Sumrak

DayZ: Namalsk

Sumrak, please remove Bloodsuckers in the next update as they have totally ruined what was once the best DayZ experience.

They are totally out of character and it feels like I'm playing a 1990's console shooter.

I love your map & mod and DayZ Namalsk was what normal DayZ should have been long, long ago.

However the recent addition of Bloodsuckers and that flashing event that knocks you unconsious has stepped over a line from awesome PvP/PvE challenge to a daft, fantasy/horror/weird bag of nonsense and has totally put me off playing.

I hope you will reconsider these add-ons.

Thanks.

Sumrak, please remove Bloodsuckers in the next update as they have totally ruined what was once the best DayZ experience.

They are totally out of character and it feels like I'm playing a 1990's console shooter.

I love your map & mod and DayZ Namalsk was what normal DayZ should have been long, long ago.

However the recent addition of Bloodsuckers and that flashing event that knocks you unconsious has stepped over a line from awesome PvP/PvE challenge to a daft, fantasy/horror/weird bag of nonsense and has totally put me off playing.

I hope you will reconsider these add-ons.

Thanks.

Please read up thread. Bloodsuckers and EVR are options that can be disabled and indeed are disabled in the vast majority of Namalsk servers. If yours hasn't talk to your admin or find a new one. Don't assume that half of the features that make Namalsk unique should be eliminated because they don't suit your vision of what DayZ Namalsk should be, especially when the man has gone to the extraordinary step of making them optional, as I said.

Edited by sp86
  • Like 3

Stick around after a hacker sets a nuke off. It's unpleasant.

They can disrupt any sane activity on a server already. At least they will do this with style.

They can disrupt any sane activity on a server already. At least they will do this with style.

I was referring specifically to the radiation. It's far more persistent than just killing everyone until they leave (stays till restart).

Edited by sp86

I've got a question regarding the animals.

Am I only one having problems with the meat? I haven't got any problems looting them on any other map, but on EVERY Namalsk server, I'm not even allowed to enter the gearmenu.

There is a BIG bloodsucker bug on .73, me and my friend just faced 6 Bloodsuckers at ONE Time in norinsk on IoGC server. impossible to stay alive, more we killed more spawn again...

Edited by garack
  • Like 1

There is a BIG bloodsucker bug on .73, me and my friend just faced 6 Bloodsuckers at ONE Time in norinsk on IoGC server. impossible to stay alive, more we killed more spawn again...

If I remember right there are two or three BS spawns around Norinsk, either the server you play on has 200% bloodsuckers (which would be hilarious) or somebody kited three from the c130 and lost them in Norinsk (they just kind of hang out where you lose them in my experience).

• Like 1

That's not a bug garack, Iv'e taken out 10 myself at the c130. As sp86 has said they can be taken to other sites and redirected to other players, I've done this myself a few times.

Our spawn rate is not 200% lolz it's 80%.

• Like 1

Oh, hi trichome. I like your server very much cause its 1 person and always up to date and hacker free. Like the new stats on the hp either.

When its no bug, then its very hard. we experienced the same overkill on bloodsuckers @0.72 on iOGC. We where in a house @Sebjan Mine. And as soon as we killed one BS another one spawned in. We where 3 guys with m249Saw and had enough ammo, but finally we had to run cause the spawn seems endless...

i like the new survival namalsk very much, the event and the bs are best idea ever in dayZ, but i mean 10 BS is just too much to survive..

sure you can run, they dont like buildings very much or cant climb. but sometimes theygetin buildings and spawn over and over again...theres no way to kill them all.

suggestion: make BS in one area (like 100m) not more then 3. despawn them if more.

Edited by garack

Just like to add my support to Sumrak for DayZ Namalsk, one of the reasons I returned to DayZ after leaving many months ago.

The independant/community developers have revitalised the Mod and I am enjoying playing now more than ever.

Long may it continue.

Oh, hi trichome. I like your server very much cause its 1 person and always up to date and hacker free. Like the new stats on the hp either.

When its no bug, then its very hard. we experienced the same overkill on bloodsuckers @0.72 on iOGC. We where in a house @Sebjan Mine. And as soon as we killed one BS another one spawned in. We where 3 guys with m249Saw and had enough ammo, but finally we had to run cause the spawn seems endless...

i like the new survival namalsk very much, the event and the bs are best idea ever in dayZ, but i mean 10 BS is just too much to survive..

sure you can run, they dont like buildings very much or cant climb. but sometimes theygetin buildings and spawn over and over again...theres no way to kill them all.

suggestion: make BS in one area (like 100m) not more then 3. despawn them if more.

