On the Coast

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:16 PM

Namalsk is an awesome map, looking forward to 0.7 ^^

Imo a few things could be improved, tho:

1) No good spots to build a camp/base
Nobody bothers to build camps or even hide a tent on Namalsk. It could use some small islands that can only be reached by boat or helicopter.

2) Spawn points are too spread out imo
- Survival becomes kinda meaningless if you can just respawn near your corpse and get your gear back in no time.
- Every fresh spawn can make a quick trip to A2 and pick up the gauss rifle. It lessens the feeling of travelling, exploring, and risk vs reward.
- Makes meeting with friends a chore.

btw is there any way to download the source files for the map?

Edited by derLoko, 11 December 2012 - 10:37 PM.

#442 ‮spacecaps

‮spacecaps

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:24 PM

Either way, it's survival of the fittest.

All right, in that sense I agree that those guys who camp A2 ladder 24/7 are the fittest. How exciting. Enjoy the ultimate world of autism.

Edit: I hope you know that thermal clothes exist in real life. You know real people have thermal clothes and can sit in snow without shivering? It might be a bit chilly but it works. You just can't tell that it's cold cause it's a game.

Sure, I live in a pretty cold place and I own some thermal clothing myself. But in a game I prefer the diversity and balance over realism. It's just my opinion, of course.

Edited by KizUrazgubi, 11 December 2012 - 11:25 PM.

• Cerbo Knight gave their beans

#443 Ski

Ski

Scavenger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:59 PM

It has been a long time since it "appeared" that Namalsk .7 was going to be released, is there any progress to report on this map update?

And if there isn't, can someone please explain to me how to get my Dayz 1.7.4.4 server to work with Namalsk .6? Nobody wants to roll Dayz back to 1.7.3 to play on our Namalsk server. I really need to get it updated to 1.7.4.4 and if the .7 is not coming soon, help explain how to get .6 running please.

Thanks,
Ski

#444 @ST

@ST

Survivor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Locationa space in time

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:31 PM

It has been a long time since it "appeared" that Namalsk .7 was going to be released, is there any progress to report on this map update?

And if there isn't, can someone please explain to me how to get my Dayz 1.7.4.4 server to work with Namalsk .6? Nobody wants to roll Dayz back to 1.7.3 to play on our Namalsk server. I really need to get it updated to 1.7.4.4 and if the .7 is not coming soon, help explain how to get .6 running please.

Thanks,
Ski

I don´t understand why you have to 'roll back' something.
I´m using SIX, playing DayZ at 1.744 and Namalsk at 1.73 simultaneously without problems.

#445 Ski

Ski

Scavenger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:07 PM

I don´t understand why you have to 'roll back' something.
I´m using SIX, playing DayZ at 1.744 and Namalsk at 1.73 simultaneously without problems.

Yes, you can do that with the community tools. But looking at the server browser it appears "most" people are playing Namalsk servers updated to the 1.7.4.4 patch. I do not know why, but I know my server is dead since 1.7.4.4 and those Namalsk servers that somehow are running it have more people.

So if anyone has a link to the files to update Namalsk .6 to work with dayz 1.7.4.4 I would appreciate it.

Seems to be more delays to the release of Namalsk .7 for some reason.

Ski

#446 SmashT

SmashT

Does all the things

• DayZ Forum Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6698 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:30 PM

Cleaned up the thread, please don't derail it with debates over first/third person mode, there are plenty of other threads already discussing that specifically, this isn't the place, if it continues I will start issuing warnings.

Edited by smasht_AU, 12 December 2012 - 06:36 PM.

• Boneboys and Fraggle gave their beans

#447 Sumrak

Sumrak

Survivor

• DayZ Hero
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • LocationCzech Republic

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:25 AM

Seems to be more delays to the release of Namalsk .7 for some reason.

The reason is simple - not enough of my precious free time and testing all the things in the upcoming update.
I've changed / added quite lot of things and no matter what I have to be sure everything is working correctly, otherwise, it will break DayZ and Namalsk Crisis together.

I don't want to spend too much time writing something, lets say, I REALLY WANT to have this update on your hdd before this weekend so you all can enjoy new version through this weekend! ;)
  • Azrail gave their beans

#448 Sumrak

Sumrak

Survivor

• DayZ Hero
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • LocationCzech Republic

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:07 PM

The current build (v0.72) just got GO from me. I am going to prepare the release.
  • Azrail and Jayz gave their beans

#449 Sumrak

Sumrak

Survivor

• DayZ Hero
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • LocationCzech Republic

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:32 PM

Namalsk is an awesome map, looking forward to 0.7 ^^

Imo a few things could be improved, tho:

1) No good spots to build a camp/base
Nobody bothers to build camps or even hide a tent on Namalsk. It could use some small islands that can only be reached by boat or helicopter.

