diamondclubs

Dayz lagging, Good computer

Over the past 3 days I've been having similar problems...

Processor: Intel® Core i5-2450M CPU @ 2.50GHz

RAM: 6.00gb

HDD: 571gb (188 free)

Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT635M

I usually manage 18-24 fps on mid level settings. 3 days ago on various servers I was clocking 30-35. I was amazed! Then for no reason on Friday I couldn't get more than 10 FPS with averages around 4-6. It's still like that now...

I hadn't changed any settings, I just stopped playing on Thursday and picked back up again on Friday...

I've tried:

Reducing all graphics settings to their lowest. (following these threads http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/forums/showthread.php?5611-README-Notable-Arma-2-tweaks and http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/forums/showthread.php?2565-A-few-simple-notes-on-performance )

I've altered the User config files and Arma2 and arma2oa files in notepad (to recommended settings)

defragged my hdd with both windows defrag and defraggler

updated graphics card drivers

ensured arma2 has full access on my firewall

reinstalled dayz, and ensured it's patched to the latest updates

added "-CpuCount=4" to the start up parameters

I'm holding off formatting, as I have only just recently formatted this machine (about 2 weeks ago)

Does anyone have any thoughts? :)

yep, uk user, been playing for months, all fine, last couple of days it has gone to shit :(

My problem had nothing to do with arma.

All games were lagging now I get average 60-70fps on highest settings.

Yeah but it's the same for singleplayer and servers I play on are usually around 35ping or less.

And reinstalling both arma 2 and oa didn't work.

Why try to reinstalling it? , It's probaly how many people in the servers or the people in the servers has really high ping

if the players have really high ping it will cause fps drops, like a ton.

Don't ever re installing it, it never solves. Or just check youtube how to increase fps and use ramdisk, its a lot better I have a Intel® Processor Graphics 3000 and I run 30-60 fps sometimes 70. G

O

O

D

L

U

C

K ( ;

I got a very good laptop and a very good desktop and I had to run Dayz with somewhat limited graphic, otherwise load time would be horrible and/or fps drop.

One of the big fps eater is, of of course your resolution. If you want to play with a high resolution, I would suggest to at least lower your 3D resolution to something lower then your resolution.

Yes the game is bit less pretty, but I prefer stable less pretty game then choppy fps pretty game ;)

The Arma2OA Beta patches could have caused this lagg.

A lot of people were complaining about (very) low fps.

Try the latest build: 98866