ccardali@gmail.com

[GUIDE] Xbox Controller Support Using Xpadder

Rate my Profile  

1. 1. Vote, then leave a comment on thoughts and suggestions.

• Love it; works great!
    • Like it; has minor flaws.
    • Dislike it; needs some work.
    • Hate it; why did you post this?
    • KEYBOARD & MOUSE FTW!

INTRODUCTION:

Hello, and welcome to my guide on how to use an Xbox 360 controller for DayZ.

I have put a lot of time into making this profile, and hope that other people can find this useful.

Highlights of my Xpadder profile are:

• No swapping between button sets when entering/exiting vehicles.
  • Very little key-mapping required.
  • Easy to understand controls
  • Feature packed - Uses advanced techniques to incorporate more commands

If you have comments or suggestions, please let me know.

UPDATED:
8/11/13 version 1.3:

• MOVED Lights and NVG to RIGHT D-PAD
  • MOVED Fire Mode to HOLD X BUTTON
  • MOVED Compass to HOLD LEFT D-PAD
  • CHANGED Leaning; You will now stay leaned if the stick is pushed full, nudge to unlock
  • ADDED Zeroing to LEFT TRIGGER + D-PAD UP/DOWN (Zeroing still on +Action set)
  • ADDED Weapon Swap to Y BUTTON
  • ADDED Spacebar(Command) to HOLD Y BUTTON
  • ADDED Helicopter Autohover to LEFT STICK CLICK

IMPORTANT INFORMATION:
Original thread on Xpadder.

This profile works fine using default controls with minor tweaking; if you're having issues, go into the control settings and reset to defaults.

Xpadder has to be run with Administrator privilege to work with ArmA 2.

Make sure controller support is disabled within ArmA 2.

Sprinting will not work until "Fast forward" remapped to Up Arrow.

Aircraft will not work properly, you will need to remap flying controls within the game to what is shown below.

Nose Up and Down are linked to Mouse Y Axis setting. I play inverted(as shown), so you'll need to swap the Nose mappings if you play regular.

Left/Right Pedal need to be configured to Left Stick. Map with Xpadder disabled to prevent interference.

ArmA2_Helicopter_Xpadder_By_CatBox.png

Items with a "+" indicate a hold function; hold the button to access this action.

STANCE has three modes:

• CLICK - Stand
  • PRESS - Crouch
  • HOLD - Prone

Scope Zooming: while holding LEFT TRIGGER, click or hold RIGHT STICK to toggle Zoom IN(OUT)

"Action" is a modifier and changes to set 3(Actions)

ArmA2_1_Xpadder_By_CatBox.PNG
ArmA2_2_Xpadder_By_CatBox.PNG

HOW TO SETUP:
These will be basic instructions, for more in-depth help visit the Xpadder Walkthrough.

• Purchase Xpadder if you haven't already. It is well worth the money.
  • Install Xpadder.
  • Download, or create your own controller layout.
  • Get profile data from below and add it to Xpadder
  • If copying the text, paste it using this drop-down:
    http://xpadder.com/h...rofile_menu.JPG
  • Clicking the "Abc" button in the corner of Xpadder will show you the button labels.
  • Find where you installed Xpadder to, right click on it and choose PROPERTIES.
  • Under the COMPATIBILITY tab, make sure run as administrator is checked.
  • Apply and OK
  • Fully quit Xpadder, then restart it.
  • Load up ArmA 2 and go into OPTIONS then CONTROLS.
  • Remap the controls to what is shown above, under "Important Information."
  • From the CONTROLS menu, goto CONTROLLER.
  • Select the Xbox Controller, and choose DISABLE, you should no longer see button prompts for navigation; if you do, verify it is disabled.

The controller should now be functional!

It's probably a good idea to familiarize yourself with the controls with one of the singleplayer showcases.

If you want to invert the controls or adjust the speed, do so using the in-game mouse settings.

PROFILE:

Copy all text from box below, or download the file.

