Sumrak

DayZ: Namalsk

Just updated our group's "comic log" with Namalsk-related strips --> http://dayzmod.com/f...d-comic-strips/

It would be cool if Arma could simulate radiation poisoning... not necessarily "*EVR Bang* you lost 6k+ health", but more likely "*EVR Bang* now my character vomits and coughs, losing health bit by bit during x period of time or until I eat antidotes".

Edited by Kuikka
  • Like 1

So you're saying that I have to run about for an extra 7 hours to fight these things?

Allow me to reiterate, they're easily downable with a crossbow. Unfortunately they eat the bolts, but that's a whole other thing.

Personally I believe you're not taking into account that not everyone is instantly geared and some people need to go to risky places full with other players to get some good loot such as Object All.

So hit Northern Army Base, Western Checkpoint, Southern Army Base, Seraja, or Nitija. There are only a few spawns that are outside easy walking distance of these.

I'm being forced out of my favourite servers because of this update so I can find a server with no Bloodsuckers.

That's filthy casual talk.

Hey guys, 0.73 is out! :) (well it was out earlier his day, but these forums are now really slow..)

Nothing really huge and game breaking, but I felt, it was needed for you guys, so you can enjoy Namalsk through xmas :P.

Check the changelog on http://www.nightstal...u=en_dn_changes (or here - http://dayzmod.com/f...40#entry1065163)

As always, get client/mod files on http://www.nightstal...nu=en_dn_player

Server things are this time nothing really serious, just a couple of BE filter changes and mission file change, get it on http://www.nightstal...nu=en_dn_server

Enjoy! :thumbsup:

As always, please give some time to guys from DZC and SU to include this release on their FTPs.

Edited by Sumrak
  • Like 1

Well, basically the in building check is the same the DayZMod itself is using, so there are more things broken on that place, not only related to EVR, could you please send me a picture of the exact industrial building?

Happens to several other buildings too, me and my friends just discovered.

But it seems you lost blood cause the blood is red, after log to lobby and back you have full blood again.

Some other buildings seems to work, no red blood symbol at all after the event.

Dont know

Dont know jet if its depending on buildings or other variables..and the forum here are hell bugged.

Edited by garack

What if you have no friends? :(

then you've got bigger problems then surviving on namalsk.

if you mean, you have no friends playing dayz - it's not impossible to find people for a group.

if you want to let the inner rambo out, noone stops you - but don't complain if you just keep dying.

So this may be possible only in case of DayZ Commander - and even then, it would just kill the mod files itself (for users, who do not want to mess with their pbos manually), focusing it only for running DayZ, nothing more.

i don't have to mess with any pbo's, just copy the dayz files into dayz_namalsk works :)

anyways, are there any plans to fix this with a future update?

Allow me to reiterate, they're easily downable with a crossbow. Unfortunately they eat the bolts, but that's a whole other thing.

three of them are easily downable with a single g17 mag, takes 3-4 shots to the head.

Edited by Azrail

But it seems you lost blood cause the blood is red, after log to lobby and back you have full blood again.

This is happening to me too, with mags for example, I can log off while having 1 round and after relog it will reload to full, not sure what is happening, probably something is not saving properly, maybe this is related to the blood too.

I can try to use in building check on different selection of buildings to see what is wrong.

if you mean, you have no friends playing dayz - it's not impossible to find people for a group.

if you want to let the inner rambo out, noone stops you - but don't complain if you just keep dying.

i don't have to mess with any pbo's, just copy the dayz files into dayz_namalsk works :)

anyways, are there any plans to fix this with a future update?

three of them are easily downable with a single g17 mag, takes 3-4 shots to the head.

You are right, maybe finally thing, which will force players to cooperate? :D

-

I meant it like that - even inside DZC folder DayZ_Namalsk, there is still Namalsk Crisis modification present, that is Arma II mod, under which is DayZ: Namalsk running. If you add DayZ files to it (I mean directly all pbos to it), it wont work, it will just be for DayZ, you wont be able to try Namalsk Crisis itself (campaign, etc.), because it will have DayZMod with it, which locks most of the stuff.