You should only get large amounts at high value mil sites, with the c130 at norinsk tunnel; norinsk can be a bit of a hot spot for bs as well as A2. You should not see those numbers at the smaller mil sites like the western checkpoint and similar sites. Well at least thats been my experience so far.

Glad you like the server, we try to do our best keeping the script kiddies at bay and will always have the latest updates as they come out.

Please read up thread. Bloodsuckers and EVR are options that can be disabled and indeed are disabled in the vast majority of Namalsk servers. If yours hasn't talk to your admin or find a new one. Don't assume that half of the features that make Namalsk unique should be eliminated because they don't suit your vision of what DayZ Namalsk should be, especially when the man has gone to the extraordinary step of making them optional, as I said.

Standard DayZ Namalsk is great, it's the Bloodsucker I loathe, they are stupid, childish, dumb, patheric creations that have no place in DayZ, they totally ruin the game. They need to be removed.

Standard DayZ Namalsk is great, it's the Bloodsucker I loathe, they are stupid, childish, dumb, patheric creations that have no place in DayZ, they totally ruin the game. They need to be removed.

Blackadder confirmed for casual deathmatcher.

Or, you know... another person who doesn't like bloodsuckers in a zombie game. By all means make zombies and the environment a larger threat, but invisible hard hitting bullet sponges? No. They really don't have a place in DayZ. Everything in DayZ is geared towards a fast kill, but the hunt is where the tension is created. Whether you're being hunted or hunting someone/thing else it's always tense.

That's what I like about DayZ, but bloodsuckers definitely ruin it, along with the EVR sequence. They belong in STALKER because STALKER is built to accommodate those types of enemies/play.

It's also why Namalsk went from my most played map to my least, because it was good how it was.

Edited by Cerbo Knight
  • Like 1

You should only get large amounts at high value mil sites, with the c130 at norinsk tunnel; norinsk can be a bit of a hot spot for bs as well as A2. You should not see those numbers at the smaller mil sites like the western checkpoint and similar sites. Well at least thats been my experience so far.

Glad you like the server, we try to do our best keeping the script kiddies at bay and will always have the latest updates as they come out.

well, today four BS just popped up in one of the western barracks and knocked me unconcious when I wanted to leave it...

there was neither roaring nor footsteps before <_<

Or, you know... another person who doesn't like bloodsuckers in a zombie game.

But like deathmatchers keep telling me, it's not a zombie survival game, it's a PVP game with zombies in it. A bloodsucker is effectively just a big nasty zombie.

By all means make zombies and the environment a larger threat, but invisible hard hitting bullet sponges? No. They really don't have a place in DayZ.

Why not?

Everything in DayZ is geared towards a fast kill, but the hunt is where the tension is created. Whether you're being hunted or hunting someone/thing else it's always tense.

And an incredibly dangerous enemy that can come out of nowhere and shift the balance of a firefight don't add to the tension?

That's what I like about DayZ, but bloodsuckers definitely ruin it, along with the EVR sequence.

The EVR is an easily managed environmental hazard. It's already been nerfed once.

They belong in STALKER because STALKER is built to accommodate those types of enemies/play.

They fit just fine into DayZ. Anything that adds to the environmental hazard is, in my opinion, a welcome addition.

It's also why Namalsk went from my most played map to my least, because it was good how it was.

Your loss.

They belong in STALKER because STALKER is built to accommodate those types of enemies/play.

For me, they seem to fit DayZ perfectly fine. The more diverse environmental hazards we have, the better. I'd say Fallout-style random encounters (with some WTF flavor) would be great to have also.

Rocket doesn't want this though, DayZ legend is quite solid when it comes to realism. (but I don't see anything wrong with random encounters, because it's a gameplay feature and has nothing to do with legend)

Edited by KizUrazgubi
  • Like 1

OK, someone else may have asked this.But this isn't for where to download, i already have it, if ever attempt to join a Nalmask (any bonus map really) i always get greeted by a "Bad Server" , i download the maps version (currently 0.73 for Nalmask) through Dayz Commander. Am i missing a file? Is there something wrong with EVERY server i join? I would like some help if possible

Edited by DaringDont

To all who are complaining about the EVR or bloodsuckers, please read what I have said numerous of times now (or what other guys said in this thread) - I won't be removing them from the mod completely, I will continue to improve them, removing is up to you guys, I gave the tools for it. I completely respect that everyone has their own opinion on these new features and that is exactly the reason why I just did not forced these things. Even gauss rifle (ER7) is now optional + you can even turn off loot spawns of sniper rifles entirely. And as I saw many times since .72/.73 release, people are using these server side configurations, everyone can find server to suit their gameplay style.

