rocket

Pending Update: Build 1.7.3 (community edition)

FINALLY TOOLBOXES HAVE A PURPOSE AGAIN...

Now about that no eating and drinking in a vehicle....um ya that is just kind of dumb...since that was one of the realistic things i thought about the game....in fact i wished it was expanded upon through giving medical aid in vehicles...it is just logical and makes sense being allowed to eat and give medical aid in vehicles...now for things like bikes and such...eh ya that wouldn't make sense. But can't those be excluded some how...

I like how a lot of exploits were addressed but the whole no doing anything in a car just seems dumb to take away....last time i checked some people live in there cars...and eat...and drink...and i think i can put a bandage on while in a car...

I thought it would actually add a nice cooperative experience allowing other people in the car to heal each other....sooo can we like make that happen oooorrr no?

• Like 12

ok so the combat system has a few of you worried let me try and clear it up

First zeds will not put you in combat unless you attack them.

Second the killed system is not in this release and we are talking about just sending global msgs to everyone when someone logs while in combat in place of killing.

everything else is in you just wont be killed yet -).

But i wantet to see them die x.x

Maybe refuse the combat system if 10+ Players are at the same location so you can prevent dieing fron loggin while attacked by an teleporting/thunderdoming hacker.

I'm curious how the game can tell the difference between the game crashing (which happens to me for a plethora of reasons, and fairly often) and someone who combat logs. i get the idea behind dying over it, and understand that part isn't implemented, but i really would like to know how i can be protected against unjust death from client crashes.

• Like 1

But i wantet to see them die x.x

Maybe refuse the combat system if 10+ Players are at the same location so you can prevent dieing fron loggin while attacked by an teleporting/thunderdoming hacker.

I see the combat logging being buggy and hotfixes right behind this update addressing these bugs...similar to the disabled respawn button. Yaaaa i can't wait to see ALL the new forum posts being titled along the lines of;

"OMG OMG WTF I JUST LOGGED BACK IN DEAD WTF" and "WTF I LOGGED OUT ALIVE NOW IM DEAD"...

Hopefully the system works...i just hope that there isn't a bug where the abort button is perma locked after put into combat mode...how long does it last? What if for some people it lasts for way too long and they have to log out by force closing...and they get killed from BS.

Or my favorite fear; what if someone is hiding and just looking at the esc menu waiting for the abort button to turn back on....it turns back on...but it doesn't register with the hive when they abort and it counts as a force close....idk i just see issues like that coming along...but i hope im wrong...

Also: finally the zombie death animations are fixed.

This fix was discovered during Standalone development, and ported over.

What's this? The delay before they fall over?

Edited by smasht_AU

Which redux just took from the tunggle post with most of these fixes.

This is incorrect. None of my code is taken from Tunggle. At best, you could argue that after I fixed half the stuff the Tunggle thread mentioned before I even saw it, I used their change log list to help guide me in what things I needed to fix still. So "stealing half of their ideas of what I should fix" would be the furthest you could go. My fixes themselves are not Tunggle's, and are more effective/verbose in some cases. At the basest of it all, Tunggle's are all fixes jammed into a mission file. Mine are core code fixes. Do not make wild claims without proof.

For those unaware, I'm the one who started up DayZ Redux ( http://www.dayzredux.com ). It's a mod of DayZ aimed at making it more in line with "survival purists" who want to get even more frustrated than usual, basically.

I am a bit curious how (I'm guessing, I haven't looked at the code yet) large chunks of Redux make it into DayZ Mod without me even being contacted or asked to help. The patch notes are even word-for-word the same as the ones I wrote for Redux for the redux-specific things. Half of those patch notes were basically written by me. I would've been happy to help out with something like this for DayZ Mod. I'm guessing the combat system is from Redux as well (in which case, you guys may have a bad time with it. It's one of the things I'm rewriting for next DayZ Redux patch to be substantially more optimized).

Just makes me sad that someone seems to have taken large chunks of my work into DayZ Mod and I didn't even get an opportunity to help do it and wasn't even informed someone was doing it :( At best I could've let you know what probably should've been held back before implementation (the combat system) before I could fine tune it.

R4Z0R49, why did you have to make me a sad panda and not even contact me? :(

EDIT: Here's the archive of Redux patch notes where you can see almost half of 1.7.3's change log is word-for-word contained in my history. http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/96474-dayz-redux-dayz-purist-focused-custom-dayz-mod-formerly-dayz-diaf/

Again, I'd LOVE to help DayZ Mod out and contribute things I wrote to it. I just feel slighted by not even being informed this was being done, and would've loved the chance to help do it and comment on what I think isn't ready for "prime time" like the combat system. If you guys really did use my combat system (which would explain why the death feature isn't in yet, since that's in dayz_server.pbo) people are going to see a lot of red chains in 1.7.3. Like I said, it's something I'm rewriting for next DayZ Redux.

Edited by Venthos
  • Like 29

Very exciting news for those of us who have been hanging onto the public hive and not running away to private hives.

There is still hope!

A big thanks from everyone in Ranger Squad.

Excellent work.

Any chance us map porters and other modders could see a code diff as to what has changed? It will make it easier to merge these fixes into the different branches.