-

Oh really? Well we will see in 0.73 ^_^

I was responding to someone's post that the only way to survive is to play with friends.

Being a "mature" player, many of my friends wouldnt know what an Xbox is let alone DayZ. But in saying that i havent really had that much trouble hooking up with people in game.

I not really a Rambo type tbh - more of a sneaky axe weilding maniac. Not very effective against bloodsuckers i must say!

Loving Namalsk though - great job!

Edited by DemonGroover

I was responding to someone's post that the only way to survive is to play with friends.

that was me.

and i never said it's the only way.

but i would say it's the best way.

teamwork rocks.

Loving Namalsk though - great job!

that's the spirit <3

You are right, maybe finally thing, which will force players to cooperate? :D

There is always hope...

I meant it like that - even inside DZC folder DayZ_Namalsk, there is still Namalsk Crisis modification present, that is Arma II mod, under which is DayZ: Namalsk running. If you add DayZ files to it (I mean directly all pbos to it), it wont work, it will just be for DayZ, you wont be able to try Namalsk Crisis itself (campaign, etc.), because it will have DayZMod with it, which locks most of the stuff.

Ah, I get it now.

Not that it should be high priority, just wondering,

are there any plans to fix this at any point in time?

Oh really? Well we will see in 0.73 ^_^

Thought so :D

Can't wait!

Yesterday i saw them running through buildings and climbing ladders,

but it still seems bugged, most of the time they just stand about, doing nothing.

Almost appears like they have trouble to interact with things built by humans, but they learn.

Edited by Azrail
  • Like 1

A message to Sumrak:

I'm reading a lot of complaints about the Bloodsucker being too powerful and mean and many people are asking you to remove it or nerf it. I just have one thing to say: look at the zombies right now.

They used to be a pain in the ass some months ago and many people cried and begged (ME INCLUDED) Rocket to nerf them and fix their random and glitchy movements and their speed. Look at them now, they are a fucking joke. Moving objects in your way to find weapos and kill other players. Run behind a building, hide in some trees, dodge them and move a bit while you shoot, hell, you can even loot an entire place without shooting a bullet just running and hiding.

+1

I was actually wondering if it would've been possible for you to change the current behavior of zeds. Initially, infected would never lose aggro and they would just hunt you till they died. Yes, it was somewhat silly and really infuriating if you happened to run out of ammo, but it made for some incredibly tense moments when looting cities. People were actually more afraid of zombies than other players, since the chance of you coming across a player is quite low, but one false move and you could be facing a horde of 30+ zombies that you had to kill or they'd hunt you forever.

You had to watch your every move, if a zombie noticed you, you had to quickly maneuver between houses and alleys, hoping that killing him wouldn't attract five more. Finally, when things went wrong, they really went wrong. Whole population of the town wrong. It was fantastic.

I don't know if it's even possible to do, but if it is, please consider making it an optional feature of the map. Namalsk has already introduced many players to the joys of a more survival-focused gameplay. It would've been great if th

Edited by eel
  • Like 2

Posted this in Dayz.st thread as well:

Last Bliss instance is more than a month old.. is it still supported? Namalsk is doing bad, i've insted time to customize it, and to build a userbase over it... but .. kill messages are not working, server messages are not working, i can't customize the gear spawn, the custom buildings are not working.. dunno if it's time to switch to another map or what, if it won't be supported (by Bliss) anymore it would be better to tell us now, instead of let us hoping "one day...".

=====

Honestly, withot having the control of weapons and building it just doesn't fit my server anymore, but before deciding to switch to another "proper" DayZ map and basically fuck all my user-base, i would like to know if there's a talking ongoing with Bliss or what...

Havent played Namalsk for an age. Didnt know there was going to be such major gameplay changes. Im looking forward to trying it out.