-

I've got a question regarding the animals.

Am I only one having problems with the meat? I haven't got any problems looting them on any other map, but on EVERY Namalsk server, I'm not even allowed to enter the gearmenu.

I cannot really confirm this, I got reports about disappearing animals though (I will try to address this problem). IF I will meet some animal ( :D ), I will take a look on this problem to see if I can reproduce it.

Just like to add my support to Sumrak for DayZ Namalsk, one of the reasons I returned to DayZ after leaving many months ago.

The independant/community developers have revitalised the Mod and I am enjoying playing now more than ever.

Long may it continue.

I am glad to hear that, thanks! :)

Hey Sumrak, any more updates will coming when they are done, or is the mod now final?

DayZ Namalsk is still in its development phase, as you can see, currently it is in 0.73 version, so we have still long way before 1.00, currently I would like to synchronize the next release with the 1.7.5 DayZMod release. There are already plenty of things waiting ;)

• Like 2

...actually, quite the opposite.

I play for the long term: a lone wolf out for survival, avoiding contact with players at all costs.

DayZ for me has always been about my ability to survive in a post-apocalyse land for as long as possible and not killing players for the sake of it, which I have never done.

I understand DayZ Namalsk is an alternative vision of DayZ, but I feel it may go too far and become a different game that just has elements of DayZ as a side note.

... everyone can find server to suit their gameplay style.

Not until I get my server up and running, like I said there's only one server advertising all three options and it's in Germany. :|

I did finally get an ER7 though, posted up on a hill half a kilometer from old hospital, saw two bandits camping the roofs and decided to take them. Second one was dead before the first hit the ground. I was cackling like a madman. :beans:

I cannot really confirm this, I got reports about disappearing animals though (I will try to address this problem). IF I will meet some animal ( :D ), I will take a look on this problem to see if I can reproduce it.

I can confirm both animal and player bodies despawning in Namalsk. I have no idea what might cause it though.

DayZ for me has always been about my ability to survive in a post-apocalyse land for as long as possible and not killing players for the sake of it, which I have never done.

Then really you should welcome a fresh challenge.

I understand DayZ Namalsk is an alternative vision of DayZ, but I feel it may go too far and become a different game that just has elements of DayZ as a side note.

I don't even understand this. Sumrak could add zombie grizzly bears, sharks, pond piranhas and mormon missionaries to Namalsk and if the survival aspect was still there I'd still play it. BS and EVR add new environmental challenges, and frankly, the DayZ formula could benefit from legitimately dangerous challenges other than other players.

Edited by sp86

Well he's right.. bloodsuckers and those rifles coming from halo and alien are childish, ruining any "original/genuine" dayz mood, basically they are made for those 12yo kids screaming: "loooooooook!! A MONSTER!!! bang bang bang" .. luckily they provided a way to remove em, and in fact most of the succesfull Namalsk servers doesn't have any BS (acronym for BloodSuckers or even BullShit) and NVR.

It's not a matter of making it harder/easier to play.. none is afraid to die in a videogame lol, it's a matter of atmosphere: most of us "old players" have started dayz because of a survival zombies realistic (whenever you can call zombies "realistic") experience, we play (i host) Namalsk because it's a nice map, to give ppl an althernative to Chernarus (and other great maps), not to find aliens and other shit.. otherwise we'll go play another game rather than this. :)

Well he's right.. bloodsuckers and those rifles coming from halo and alien are childish, ruining any "original/genuine" dayz mood, basically they are made for those 12yo kids screaming: "loooooooook!! A MONSTER!!! bang bang bang" .. luckily they provided a way to remove em, and in fact most of the succesfull Namalsk servers doesn't have any BS (acronym for BloodSuckers or even BullShit) and NVR.

It's not a matter of making it harder/easier to play.. none is afraid to die in a videogame lol, it's a matter of atmosphere: most of us "old players" have started dayz because of a survival zombies realistic (whenever you can call zombies "realistic") experience, we play (i host) Namalsk because it's a nice map, to give ppl an althernative to Chernarus (and other great maps), not to find aliens and other shit.. otherwise we'll go play another game rather than this. :)

• Like 1