;--- Xpadder Profile Data ---DataType=ProfileVersion=2013.07.18Name=ArmA 2 by CatBox BETAKeyTapTime=5Set1Name=DefaultSet1StickDeadZones=77,64Set1StickDiagonalSizes=35,70Set1TriggerDeadZones=28,28Set2Name=Slow AimSet2StickDiagonalSizes=35,55Set3Name=ActionsSet3StickDiagonalSizes=30,45Set4Name= Set5Name= Set6Name=Made bySet7Name=CatBoxSet8Name=v1.3Set1Button1Name=Select/+VaultSet1Button1Slots=RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,Enter,RELEASE ZONE 0.30s,HOLD ZONE 0.31s,VSet1Button2Name=Gear/+Binoc'sSet1Button2Slots=RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,G,RELEASE ZONE 0.30s,HOLD ZONE 0.31s,BSet1Button3Name=Reload/+F-ModeSet1Button3Slots=RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,R,RELEASE ZONE 0.29s,HOLD ZONE 0.30s,FSet1Button4Name=Swap Gun/+CMDSet1Button4Slots=RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,Semi-Colon,RELEASE ZONE 0.29s,HOLD ZONE 0.30s,SpaceSet1Button5Name=Target/+ActionSet1Button5SetSelect=2Set1Button6Name=Head LookSet1Button6Slots=AltSet1Button7Name=Esc/+ScoreSet1Button7Slots=RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,Escape,RELEASE ZONE 0.29s,HOLD ZONE 0.30s,ISet1Button8Name=View/+VoiceSet1Button8Slots=RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,NumPad Enter,RELEASE ZONE 0.20s,HOLD ZONE 0.21s,Caps Lock,RELEASE ZONE 0.30s,PAUSE 0.10s,Caps LockSet1Button9Name=SlowSet1Button9Slots=RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,Left Shift,PAUSE 0.01s,Left Shift,RELEASE ZONE 0.19s,HOLD ZONE 0.20s,Left ShiftSet1Button10Name=(+)StanceSet1Button10Slots=RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,C,RELEASE ZONE 0.20s,X,RELEASE ZONE 0.29s,HOLD ZONE 0.50s,ZSet1DPadUpName=Menu UpSet1DPadUpSlots=Mouse Wheel UpSet1DPadRightName=Light/+NVGSet1DPadRightSlots=RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,L,RELEASE ZONE 0.29s,HOLD ZONE 0.30s,NSet1DPadDownName=Menu DownSet1DPadDownSlots=Mouse Wheel DownSet1DPadLeftName=Map/+CmpsSet1DPadLeftSlots=RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,M,RELEASE ZONE 0.29s,HOLD ZONE 0.30s,K,PAUSE 0.01s,KSet1Stick1UpName=Forward^SprintSet1Stick1UpSlots=W,DISTANCE ZONE 85%,Arrow Up,WSet1Stick1RightName=RightSet1Stick1RightSlots=DSet1Stick1DownName=BackSet1Stick1DownSlots=SSet1Stick1LeftName=LeftSet1Stick1LeftSlots=ASet1Stick2UpSlots=Mouse Move UpSet1Stick2UpMouseSpeed=100Set1Stick2UpMouseMode=CursorSet1Stick2RightSlots=Mouse Move RightSet1Stick2RightMouseSpeed=100Set1Stick2RightMouseMode=CursorSet1Stick2DownSlots=Mouse Move DownSet1Stick2DownMouseSpeed=100Set1Stick2DownMouseMode=CursorSet1Stick2LeftSlots=Mouse Move LeftSet1Stick2LeftMouseSpeed=100Set1Stick2LeftMouseMode=CursorSet1TriggerLeftName=Zoom/ADSSet1TriggerLeftSlots=Right Mouse Button (2)Set1TriggerLeftSetSelect=1Set1TriggerRightName=FireSet1TriggerRightSlots=Left Mouse Button (1)Set2Button1Name=Select/+VaultSet2Button1Slots=RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,Enter,RELEASE ZONE 0.30s,HOLD ZONE 0.31s,VSet2Button1SetSelect=0Set2Button2Name=Gear/+Binoc'sSet2Button2Slots=RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,G,RELEASE ZONE 0.30s,HOLD ZONE 0.31s,BSet2Button3Name=Reload/+F-ModeSet2Button3Slots=RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,R,RELEASE ZONE 0.29s,HOLD ZONE 0.30s,FSet2Button4Name=Swap Gun/+CMDSet2Button4Slots=RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,Semi-Colon,RELEASE ZONE 0.29s,HOLD ZONE 0.30s,SpaceSet2Button5Name=+ActionSet2Button5SetSelect=2Set2Button6Name=Head LookSet2Button6Slots=AltSet2Button7Name=Esc/+ScoreSet2Button7Slots=RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,Escape,RELEASE ZONE 0.29s,HOLD ZONE 0.30s,ISet2Button7SetSelect=0Set2Button8Name=View/+VoiceSet2Button8Slots=RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,NumPad Enter,RELEASE ZONE 0.20s,HOLD ZONE 0.21s,Caps Lock,RELEASE ZONE 0.30s,PAUSE 0.10s,Caps LockSet2Button9Name=SlowSet2Button9Slots=RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,Left