you this quote me on it this game wont be done for probably a year yet. mean while the free mods on BI own arma engines that are free will surpass it. its already happening. atleast the ps4 guys will probably get a decent game that works well.

if you using a different team for that thats resources you could of used on the version which paid for ps4 version to be popular to be finished first. so yes it is going to effect the pc version.

Or they could just be investing what would of been their profit.

I asked a buddy who plays PS4 if he's excited for DayZ and he went, "What's that?".

Of course they made it for the money but that's not all. DayZ's engine will probably be pretty big thing for Bohemia because DayZ isn't the only game they can do with the Enfusion engine. They're making it also to experiment and progress. Things aren't as black and white as you say.

Very true! BI is investing in is a new engine, something that will provide opportunities for them well into the future - why would they want to jeopardize this? They have a strong community in the PC world, why would they want to jeopardize this? To me it's evident they wouldn't (Not to say they couldn't stuff things up with the best intentions...) and personally I can clearly see that original vision of Dayz slowly emerging from the Alpha.

DON'T PANIC! 

2evdfrq.gif