I quite like the changes... Although i think i should be able to eat the blood suckers! They look like they would taste like chicken... Just because the evaporating animal issue needs of settin.. Or fixin.. Other day i went through two rabbits, one cow, one goat and a pig before finally got a sheep who didnt vanish into thin air. And had starved to below 3k blood at that stage. I had bAsically gone lemgth o map at that stage

. So the rare animal spawn. Would be sufficent.. If half o them werent ghost animals.. That vanish before yah eyes... End gripe

"For three hours I ran around the map looking for food and weapons. I finally had some luck, getting decent rifles in a military compound"

You cannot run for 3 hours without having an EVR event.

There were indeed a few EVR events.

And you are not being "killed randomly for no reason", you are being killed by EVR event, that is simply the way Namalsk is done now, Namalsk does not want you to live. So as I said, if you don't like EVR, you have choice of selecting different server with EVR off or you can just return to Chernarus or any other of the community maps.

But that's exactly what an EVR event is: it happens randomly and for no reason. Therefore if you are killed by one, you're being killed randomly and for no reason. No character or actor of any kind in the game killed you, just an automatic, universal death machine. It's like your dog tripped over the computer's power cable and pulled it out of the wall: poof, you're gone, for no good reason.

As another player mentioned, it would be much better if the EVR caused symptoms that made survival difficult (e.g. blurred/monochrome vision, coughing, loss of stamina, shaky aim), rather than killing the player outright.

But the bottom line is, as long as the in-building detection is broken, the EVR should not take player health. As others have mentioned, I also suffered from EVR hits while inside several different buildings; in fact, I think the majority of the EVR events I encountered while inside buildings hit me anyway. This means that it is effectively impossible to take cover. This leaves the player with two options: disconnect or die. Think about it: if you have less than 50% health and an EVR is imminent, even if you're inside a building, are you going to take a chance on dying for nothing?

I also occasionally had zombies hitting me through barracks walls, and walking through the walls, so buildings are...frustrating. Please just disable the EVR health reduction until the building detection is reliable.

It should let you think: the most used (most players h24 on it) Namalsk server doesn't have EVR neither Bloodsuckers... you may say: that's because most of the DayZ players are casual player; i say the opposite: most of DayZ players wants to play DayZ not something else. Apart that Namalsk is a great map, but to be played in the traditional way...

But that's exactly what an EVR event is: it happens randomly and for no reason. Therefore if you are killed by one, you're being killed randomly and for no reason. No character or actor of any kind in the game killed you, just an automatic, universal death machine. It's like your dog tripped over the computer's power cable and pulled it out of the wall: poof, you're gone, for no good reason.

it doesn't happen for no reason - it happens because someone placed this wierd machine there, to protect from invaders, and apparently it still does the job...

evr and bs simply belong to the map. map features. don't like them?

easy fix: find a server which turns those off, or convince your admin that evr and bloodsuckers are bad.

• Like 1

Posted this in Dayz.st thread as well:

Last Bliss instance is more than a month old.. is it still supported? Namalsk is doing bad, i've insted time to customize it, and to build a userbase over it... but .. kill messages are not working, server messages are not working, i can't customize the gear spawn, the custom buildings are not working.. dunno if it's time to switch to another map or what, if it won't be supported (by Bliss) anymore it would be better to tell us now, instead of let us hoping "one day...".

=====

Honestly, withot having the control of weapons and building it just doesn't fit my server anymore, but before deciding to switch to another "proper" DayZ map and basically fuck all my user-base, i would like to know if there's a talking ongoing with Bliss or what...

There have been some issues last, Ayan havent got much time for updating to 0.72 (he had to solve some issues regarding pkg building), then he also reinstalled his OS, but everything was sorted out few days ago, the whole system is a bit different than before (I have my own repo, where I can update bliss files for Namalsk - I have still work to do on that, but hopefully I will deal with that within next few days).

If Namalsk simply wouldn't be supported by bliss, I would tell you that, don't worry. Keep in mind simple thing - people are doing everything here for free and in their own free time. They are investing their own free time and everything does not have to be instantly, immediately.