Shift,PAUSE 0.01s,Left Shift,RELEASE ZONE 0.19s,HOLD ZONE 0.20s,Left ShiftSet2Button10Name=ZoomSet2Button10Slots=NumPad +,CYCLE STOP,NumPad -Set2DPadUpName=Zeroing UpSet2DPadUpSlots=Page UpSet2DPadRightName=Light/+NVGSet2DPadRightSlots=RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,L,RELEASE ZONE 0.29s,HOLD ZONE 0.30s,NSet2DPadDownName=Zeroing DownSet2DPadDownSlots=Page DownSet2DPadLeftName=Map/+CmpsSet2DPadLeftSlots=RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,M,RELEASE ZONE 0.29s,HOLD ZONE 0.30s,KSet2Stick1UpName=ForwardSet2Stick1UpSlots=W,DISTANCE ZONE 85%,WSet2Stick1RightName=RightSet2Stick1RightSlots=DSet2Stick1DownName=BackSet2Stick1DownSlots=SSet2Stick1LeftName=LeftSet2Stick1LeftSlots=ASet2Stick2UpSlots=Mouse Move UpSet2Stick2UpMouseSpeed=50Set2Stick2UpMouseMode=CursorSet2Stick2RightSlots=Mouse Move RightSet2Stick2RightMouseSpeed=50Set2Stick2RightMouseMode=CursorSet2Stick2DownSlots=Mouse Move DownSet2Stick2DownMouseSpeed=50Set2Stick2DownMouseMode=CursorSet2Stick2LeftSlots=Mouse Move LeftSet2Stick2LeftMouseSpeed=50Set2Stick2LeftMouseMode=CursorSet2TriggerLeftName=Zoom/ADSSet2TriggerLeftSlots=RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,NumPad 0,RELEASE ZONE 0.19s,HOLD ZONE 0.01s,Right Mouse Button (2)Set2TriggerLeftSetSelect=0Set2TriggerRightName=FireSet2TriggerRightSlots=Left Mouse Button (1)Set3Button1Name=Select/+SitSet3Button1Slots=RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,Enter,RELEASE ZONE 0.30s,HOLD ZONE 0.31s,ApostropheSet3Button2Name=Gear/+Binoc'sSet3Button2Slots=RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,G,RELEASE ZONE 0.30s,HOLD ZONE 0.31s,BSet3Button3Name=Reload/+F-ModeSet3Button3Slots=RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,R,RELEASE ZONE 0.29s,HOLD ZONE 0.30s,FSet3Button4Name=Swp Gun/+SaluteSet3Button4Slots=RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,Semi-Colon,RELEASE ZONE 0.29s,HOLD ZONE 0.30s,Back-Slash[US]/Hash[UK]Set3Button5Name=Target/+ActionSet3Button5Slots=RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,Tab,RELEASE ZONE 0.20sSet3Button5SetSelect=0Set3Button6Name=Head LookSet3Button6Slots=AltSet3Button7Name=EscSet3Button7Slots=EscapeSet3Button7SetSelect=0Set3Button8Name=View/+VoiceSet3Button8Slots=RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,NumPad Enter,RELEASE ZONE 0.20s,HOLD ZONE 0.21s,Caps Lock,RELEASE ZONE 0.30s,PAUSE 0.10s,Caps LockSet3Button9Name=SlowSet3Button9Slots=RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,Left Shift,PAUSE 0.01s,Left Shift,RELEASE ZONE 0.19s,HOLD ZONE 0.20s,Left ShiftSet3Button10Name=(+)StanceSet3Button10Slots=RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,C,RELEASE ZONE 0.20s,X,RELEASE ZONE 0.29s,HOLD ZONE 0.50s,ZSet3DPadUpName=Zeroing UpSet3DPadUpSlots=Page UpSet3DPadRightName=Channel ->Set3DPadRightSlots=DotSet3DPadDownName=Zeroing DownSet3DPadDownSlots=Page DownSet3DPadLeftName=<- ChannelSet3DPadLeftSlots=RELEASE ZONE 0.01s,Comma,RELEASE ZONE 0.30s,HOLD ZONE 0.31s,CommaSet3Stick1UpName=ForwardSet3Stick1UpSlots=W,DISTANCE ZONE 85%,WSet3Stick1RightName=Lean>HoldSet3Stick1RightSlots=E,DISTANCE ZONE 95%,PAUSE 0.02s,ESet3Stick1DownName=BackSet3Stick1DownSlots=SSet3Stick1LeftName=Hold<LeanSet3Stick1LeftSlots=Q,DISTANCE ZONE 95%,PAUSE 0.02s,QSet3Stick2UpSlots=Mouse Move UpSet3Stick2UpMouseSpeed=75Set3Stick2UpMouseMode=CursorSet3Stick2RightSlots=Mouse Move RightSet3Stick2RightMouseSpeed=75Set3Stick2RightMouseMode=CursorSet3Stick2DownSlots=Mouse Move DownSet3Stick2DownMouseSpeed=75Set3Stick2DownMouseMode=CursorSet3Stick2LeftSlots=Mouse Move LeftSet3Stick2LeftMouseSpeed=75Set3Stick2LeftMouseMode=CursorSet3TriggerLeftName=Zoom/ADSSet3TriggerLeftSlots=Right Mouse Button (2)Set3TriggerLeftSetSelect=0Set3TriggerRightName=FireSet3TriggerRightSlots=Left Mouse Button (1)Set8Button7Name=Thanks forSet8Button8Name= Downloading!
Edited by InTheCatBoxAgain
  • Like 4

