mrsherenai

New Map - DayzTaviana is released!

Excellent, been waiting for this map to be released for both DayZ and vanilla ArmA 2. Hope Martin's optimised it a bit, since I could barely play in the city in the latest beta. Also crossing the bridge is going to be pretty mental.

Edited by Fonzie

Just read the tunngle posting. Sounds awesome. Cant wait, thanks for all the time and effort.

You might want to check with ashf0rd on tunngle / opendayz.net as he is already developing on this map (unless you are co-developing with him)?

Hm well I'm done. Didnt knew about him developing. So there is nothing to share anymore :/.

Pics and videos will come later tonight!

Edited by MrSherenai

Hello everyone,

I just announced my last work over at tunngle forums. Dayz can now be played on Taviana too. Follow the link for some informations and stay tuned.

http://www.tunngle.n...a-new-dayz-map/

Greetz

Dayz can now be played on Taviana too.

you good sir are false, it is still in the stage of testing.

maybe the website megbrain is still changing the selections?

disregard this i suck cock

Edited by JP4

Why none is talking more about this map... this is gonna be probably the best map after Chernarus.. it's huge and awesome. If it could be expanded to have more enterable building it would be the definitive map.

Why none is talking more about this map... this is gonna be probably the best map after Chernarus.. it's huge and awesome. If it could be expanded to have more enterable building it would be the definitive map.

I played it yesterday for a while and I like it. However, no vehicles is a dealbreaker.

I played it yesterday for a while and I like it. However, no vehicles is a dealbreaker.

What you mean? It is the map with the higher vehicles presence as far as i can tell, including multiple helicopters: in 1 hour i've found many cars, trucks, bus, heli... all to be repaired tho.

What you mean? It is the map with the higher vehicles presence as far as i can tell, including multiple helicopters: in 1 hour i've found many cars, trucks, bus, heli... all to be repaired tho.

Dunno, the server I was on last night had no vehicles and people were complaining. And an admin came on the chat and said that vehicles werent in the map yet. WHat server you playing on? Id like to go there.

Looks great! maybe this will finally beat Chernarus :D Is it coming to DayZCommander?

"When talking about Taviana Island we talk about the State of Taviana with a size of 625 km² established on two big islands in the Baltic Sea."

" The smaller Island, named Lesh with a size of approxiamtly 48 km²,"

"The bigger island has a size of approximatly 70 km² and is named Bukvac."

Now I don't clearly understand what does that 625km2 mean?

Edited by Caine

How about you stop being a lazy fuck and do it the manly way, install it manually. No hard feelings. :*

Silly of you doing preassumptions :).... If it comes to DayZCommander it means it can be on Vilayer dayzserverpackage and I could install it later on our team server.

I don't have problem to install it manually to test it what kinda map it is. I played Lingor, Namalsk for example before those were released on DayZCommander.

I just find hilarious people doing preassumptions but yeah it's internetz...

Edited by Caine

come on DayZ cmder..

i personaly rely on that proggy to get my addon maps working..

i tried to do them manualy before but its above my pay grade i guess..

Ok, I tested out #1 Taviana test server and first impressions: cool! custom buildings look neat and sabina had nice layout and "real" city feeling although most of the big apartment blocks weren't lootable. Coulnd't find any vehicles though I just played 1h.

If this is going to be later on DayZCommander and Vilayer map package... can't wait :D

Ok so apologies if I sound like a noob.

How do I get this working if I have DayZ Commander installed? I put it in the right place but when i launch CO its not in the list of mods.. neither are any other custom maps, only dayz itself

Edited by tamaster92

Ok so apologies if I sound like a noob.

How do I get this working if I have DayZ Commander installed? I put it in the right place but when i launch CO its not in the list of mods.. neither are any other custom maps, only dayz itself

Launch options, brah, launch options. Assuming you're running it from Steam, go to properties and set launch options and put -mod=@Dayz_taviana (just an example, still downloading so don't know what are the exact folders) and disable regular @dayz if it's there.

Played it last night and it's a pretty interesting map.

Installation is pretty easy. DL the file and put the DayZTaviana folder in the Combined Ops folder. In DayZCommander, enter a launch parameter of -mod=@DayzTaviana and use a filter of Taviana to find servers. There's only three right now and pretty full (one is 51/51).

This Map is great!

Even if there are some more or less bugs it is still great and i like it more then chernarus...finally citys wich feel like a city, not like a small town.

I played the day before yesterday on the #1 Testserver and were heading into Boye, when i discovered that the loot in the grey apartments was spawning flooting in the air and i wasn't able to take it, so it still has to be tested and fixed but all in all i really thank you for your effort.