Also I think some of these originate from f0rts fixes? If so I know that bliss and pwnoz0rs server builds use f0rds fixes and so we would need to make sure the two don't clash.

If this community led then I think it needs to be open to the community, right?

EDIT: I can see its already getting complicated already.

Edited by shinshady

Erm, target date: Today?

Download link plx?

And also:

AHMAGAWD! :D :D :thumbsup: Woopiie! Good job everyone!

The dayz_code and dayz_server updates are community developed

Anyone can see the current files:

https://github.com/R4Z0R49/DayZMod

The updates have been submitted by the community, coordinated by Razor who I believe received submissions from many people.

If you guys want to argue about who wrote or did what, then really the whole point of the community update system is just not going to work at all. That is why we made an open repository to try and say that nobody owns the code to try and stop such arguments.

• Like 10

What's this? The delay before they fall over?

Correct, many a time have I put lead into the dome of a walker, only to have it sprint at me and thwack me before falling over.

Also, Venthos, I absolutely agree that some amount of contact should have been made, even if it had just been "Hey Redux dude, were taking yer codez for teh DayZ."

Edit: Rocket beat me to it. I guess they were just doing a code 'drop-box' and someone submitted Redux.

Edited by Erizid

So it's not actually 1.7.3 it's just DayZ Redux code containing fixes which should have been implemented months ago. Where are the dogs you promised 2 months ago? This should just be 1.7.2.7. I am disappoint.

• Like 1

Hopefully the system works...i just hope that there isn't a bug where the abort button is perma locked after put into combat mode...how long does it last? What if for some people it lasts for way too long and they have to log out by force closing...and they get killed from BS.

* [NEW] combat 30 sec timer.

Can this be released to private hive developers ahead of time so that we poor private hives don't have to wait longer then public hives? :D

• Like 1

The dayz_code and dayz_server updates are community developed

Anyone can see the current files:

https://github.com/R...ayZ-Open-Source

The updates have been submitted by the community, coordinated by Razor who I believe received submissions from many people.

If you guys want to argue about who wrote or did what, then really the whole point of the community update system is just not going to work at all. That is why we made an open repository to try and say that nobody owns the code to try and stop such arguments.

Hi Rocket,

Its probably more that most of us did not know about the community, until now.

• Like 2

DayZ crew, enough with this forum nonsense.

Pump this bitch out!

If the new comabt logging systems kills me one time because of my bad internetconnection ill stop playing DayZ.

If i get killed by a glitch or a stupid bandit.. its okay.. but when the devs starts to implement stuff that kills me for my bad inet its enough an no more fun.

Maybe this is the stupidest update in the DayZ history. Combatsystem will not work! ... Ill see it coming.. im shooting a pig and the magic combat system will kill me instantly because one internet package goes not back to the server....

The magic combat system its only good for the the brave bandits who are now able to kill more new players at the coast.

Oh and yes the combat system its a dream for hackers. No one can escape now! Good Job!!! Very good job! The communitywork on this patche are made by hackers and bandits. The DayZ Cancer: Bandits and Hackers.

Seems to be a great patch.

Other question... whats more pussy? Camping at the coast and killing unarmed newbies or logging out to safe your gear from bandits?

Most bandits are like hackers... ruining others fun is fun for them. Bandits = Hackers. Both destroying the fun of others.

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/93317-private-hive-dayzmod-integration-project/

And along with that, Matt has personally contacted and discussed with all the people we could find to invite them to the project. At times, the response was fairly lackluster. But after me beating Matt with a stick enough, we got a group together and not much really happened until Razor took control.

I master the build using the private dayz keys when I am informed that a build is ready. I provide some advice and divert some DayZ Standalone resources where I can to assist.

My intention with the community project was to prevent splintering and allow everyone to share the results of updates. If this isn't possible, then fine, we can use the resources elsewhere.

• Like 3

Hi Rocket,

Thinking back, I remember some kind of rumblings where they asked private hive coders to band together somewhere. I guess this is the result, but I'm not sure many of us knew that collaboration would directly become the next DayZ patch.

• Like 1

If the new comabt logging systems kills me one time because of my bad internetconnection ill stop playing DayZ.

If i get killed by a glitch or a stupid bandit.. its okay.. but when the devs starts to implement stuff that kills me for my bad inet its enough an no more fun.

Maybe this is the stupidest update in the DayZ history. Combatsystem will not work! ... Ill see it coming.. im shooting a pig and the magic combat system will kill me instantly because one internet package goes not back to the server....

The magic combat system its only good for the the brave bandits who are now able to kill more new players at the coast.

Oh and yes the combat system its a dream for hackers. No one can escape now! Good Job!!! Very good job! The communitywork on this patche are made by hackers and bandits. The DayZ Cancer: Bandits and Hackers.

Seems to be a great patch.

Other question... whats more pussy? Camping at the coast and killing unarmed newbies or logging out to safe your gear from bandits?

Most bandits are like hackers... ruining others fun is fun for them. Bandits = Hackers. Both destroying the fun of others.

Wow, seriously, cry more. I think combat loggers are more of a pussy. And without bandits, this game would utterly suck. Oh great, lets go scavenge and then walk around for eternity with the same gear singing songs.

Quit being such a whiny bitch, and if you really hate it so much, go play something else.

• Like 4