I quite like the changes... Although i think i should be able to eat the blood suckers! They look like they would taste like chicken... Just because the evaporating animal issue needs of settin.. Or fixin.. Other day i went through two rabbits, one cow, one goat and a pig before finally got a sheep who didnt vanish into thin air. And had starved to below 3k blood at that stage. I had bAsically gone lemgth o map at that stage

. So the rare animal spawn. Would be sufficent.. If half o them werent ghost animals.. That vanish before yah eyes... End gripe

Yeah.. I will rather take a look on the animal issue than adding ability to eat bloodsucker's meat. :D

There were indeed a few EVR events.

As another player mentioned, it would be much better if the EVR caused symptoms that made survival difficult (e.g. blurred/monochrome vision, coughing, loss of stamina, shaky aim), rather than killing the player outright.

But the bottom line is, as long as the in-building detection is broken, the EVR should not take player health. As others have mentioned, I also suffered from EVR hits while inside several different buildings; in fact, I think the majority of the EVR events I encountered while inside buildings hit me anyway. This means that it is effectively impossible to take cover. This leaves the player with two options: disconnect or die. Think about it: if you have less than 50% health and an EVR is imminent, even if you're inside a building, are you going to take a chance on dying for nothing?

I also occasionally had zombies hitting me through barracks walls, and walking through the walls, so buildings are...frustrating. Please just disable the EVR health reduction until the building detection is reliable.

It does not happens for no reason, it is happening simply because object A1 is present and it is doing wrong things, this was happening in Namalsk Crisis campaign (In a bit more controlled way, but still) and so its been added to DayZ. (but none is forced to it)

Yes, of course, those symptoms would be awesome, but most of these things would be ignored by players (shaking is useless mechanics since 3rd view available almost on all servers, blurred vision is of course nice too, but any advanced post process effects can be disabled using graphics settings,..). While I agree, that the blood loss is straightforward, it seems to be only way of doing that now - I want you to have respect from that.

It is nice to see players now starting chatting in side chat, seeing preparation phase sound / effects, all trying to find some building and survive before EVR will happen.

The building detection is basically the same script, which is also currently used by DayZMod, I will try to test it a bit more, but it should be already tweaked like 2 DayZMod versions back (looks like it needs more work). I got some reports of not working objects, but if you can remember any situation, where you got the hit even in building, please let me know, maybe I will be able to find some similarity between these objects and fix the algorithm for building check.

It should let you think: the most used (most players h24 on it) Namalsk server doesn't have EVR neither Bloodsuckers... you may say: that's because most of the DayZ players are casual player; i say the opposite: most of DayZ players wants to play DayZ not something else. Apart that Namalsk is a great map, but to be played in the traditional way...

I expected that these features will be the topic of discussions, well that's pretty much the reason why I gave you the option for turning these things off. And as I said earlier, I won't be removing them, I will keep improving them. Removing is up to you and your player base.

it doesn't happen for no reason - it happens because someone placed this wierd machine there, to protect from invaders, and apparently it still does the job...

evr and bs simply belong to the map. map features. don't like them?

easy fix: find a server which turns those off, or convince your admin that evr and bloodsuckers are bad.

:thumbsup:

I played this map for the very first time a few days ago with Zero knowledge about the map.

Looting was poor, so I had but a macaroni handgun with 3 clips, a empty shotgun and a can of coke. After finding a map I set off to the nearest buildings and pass through a forest with many low trees and low visibility. I hear something behind me but dismiss it as a sound effect like the "Help me" in the background. It gets louder and I turn and see movement but it vanishes. I'm worried at this point and head a little more straight to my destination.

Then I hear this unholy roar R I G H T - B E H I N D - M E. I run for dear life not daring to look back and I can hear something large on my heels. I make it to a industrial building (the tall intact one), climb to the roof and with shaky hands (IRL) I cover the only way up and wait. It doesn't follow me up but I hear it circling the building and more coming in the distance. So I'm stuck on the roof, near to starving, with the stopping power to take down a goat and not much else.

