rocket

Build 1.7.3 Rolling Update

can they do something about how long it takes to load a server

They should indeed but some servers load really fast.

I dont understand the difference between this and the Community Build, where do I download the one with al the Changelog for Community Builds stuff? Can someone help me please

That would be the pending 1.7.4 update I believe. Edited by DubPlate

All looking great especially with the removal of the L85. Now if you could remove all the .50s from the loot table we would be in business.

Not sure if i should of posted this in the suggestions but...Why has nobody, from my knowledge ever tryed to impliment Jets?.....We have choppers...Why cant we put jets in? (Obviously make them hard to repair, use and find) But...No-one ever seems to go on about this..

And think about it for the standalone, getting in a jet and flying to another island far from people....Doesn't that appeal to anyone??

Not sure if i should of posted this in the suggestions but...Why has nobody, from my knowledge ever tryed to impliment Jets?.....We have choppers...Why cant we put jets in? (Obviously make them hard to repair, use and find) But...No-one ever seems to go on about this..

And think about it for the standalone, getting in a jet and flying to another island far from people....Doesn't that appeal to anyone??

Meh. Irl it's extremely difficult to fly a jet, only very talented pilots with years of military training and 20/20 eye-sight can do this. In a zombie apocalypse, nobody but the most well-organized militia would be in a position to use an airborne death machine of this kind. Most of the world's remaining jets would probably be dismantled for parts, and anyone who attempted to fly one would probably end up crashing it sooner or later.

Jets also consume obscene amounts of kerosene, more than you could ever find in a place like Chernarus. They're designed to conduct missions hundreds of miles away... so on a 225-sq.-km map it doesn't make sense to fly around in a jet, even if you could -- choppers are much better for that.

And lastly, fighter jets are good for a military sim like ArmA, but in DayZ they'd be an out-of-place immersion killer imho.

Edit: It's also a balance issue. If some players have jets then others need the ability to take them down, which means AA batteries, missile cruisers, etc. I don't think an AS50 will do the trick against a jet passing overhead at 600 mph :D

Edited by Bakst

I'm not sure how (or why) you are single feeding the M24 in DayZ, but that still doesn't make a magazine a "clip." A box with ammunition in it isn't a "clip." Just like my car isn't a closet if I have clothes in the back seat. You can call it whatever you want but it isn't the correct term and you look ignorant in front of anyone who knows anything about guns. Some people just let it slide, since the misuse of the term is so ubiquitous, some will recognize your inexperience and wish to educate you, and others will cease to talk to you. Someone was kind enough to point out your mistake, but you if you want to be obstinate have at it.

This is a clip. The name is derived from the fact that the cartridges are "clipped" together.

NAumx.jpg?1

This ought to help you out.

http://www.minuteman...in-firearm.html

"single feeding" are you talking about the M24's bolt Action mechanism?

All looking great especially with the removal of the L85. Now if you could remove all the .50s from the loot table we would be in business.

Imagine all the little kiddies that would be angry if .50s were removed! choom4lyfe son

• Like 1

I'd settle for a hot air balloon, an airship, or a little propeller plane, but I imagine the airship wouldn't last long ;)

As for why in this mod, Chernarus is a mostly contigous landmass, with some tiny islands. More in general, think of the purpose of these jets: air superiority, tank killing, bombing infrastructure, air strikes... not that suited to something after the end of civilization.

As was mentioned above, balancing them would be an issue as well.

I like the idea of flying to another island of some size (with a meaningfully sized ocean), that sounds like fun. I suppose they could recycle the islands from Operation Flashpoint 1985 to speed things up a bit.

Now that I think about it, I'd like a motorized paraglider or a gyrocopter (I believe there was a mod for that in ArmA 1, it made for some scenic flying).

We're adding a couple of semi-official dayz vanilla and testing servers.

Keep an eye out for them under the tag "DayZ.nu" on serverlisting.

We'll mainly be testing new features, while also testing stability of current mod.

These servers are restarted quite often, each one has its own local hive.

They are run by community developers / contributors so, only a select few trusted admins for these.

Looking forward to all this!

Keep up the great job you've done thus far.

• Like 1

I like the idea of flying to another island of some size (with a meaningfully sized ocean), that sounds like fun.

Afaik that's a strong possibility sometime down the line in the SA. Rocket/devs have been making noises about that.

• Like 1

So -- different (sub-)topic -- how is the experience on the DayZ.nu servers? Can anyone report? I haven't tried it out yet.

My FPS is very bad since 7.3. Does anyone have any idea why that is so? Would appreciate the help alot =D

i only have bad fps when a server has not been restart in several days.

thats why server admins should do a restart every 6 hours to prevent this.

some servers admins do not care and stay away for a couple days.

why is the L85 AWS getting the boot?

i demand a statement >:(

too many snipers and campers complaining?

is there any private hive planning to keep it?

maps far to small for jets..

hell its to small for any kind of plane really..with the exception of the Osprey thats on certain maps, but its a hybrid

Helo's suit dayz perfectly, thers no need for anything else really,

Edited by Siberian

Very refreshing to see the character I was playing a month or so ago was still loaded today with everything it had when I tried 1.7.3 now. With the mountain dew can :D

And i finally tried dayzcommander ... very nice compared to six updater as it was months ago when i tried it, nice and fast. It failed to update arma with an exception, but it did update dayz nice and fast. I updated arma manually from the beta patch ftp server.

Good job, that's all i can say. Only loaded game fast and moved around a bit around berezino, didn't get a chance to test it thoroughly. Though since I carry mountain dew and have a good gun, i'm kind of reluctant to engage enemies.

Edited by mariush

And i finally tried dayzcommander ... very nice compared to six updater as it was months ago when i tried it, nice and fast. It failed to update arma with an exception, but it did update dayz nice and fast. I updated arma manually from the beta patch ftp server.

I get that java exception error in DayZ Commander sometimes too, just close and restart the program and try again, repeat until it starts downloading (usually 2-3 times). The other thing is that DayZ Cmdr. will often take days to update to the latest beta patch, so when you update manually (or Steam does so automatically) DayZ Cmdr. will say the newer version is "out of date" -_- Solution = ignore the warning and check the actual version number. Otherwise it's a useful program, much better than SIX imo.

Otherwise it's a useful program, much better than SIX imo.

No support for new custom maps, unless there already exist at least a shit ton of servers running them

No servers with new custom maps, unless there is support for them via dayzcommander.

I fear new and yet unpopular maps will die a slow and horrible death in dayz due to that.

i made a suggestion on their forums and had a feeling it wasn't welcome, it was turned down

rather snooty.

well, if they don't need me, i sure as hell don't need them.

i am trying playwithsix. used sixlauncher before and found it too complicated and not very userfriendly.

playwithsix is simple, easy to use and it supports all the known maps for dayz, plus alot of other arma2 mods.

only issue i still have, playwithsix finds way less servers then dayzcommander or ingame.

not sure, maybe i messed up my filters?

oops i just noticed...

sorry for OT :blush:

Edited by Azrail