Sign in to follow this  
TheCandyMan (DayZ)

Will my computer run DayZ well?

Hey everyone i am not new to DayZ but i been having slow issues with my computer's processor and i just got it replaced and while i am downloading the game again i was wondering will it run well on my new computer? I went on canirunit.com and it said that i pass in the minimum requirements here is my specs

CPU - AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5000+

CPU Speed - 2.6 GHz

Ram - 2.1 GB

OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 32-bit

Video Card - GeForce 9500 GT

Video Ram - 1.7

Hardware T&L - Yes

Pixel shader version - 4.0

Vertex shader version - 4.0

DirectX version - 11.0

Free disc space - 146.9 GB

This was tested on Operation Arrowhead. Thank you all for taking the time looking at this for me.

-TheCandyMan

You'll probably run the game but not well enough to enjoy it. A 2.6Ghz dual-core and 2Gb RAM just isn't enough to play ArmA 2 smoothly, sorry!

I played it while i had my slower computer pretty smoothly when i had my skype closed and lower graphics maybe it will be a little different this time.

Thank you i appreciate you for taking the time to look at my post , I will try to deal with this now and in a few months i will try to get a 3.6 Ghz processor and 5Gb of ram.

-TheCandyMan

Edited by TheCandyMan

Im supprised you even able to run windows 7 properly with only 2GB ram? you want at least 6GB but i would recomend 8-12GB.

Graphics card will run it (on low settings) and the CPU needs an upgrade also.

so all in all, RAM upgrade deffo. And the rest if you want it to run smoothly.

Yeah with the addition of zombies DayZ is much more demanding than Operation Arrowhead, that system is going to be horrible, probably even unplayable.

I can upgrade my ram pretty easy so that is not problem. I was able to run DayZ on the old much slower computer this is a little more improved so if it is still slow i guess i will just have to completely rebuild my system.

-TheCandyMan

You'll get owned in most fire fights though. Just because your assault rifle with have a much SLOWER rate of fire than people with decent FPS and it will be much harder to aim with shitty FPS.

No, no no, it really isn't a terrible pc to run the game. It won't be good, or even necessarily okay all the time, but it will run. I run the game, albeit poorly and in tiny resolution on my old laptop with 2GB RAM, win XP, a dual core 2GHz CPU and only 256GB dedicated graphics memory.

A PC with similar specs (Same CPU speed, same RAM amount) running Vista and with a 512GB dedicated gpu card runs things on low, but in a decent resolution.

Yes there will be times of choppiness, but most of the time it's fine. That is, unless you've just been using a high end pc and then you'll notice every single minor judder.

Though, in fairness firefights are... Interesting. Sometimes fine, but at night, in elektro, not so much.

Edited for a billion typos

Edited by Warped_Jack
  • Like 1

Thank you for that information Warped_Jack , Is there anyway i can boost my FPS? Lower graphics,shadow detail,etc.

-TheCandyMan

You'll HAVE to play on the lowest settings no debate about that.

I would say start with everything at low or off, running at native resolution. If that runs okay (make sure to check by visiting a city!) then try upping some minor graphical bonuses.

I doubt you'll be running with any AA or high shader settings, but anisotropic filtering and some higher texture detail might be fine.

Though, if it doesn't run well enough, start decreasing the 3D resolution.

I have to say, I do doubt it will run consistently fine except with everything on low. Personally I'd plump for having it run smoothly and look less pretty.

Edited by Warped_Jack

Thank all y'all for taking the time to assist me and a hurry i will try these tips as soon as it finished downloading.

-TheCandyMan

Yeah man the biggest thing that will make the game look the worst is 3D resolution. Try to have this the highest (up to your native screen res that is, so if your run 1200x720 normally on the desktop try and use that, if unplayable lower) you possible can with everything else on lowest. Having a lower resolution than the native one makes a MASSIVE difference and makes things look blurry as hell.

there are also some programs you can get for windows that help with gaming. they stop all other background stuff running apart from the game so that your PC is putting the most power it can into just the game and not background processes.

Gamebooster is probably the one that most people use.

Im supprised you even able to run windows 7 properly with only 2GB ram? you want at least 6GB but i would recomend 8-12GB.

Graphics card will run it (on low settings) and the CPU needs an upgrade also.

so all in all, RAM upgrade deffo. And the rest if you want it to run smoothly.

Rofl nope, 4 GBs of RAM are definatively enough, what are you saying, 12GB?

Congrats by the way Rooneye for the 100 post!

-TheCandyMan

haha xD thanks man xD Didnt realise I'd hit the century mark.

And yeah, Gamebooster seems to be exactly what i was talking about (free download):

http://www.iobit.com/gamebooster.html

Edited by Rooneye

Hey everyone i am not new to DayZ but i been having slow issues with my computer's processor and i just got it replaced and while i am downloading the game again i was wondering will it run well on my new computer? I went on canirunit.com and it said that i pass in the minimum requirements here is my specs

CPU - AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5000+

CPU Speed - 2.6 GHz

Ram - 2.1 GB

OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 32-bit

Video Card - GeForce 9500 GT

Video Ram - 1.7

Hardware T&L - Yes

Pixel shader version - 4.0

Vertex shader version - 4.0

DirectX version - 11.0

Free disc space - 146.9 GB

This was tested on Operation Arrowhead. Thank you all for taking the time looking at this for me.

-TheCandyMan

I could barely run ArmA 1 on high and that PC i had then had a bit better hardware than what you posted...