irleaf

Too Late to Start?

Hello There Survivors!

I just bought this game yesterday and played for about 10 seconds (Panic due to zombie encounter). I was wondering if it was indeed worth buying ARMA 2: Combined Operations for DayZ seeing as how ARMA 3 was announced (even though it has nothing to do with DayZ anymore) and DayZ standalone was announced as well.

Is it too late for me to start enjoying this game?

Thank You

• Like 1

Can I still learn the tricks and general things about the game in time?

And when you said pretty much, was that in response to me being too late or the purchase being worth it?

Edited by irleaf

Im confused. You say you bought the game and then escaped due to zombies. And then you ask if its worth buying Arma 2: CO for DayZ. What game did you buy if you didnt buy DayZ?

Edited by V2_Danny
  • Like 2

As you've already splashed the cash, then no its not to late. Jump in and enjoy the fear, the first week or so is by far the best feeling any game will ever give you imo. Also, if your playing DayZ, don't you already have CO?

We run a 24hr daylight server you might like to play on, when it's dark its scary dark in DayZ. :)

no, you can learn a lot and start with an edge in the standalone, remember to play the tutorial of arma2 to get used to the weird mechanics and controls this game has. i suggest you to find someone who wants to play with you because it's more enjoiable if you have company and you won't panic as fast as solo. use some attempt to aknowledge the infected behavior and bugs and the environment (bugs, types of buildings and loot you can find inside them) pass some time in the big towns to learn to shoot people and then you'll be ready! remember that a lot of people are traitors and bastards but you can always find someone ready to play with you, learn to meet people without getting shot, a lot of them kill you if you don't pay enough attention, but could joion you if they understand you can handle it.

It´s never too late , MOD will still be in development after the Standalone realease and Arma 2 itself its worth Playing too.

May you take a look at following thread --> http://dayzmod.com/f...elpful-threads/

If you still got Questions or something may just PM me.

One tip try not to use Maps and something outside of the game it will take the fun, exploring and survial Charakter a bit away.

Dayz ist mostly learning by doing , your expirience will form itself by what happens to you its very idividual.

Edited by Paddy0610

Im confused. You say you bought the game and then escaped due to zombies. And then you ask if its worth buying Arma 2: CO for DayZ. What game did you buy if you didnt buy DayZ?

Isn't DayZ only playable if you have ARMA:CO? I'm sorry if I caused confusion, I meant to say that I bought CO to play both ARMA and DayZ

And there is a tutorial in ARMA 2 I can play?

Edited by irleaf

It's NEVER too late to enjoy games.

Hell, I went back and started playing Desperados not too long ago. And I very much enjoy it, still.

ARMA 2 has a crapload of mods for it, so you won't lack content anytime soon. The DayZ mod will have players even far after the standalone release, since the community will take over, like it kinda has already. (With several new maps made playable.)

ARMA 3 won't have any mods right away, so ARMA 2 will still be a better option for a short while.

And yes, you can very much learn the Chernarus map(The map for DayZ standalone will be Charnarus Plus, a modified version of the current map.), and learn the basic mechanics.

What game did you buy if you didnt buy DayZ?

ARMA 2: Combined Operations?

Edited by Dancing.Russian.Man
  • Like 1

Hop on private hives and get used to the controls, the map, just all in all get used to it. Think of it this way: It´s better to train in the mod then be decent at release, rather than giving up on the mod and sucking at release.

No, of course it isn't too late! Welcome to the Dayz forums, Ireleaf. :thumbsup:

You have the free mod, Dayz and you have Arma2 and both of those will provide you with endless hours of fun, fear, challenges, frustrations and laughs! :beans:

Read the sticky threads for information and advice, and ask if you have any questions. There are some really friendly and helpful members who will answer your queries. :)

Oh and I suggest you download Dayzcommander as it will make finding servers to play on quick and easy.

Arma2 has tutorials and I still play them. They're great. Plus there are scenarios too, which I really enjoy as you fight against the computer in realistic scenarios.

Edited by Sula
  • Like 1

Yeah bud, as others have said, it's never to late to check it out. The zombies scare the crap out of me too, but you'll get used t it.

Come hangout on our server (just came online 2 days ago). We feature a small tight community who likes to play and enjoy games without all the drama.

Get dayzcommander and search for us! ClimacticGaming

See ya there!

Do Not go out and Buy Arma 2 and OA just for DayZ at this point its stupid and youll never give Arma a fair shot. Furthermore how have you just bought this game and still wondering if you should buy Arma CO?

Acix, I disagree. Arma CO is probably around $20 to $30, US. I'd spend that in a pub or bar on a Friday night without thinking about it. If the OP can afford it, I'd say that there's certainly time to accumulate $30 of terror and adrenaline between now and standalone.

There isn't a single other game (mod) that I can say that about, and I've been gaming on PC (and precursors, back to Sinclair ZX80) for 30 years.

Just my opinion,

AC

• Like 1

Do Not go out and Buy Arma 2 and OA just for DayZ at this point its stupid and youll never give Arma a fair shot. Furthermore how have you just bought this game and still wondering if you should buy Arma CO?

While I agree I really missed prime time on this game, I'll make sure to get ARMA III. And although I might not get the full experience of DayZ, the limited amount of time I do have left will let me prepare for the standalone

Purchased ARMA 2 CO last night just to play DayZ to get my aged brain around the interface before the standalone comes out.

Have only played for 30 minutes so far, but trying to avoid zombies in the dark after managing to lose my flashlight (didn't read the inventory guide first..) was very nerve wracking.

For the price same as buying a round of drinks in London, I just know I'm going to get many hours of entertainment out of this game.

• Like 1

While I agree I really missed prime time on this game, I'll make sure to get ARMA III. And although I might not get the full experience of DayZ, the limited amount of time I do have left will let me prepare for the standalone

You haven't missed the prime time.

THIS IS THE PRIME TIME

Enjoy ArmA2 and DayZ NAO

What makes this "prime time"? What about the standalone makes it too late to start? I are confuse.

Because a lot of people still play the mod and will continue to when the standalone comes out. Hell, I'll be playing both xD.

All ArmA games and DLCs are on sale at the moment. May as well buy ArmA: 2 CO its only $17.99.

Hello There Survivors!

I just bought this game yesterday and played for about 10 seconds (Panic due to zombie encounter). I was wondering if it was indeed worth buying ARMA 2: Combined Operations for DayZ seeing as how ARMA 3 was announced (even though it has nothing to do with DayZ anymore) and DayZ standalone was announced as well.

Is it too late for me to start enjoying this game?

Thank You

yes its to late, stop playing nao

Edited by svisketyggeren

I've been reading these forums for days and I'm losing my head waiting for the standalone. I'm about to buy Arma2 myself just to play. I wish there was more info on this DayZ. It looks like Call Of Pripyat with zombies, which is all I ever wanted out life. I can't decide if it's too late to get Arma2 just for the mod either. After I typed that I thought Call Of Pripyat has zombies already but you know what I mean.

Edited by RelativeBlue

I've been reading these forums for days and I'm losing my head waiting for the standalone. I'm about to buy Arma2 myself just to play. I wish there was more info on this DayZ. It looks like Call Of Pripyat with zombies, which is all I ever wanted out life. I can't decide if it's too late to get Arma2 just for the mod either. After I typed that I thought Call Of Pripyat has zombies already but you know what I mean.

Just buy ArmA: 2 CO... Like I said earlier... Its cheap right now. Apart from that its actually a really good game.

Just make sure you have money left over to buy DayZ standalone when it comes out.

Edited by michaelsd