When it quiets down I venture to the bottom floor to see what i can find to aid my situation. I see several shotgun shells and try to see if any match my shotgun. When I reach the last pile SUDDENLY..... a player shoots me. -_-"

At least the blood sucker chasing me was now feasting on his brains as the camera pans away.

Great mod of DayZ, but reading another thread the blood suckers could use use a tweak where they only cloak when they get agro on you.

Edited by zatguy

Great mod of DayZ, but reading another thread the blood suckers could use use a tweak where they only cloak when they get agro on you.

I think it would take some of the punch away from BS encounters if a skillful player could sneak up on them and watch them picking their nose or whatever the hell they do when they're not roflstomping anyone dumb enough to casually stroll through their territory instead of taking it at a dead sprint*.

*This actually saved my life last night. I was running on Seraja and got jumped by someone I never saw. He shot, missed, I heard roaring so I didn't slow down. In a few seconds he flies into berserk mode, AK107 pissing lead like the chainsaw it is. It wasn't enough. His death message popped 10 seconds after the initial shot. I briefly considered looking for his body, but there were three sets of red eyes barreling towards me, and I didn't feel the need to take my MK48 loud so close to Seraja Army Base over some bambi's gear.

Edited by sp86
  • Like 1

Odd, I haven't seen red eyes when encountering bloodsuckers. I guess those can only be seen during night (gj daytime servers, lol).

I wonder if bloodsuckers could be much tougher mobs but not invisible as those are tricky as hell to spot and kill and they chase you a loooong way now (playing still in 0.72 server). And who said these things die easily? I always have to shoot one clip (30 rounds) with AK to it until it dies (I prefer torso shots - more sure hits). Might be a server lag issue?

I laughed like hell when we first met a horde of bloodsuckers. Our group's strategy - after hearing the first ones roar - was the following. Everyone gathered together, we formed a line guns pointed towards noice and started walking backwards. Then we hoped we can kill the beast in a controlled manner (without killing each others) when it appears. Well, first one appeared almost between us and someone managed to finish it when other ran away in chaos. As effective as 18th century warfare but it's working.

Edited by Kuikka

Odd, I haven't seen red eyes when encountering bloodsuckers. I guess those can only be seen during night (gj daytime servers, lol).

red eyes apparently show at night.

though at day, you can still see their eyes as small dots jumping up and down while they chase you, very hard to spot though.

they also leave footprints in the snow and i think i even saw their breath once.

as the sound is still broken it sounds like they are literally next to you, while actually being like 5 meter off, i hope they can fix the sound issues anytime soon :(

Hi All, hope you had a good xmas.

My thoughts on the new version of Namalsk are it's bloody awesome. Our server has never been busier and we have EVR and 80% chance of bloodsuckers appearing. Our members love it, dayz now acually feels like its hard again and sumrak I and our growing member base thank you for that.

Were on the bliss repo but tbh we don't have kill msgs or messaging enabled (Hardcore setup)so for us it's been business as usual, I've edited the server and mission pbo's myself to add in a few missing bliss packages mainly carepkgs and wrecks and they seem to be working fine.

keep up the good work Sumrak :thumbsup:

Cant wait for the next update B)

• Like 1

Single Bloodsucker today killed me with M16 with no problems at all. "little stun" results in uncontrollable moves in different directions after it and it becomes impossible to shot the beast.

was loving namalsk until you added evr + bloodsuckers , great ideas, poorly implemented.

Experiance one..... running down street @ old hospital, see lightening....wtf is that? ...gets worse, ok so i run into school, inside right?(not that i even knew at time) . Bang!, ko'd and passed out with zombies already eating me. Manage to kill z and limp away with very low blood. Luckily enough i was at hospital so wasnt longer before someone came and gave a transfusion. Thought i got hit by lightening, great effect , look up on net , LOSE 6K blood instantly WTF? HOW DO YOU LOGIC?

