shanewalsh

The Cure!

Shut up and take my beans!

Anytime my man, anytime.

Alright I guess it could be added but I much rather have a option not to find the cure or I just irgone the the cure. Sorry for sounding like shooting down ur option :( its just I like how dayz is now. (nothing wrong with ur idea) I just like that every goal I make is mine and not the game telling where to go and who to shoot. Sorry and again just my 2 cents.

Edited by Mastabuds

The Cure is already in the game. Actually there's a few...

- Bullet

- Axe

- Crossbow bolt

- Vehicles

• Like 1

The Cure is already in the game. Actually there's a few...

- Bullet

- Axe

- Crossbow bolt

- Vehicles

forgot the ultimate cure: Satchel Charge

• Like 2

As far as story goes I have to agree that this isn't the greatest idea.

However I have yet to see a zombie game that incorporates the whole virus idea properly. Your character is just... somehow magically immune. The only game I've seen do this decently was Resident Evil outbreak but that game(s) was/were crap.

It'd be nice to see a zombie game that you had to take antibiotics or a rather difficult to find MacGuffin in order to stop the zombie inflicted wound from turning you in to a zombie as well.

There are many poeple that are carriers for viruses that don't actually affect them .

Lots of people are HIV+ but don't get AIDS .

Not all viruses affect the people that carry them .

Yes that's true. I was referring to the fact that you can play Minecraft on a single-player localhost (campaign was the wrong term), and that you can "beat" the game at The End. I think it would be nice to have something similar in DayZ, although it certainly is not a deal-breaker for me if they don't add it.

Minus 'The End' I think it would be a good idea.

• Like 1

Finding the cure could be the ultimate goal. A mission that takes days to complete, having to find clues, investigate abandoned places, read civil medical or military logs, etc. All this would lead you to the research center where the cure can be developed, or where it's already being developed. And then the great ending: the research center starts broadcasting what they are about to achieve, and that all survivors should get in there quickly. All the zombies get attracted to that place too, and then an epic siege begins. If you hold on until the cure development is finished, you win and the mission or server is reset.

Then in the website there would be statistics about this, like in http://dayzmod.com/

- Total times you found the cure

- Max/Min/Average time it took

- Max/Min/Average Zombies killed

- Max/Min/Average Bandits killed

- Max/Min/Average Humans killed (substracts points)

- Max/Min/Average Humans saved (adds points) (this is the number of humans who managed to get into the research center)

- Total score based on these stats

Then lots of things could be done based on the score, like being able to spawn with cooler skins or clothes (can be stolen, but only for that match. And they don't give any benefits, other than giving you cool looks), but I'll leave that for another thread.

Also, we might even never be able to find the cure, if bandits do their job. So it's still up to the players.

Its a good idea but that is not the point of DayZ. The point of DayZ is to survive a post apocalyptic world with no cure and no way out.

Minus 'The End' I think it would be a good idea.

Yeah guess it needs to stay open-ended forever, that's the whole point of the game. So definitely not an "end," but I could see there being some kind of SP quest with a low-level reward such as immunity from critical zombie hits, special items or the like. And if underground base-building instances are added some day, it would open up a whole new world of PvE and sandbox building fun, even when you're playing solo. Of course, all of this is conjecture for the more distant future ;)

But a single-player world would also be the ideal place for DayZ newcomers to familiarize themselves with the game mechanics before entering the online fray.

Hello there

I think a limited version of "the Cure!" could be brought in game without affecting the overall experience.

If a "limited" cure/zed deterrent could be found to clear areas of Zeds for a limited time to allow safe looting etc then that could quite happily exist as a "side event" as is tromping up to NAF to get gear.

Rgds

LoK

i thought of something like that. like a "anti-zombie" missile that make all the zombies die/pass out where you aim it. the missile is bright and loud so you kinda gives off both the location of your launching station and your target. and since you have to build it from scratch something could go wrong and you just improve the zombies (could be intentional)

*edit* launching station is properly the same place where you research on zombies. take blood samples and other stuff in the field. researching the zombies and getting your fingers on a ballistic missile (steal a SCUD launcher?) should be VERY hard. and should be done in a hightech survivor bunker (not just a hole. a clan effort with concrete walls. AKA a smaller namalsk bunker)

Edited by the LawsOfFire

The only game I've seen do this decently was Resident Evil outbreak but that game(s) was/were crap.

Wat. I liked outbreak >\

forgot the ultimate cure: Satchel Charge

Nope. Hacked AA-12 with explosive rounds. Gets the job done every time.

Nope. Hacked AA-12 with explosive rounds. Gets the job done every time.

what about the MK 48 mod 0? 1 bullet per zombie. 100 bullets in mag. 600 bullets in inventory. 1200 bullets in backpack (assuming you use coyote) = 1800 bullets = 1800 zombies dead by 1 weapon LEGIT

Edited by the LawsOfFire

what about the MK 48 mod 0? 1 bullet per zombie. 100 bullets in mag. 600 bullets in inventory. 1200 bullets in backpack (assuming you use coyote) = 1800 bullets = 1800 zombies dead by 1 weapon LEGIT

Dang.

You win. I tap.