Well done, would you like this to be merged with the Helpful Threads Xbox Guide..?

EDIT :

OK, I see we have a problem somewhere, let me check.

Edited by Boneboys

Well done, would you like this to be merged with the Helpful Threads Xbox Guide..?

EDIT:

OK, I see we have a problem somewhere, let me check.

What's the problem?

Also, I don't really want this merged with another thread.

• Like 1

Awesome! It's great to see another Xpadder profile out there; I'm gonna give set-up a go and see how it feels. Thanks for putting this up for others to see!

Thanks! Let me know if you find anything that needs fixing or any suggestions you have.

Bugs I know of are the abort function not working, and voice getting locked-on if used too frequently, but I believe that can be fixed by disabling the double tap in-game.

Well I gave it a test run last night and so far it works really well! I did some minor tweaking to the profile like adding an auto-run and changing sprint to double tapping up on the left stick. I'm not sure if it's a bug or not, but I've found that when I was using the head look button too frequently that it would stay locked on. The work around to this is just to double tap the button and it would snap back to normal. Overall this is a great tutorial, I really like how easy it is to set up. Great job InTheCatBoxAgain!

• Like 1

A lot of functions in ARMA can be locked in the on state if double tapped, which is what you were experiencing with head look. I believe this can be disabled in-game.

What do you mean by auto-run? Sprint is configured for pushing left stick full-forward.

I appreciate the feedback! You're the only one I know of that's actually used my profile.

By auto-run I mean that I can have my character run or sprint forward without having to hold down any buttons. I find it really helpful when I'm running for a long distance. In xpadder I changed the right button on the d-pad to "W" and added the toggle function on it to make this happen. Then I moved whatever key that was originally on the right d-pad (I believe it was the compass key) over to holding the left d-pad for 3 seconds.

I have xpadder 5.6 and the file wont load with it - it was free a few years ago when I got it and really it should be free to anyone who is disabled and needs this to game so is there a newer version thats free that will work with this file?

Does sound like a good idea. I hope there's a free version available. Good luck, mate! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

I have xpadder 5.6 and the file wont load with it - it was free a few years ago when I got it and really it should be free to anyone who is disabled and needs this to game so is there a newer version thats free that will work with this file?

Unfortunately you'll need the latest version of Xpadder, which is v2012.12.31.

Not sure if you're disabled, but I am, and this is money well spent. Also, you get access to a vast library of profiles that other users created.

• Like 1

This is great, i usually use xpadder for games like NFS, etc. But i'll give it a go, at least for driving/flying!

just a question regarding AS50 zoom,

does this have a map for + and - buttons while looking down scope?

I can range fine, but with the DMR you just hold L trigger and it zooms. Not the AS 50..

thanks

just a question regarding AS50 zoom,

does this have a map for + and - buttons while looking down scope?

Yes.

While holding LT, you can click RS to adjust the zoom level. Each time you press RS it toggles between + and -, so keep that in mind.

Example for using the AS50:

Tap LT for ADS,

Hold LT for steadying, and precise aiming,

While holding LT, click and hold RS until fully zoomed, and release,

While holding LT, click and hold RS until zoomed out.

Hope this helps!

• Like 1

AMAZING

i was avoiding using the AS50 cause i had to reach up to the keyboard lol...lazy

this is an amazing profile, flying heli is so good with this.

thanks for the hard work!

Edited by deebz1234
  • Like 1

I have an updated version that I'll post soon.

If I don't, someone remind me.