exp 2, same life , running through forest, full health just found g36 3 clips, get attacked by 1 bloodsucker, take him out with 60 bullets from g36...read TWO WHOLE CLIPS FROM ASSUALT RIFLE , FOR 1 BS. Admittdly they wernt headshots mostly chest. Ok sweet that was intense but made it out alive, 200m down road get hit by 3 more blood suckers, after using 2/3 clips on 1 BS i wasnt thinking optimistically here. Turns out a player had heard previous shoot and instead of providing assistance he takes me out with 1 shot and ends my suffering. ( WHAT CANT FIGHT THEM ALONE TEAM UP no worries .....use me as bait while other person shoots me then BS's)

exp 3 fresh spawn (w/ mp5 - server option).Crossing over a mountain. reach top of mountain lightening starts, ...ok im about 1000m from nearest building ....great 20 seconds to find cover guess i cant do shit. get ko'd lose half health, WHILE IM STILL UNCONCIOUS 2 bloodsuckers spawn/appear ONTOP of my ko'd body. i havnt looted ANYTHING yet. I take one down, with a carefully controlled clip to the head. start running from 2nd bs.... a THIRD spawns in. .....FUCK THIS SHIT RAGE QUIT.

that about sums up my opinion of EVR + Bloodsuckers.

there were no glitches invovled in my story just exactly how the designer intended.

i am aware that you are not rocket, however something he said once comes to mind, events should be player driven , not random. Let the players fill the world with stories, adventure and exicitment. Your trying to force people to do things a certain way , thats bull, dayz has always been about playing whatever style you want. This is so unfair to people by themselves. No way a single player can keep up the blood demand let alone carry the blood bags even if he could use them, and there isnt enough animals to be constantly killing them for blood upkeep. Play with freinds you say? .....Considering the lack of team/group playing support Dayz provides surely you jest.

I do like the new additions but you buffed them way to much.

Bloodsuckers

invisible

huge health

fast

heaps of damage.

spawns in packs,

doesnt lose agro.

TAKE ONE OF THESE AWAY NO MORE. and perfect.

evr

random

no warning

takes half health. and ko's

reduce the 6k blood drop. 3k would be managable.

good thing the antidote for this is on a randomly spawned creature that new spawns have slim chance of surviving let alone killing.

The way u have it setup is if poeple have top-teir equipment , then it negates these challenges you have put in. High-powered weps kill bloodsuckers more easier therefore u get the ASNI (watever is it) protection, why make it easier for top-teir to survive, when this random even is just going to wipe the low-tiers out ...repeatedly , giving the top-teir players ANOTHER advatange as few people will be able to gear up before being wiped .

maybe have them scale the what difficulty the server is on ie hardcore/veteran has stronger effect , normal has less.

you say the EVR is in line with a story , have it player activated from A1, only availible every hour or 2. That way it isnt random. Someone went and secured a base and has to be in that location to use it, allowing said person to be hunted and killed, thereby stopping any further events until someone else tries.

thanks for your time. will not be playing namalsk(previously fav map) until fixed.

Single Bloodsucker today killed me with M16 with no problems at all. "little stun" results in uncontrollable moves in different directions after it and it becomes impossible to shot the beast.

That happens whenever there's an input interrupt (unconcious, ejected from a vehicle, whatever). You have to tap the direction you were going before you got hit.

evr

random

Not random. Happens predictably every 45-90 minutes. Median, and mean both being 60 minutes.

no warning

This is just bullshit. In the latest update the rumbling starts 4 minutes out, and if you have post-processing on your entire world fills with static almost two minutes beforehand.

takes half health. and ko's

That's why you have four minutes to get in a building, or why smart players are rewarded for hitting the Heli Crashes and C130 Wreck and finding an APSI.

The only issue I've had is after dropping two Bloodsuckers, one of them had a context option to take mutant heart, the first time in about 100 BS kills that I've seen the option, but when I opened his inventory there was nothing, additionally the context option to take the heart was gone. This also happened to one of my squadmates, with the additional glitch that after trying to take the heart the Sucker's body took off sliding away from him at full speed. Granted, it was hilarious, but disappointing.

As an afterthought, I was impressed that they can take a barrett shot to the chest now and keep coming, I guess my days of killing them with crossbows are over.

Edited by sp86