Sign in to follow this  
millatime21

A Different Kind of Artifacting?

I decided I wanted to begin playing DayZ again. However, I loaded up the game, and any ground texture near me would be invisible. It appeared to be some sort of artifacting, but it wouldn't bug out and affect the entire screen. When I would move, the invisible textures would move with me, so it seemed to be affecting an area only about 5-10 meters away from me. I tried booting up only the Operation Arrowhead through steam, without any mods or beta patches, and it still continued to do this, so it's not something DayZ is doing. When I would turn on Anti-Aliasing, it would correct the problem, but nothing else would work. My computer doesn't have enough power to be able to run the game on these setting, however, so this option isn't viable. I have run this game approx. 3 months ago with no issues, so I figure it must be a patch that was (or wasn't) applied, and not with any sort of hardware compatibility issue.

*Which version of the game did you purchase? STEAM or RETAIL or MIXED:

Steam

*Are you running an Arma 2 OA beta patch? If so what version?:

Not anymore

*Which method are you using to launch the game? I.E Sixupdater/steam/batch file:

SixUpdater/Steam

*What is the Error/Problem you're having? Please provide screenshots if possible:

The problem is the stuff at the bottom-left corner. The same exact thing happens in game.

INT0f.jpg

sijfT.jpg

*Your PC specs:

Dell Inspiron N5110

6 GB RAM

Intel® Core™ i5-2450M CPU @ 2.50GHz, 2501 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)

Intel® HD Graphics Family (Intel HD Graphics 2000, I believe. Might be 3000, however.)

*Your Operating System:

Windows 7 Home Premium x64