stapo

DayZ: Thirsk | Custom Map | Current Version: 1.3 | Server Files Included | Now On DayZCommander!

Got killed by some skiddies last night they flew a little bird directly to where I was hiding in a group of trees and started calling out my name over voice (10 or so other people on the server), they crashed it survived and then managed to find me again within seconds even though I legged it when they where crashing. Played a bit of cat and mouse with them I think I killed one of them, can't be sure as his body disappeared from behind the bush he was hiding in and then either him or his buddy appeared behind me called my name again and said something inaudible before killing me.

Apart from that small incident had a lot fun last night and hopefully the server is as full again tonight :)

EDIT: @ Kiwuu wait till you find the snow ghille , it is very sexy

Edited by Papa Duck

Here's the video, it doesn't get crazy until part 3, but seems the server is doing pretty well:

Thanks a bunch Psi, i will be releasing another Update for DayZ: Thirsk soon :)

• Like 1

UPDATE: Possibly adding Thirsk to Bliss Package :)

Psi, i added your videos to the OP so people can see the map before they download it ;)

Having an issue, I followed everything in the first post exactly. When I tried to join the only Thrisk server I found it took roughly 20mins for the character creation screen, then once it finally loaded in something I could see I was just looking out across the ocean. Could not move or look around, and one of the times I tried it had me in a squad. Any ideas on why this is happening and how I can go about fixing it, would really like to check out this map.

EDIT: Nevermind, just tried it again and everything loaded fine. Not sure what the issue was earlier today.

Edited by duskflame

@duskflame (nice nick btw ;) )

It sounds like debug, happends sometimes on random basis on different servers.

Will this map be availeble trough dayzcommander? looks cool and thanks for the videos Psisyndicate

Will this map be availeble trough dayzcommander? looks cool and thanks for the videos Psisyndicate

If i know dotjosh well enough its "Get enough servers up and ill consider it" :)

Edited by Stapo

UPDATE: Possibly adding Thirsk to Bliss Package :)

Stapo and I have now got a Bliss package finished - waiting on the pull request to be merged :)

Also uploaded part 1 of my Thirsk let's play.

I really enjoyed my first time on the map even if I die in the fucking dumbest way in part 2.

Thanks Stapo!

Seems the lack of DZC support has killed this awesome map, I couldn't find a single server at all, not even one with 10,000 ping.

actually, there is 3 servers up ;)

Heres the details to the one i host: http://www.dayzplus....-DayZThirsk-1-3

At the moment I can find only 2 servers, the one stacks on "Wating character to create"

And another one if full of cheaters :(

But the map is really beautiful :thumbsup:

Edited by igar

Part two of my first series on Thirsk.

Still loving this map, but boy oh boy did I die in the stupidest way :/

Do you have any weapon and vehicle listings? The only thing different is the weather from what I can see and the same ole cookie cutter buildings.

dayzthirsk.png

I can make a transparent version too if anyone would like it.

Edited by Venzire
  • Like 1

A good map - i haven't played for a while but will definitely give it another go soon.

Soon to be on DayZ Commander i hope.

Edited by DemonGroover

hi stapo i noticed that someone posted this earlier but had no reply to it but 6 off us were on the uk2 [1.3] and we had great fun searching the map the only problem we have found atm is that we cannot harvest wood, we tried in various places and had no luck at all.

dunno if this is an issue with the mod or the server,just some info bcos we all enjoyed it and would really like to keep playing but food can be a real bitch to find at times so being able to cook is essential.

cheers tam

for the next patch i will increase the spawnrate of wood piles in residential as i cant fix the trees as they are a map bug.

• Like 1

not being able to get wood from the forest seems to be a pretty important bug fix ... not that it matters to me i keep getting kicked when i join the only server that comes up on my server list following the op instructions...

would like to have at least tried it...

The "client download" link appears to be offline for me. Intended?

The "client download" link appears to be offline for me. Intended?

our puplicshare is disabled atm, will be up again soon