2) Spawn points are too spread out imo
- Survival becomes kinda meaningless if you can just respawn near your corpse and get your gear back in no time.
- Every fresh spawn can make a quick trip to A2 and pick up the gauss rifle. It lessens the feeling of travelling, exploring, and risk vs reward.
- Makes meeting with friends a chore.

btw is there any way to download the source files for the map?

Thanks, yes, I would love to have more terrain, but there is little to no time for that.
I guess I wanted to have these spawn points spread out because of fresh spawn killing - I know, I cannot avoid that completely, but when you get spawns enough spread out, you have very high chances of surviving. Not to mention, that spawn point algorithm seems to select very small amount of spawn points on Namalsk, so, it would be too hardcore to actually have all the spawns on the northen coast for example. You cannot avoid people picking up their bodies too, Namalsk is just too small. How many fresh spawns did you managed to get into A2 and picking up gauss rifle? From my testing and what you guys reported, gauss rifle seems to be pretty rare :D

#450 Azrail

Azrail

Bean King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:57 PM

I don't want to spend too much time writing something, lets say, I REALLY WANT to have this update on your hdd before this weekend so you all can enjoy new version through this weekend! ;)

take your time, it's your baby.
release when you think it's ready.

editZ: w00t, this was quick :D

Edited by Azrail, 13 December 2012 - 12:57 PM.

1-4-C 1 (Pr0k1l0r): "friendly at NW airfield? I enter SE, please don't shoot"
Pr0k1l0r was killed
Pr0k1l0r is loosing connection

#451 Sumrak

Sumrak

Survivor

• DayZ Hero
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • LocationCzech Republic

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:06 PM

release when you think it's ready.

World would end first before that :D

#452 @ST

@ST

Survivor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Locationa space in time

Posted 13 December 2012 - 01:44 PM

I just hope you could fix the aiming for warm clothes...

#453 Sumrak

Sumrak

Survivor

• DayZ Hero
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • LocationCzech Republic

Posted 13 December 2012 - 02:24 PM

I just hope you could fix the aiming for warm clothes...

It is looking good, so I hope it will be fine :)

#454 Ski

Ski

Scavenger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:30 PM

The current build (v0.72) just got GO from me. I am going to prepare the release.

Great news!

I by no means meant my previous post to sound like I was not apprecitive of your work. I understand you want everything working prefect before your release and you had issue to work out.

Ski

#455 daltonxj

daltonxj

On the Coast

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:38 PM

We would be fighting the real fight instead of practicing in the game LOL
Posted Image

#456 sp86

sp86

Bean King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts
  • LocationLurking in the Forest

Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:44 PM

From my testing and what you guys reported, gauss rifle seems to be pretty rare :D

I've been farming over a week and have not seen one. I've found seven M136's (useless), 6 barretts, a dozen or so lmgs, and enough ACOGs to invade a third world country. Either the spawn is broken on the server I frequent or I'm the unluckiest sum'bitch on the planet.
Public Hive Black Market Trader

http://znclan.com/forums

#457 Sumrak

Sumrak

Survivor

• DayZ Hero
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 112 posts
  • LocationCzech Republic

Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:31 PM

Hey guys! So, its finally here, new version of DayZ: Namalsk!

Before any download links etc., let me describe this update a bit:
I would like to say first, I'm sorry for the several delays of the release, but I was unfortunately not able to do it quicker because of several time issues and size of the update.
So, what you can find in this update? Lots of things! Lets begin!

> Enhanced atmosphere
Christmas are just knocking on our doors and so winter is coming on Namalsk. This update enhances immersion by adding falling snow, so when the temperature is appropriate, you no longer see rain, but sweet snowfall! But that is not all, I've also added breath fog effect, so you could really feel that cold weather on Namalsk is around you, the breathing fog effect is changing based on what you are doing (if you are running - it is more visible and with faster cycles). As always, temperature script is reflecting the changes in the weather and you will feel the cold when snow starts falling!
Also, from the reports it seems, C130-J Hercules crashed on the western ridge of southern part, be sure to check that area for some goodies!

> Christmas gifts
Lots of goodies under Christmas tree! So lets begin, you can now loot white version of warm clothes and ghillie suit (but you wont know what version you got until you wear it!) - well just like gift should be! We also got new & nice backpack, which takes a place of the coyote backpack, which is now more rare than before and even removed from the standard military loot. But that is not all, loot tables were invaded by LOTS of new weapons - G36 versions, AK-74 versions (including very fun machine gun RPK-74), AK-107 versions, Saiga shotgun, PK, Pecheneg machine guns, even golden AKS or mighty KSVK! All of these weapons are of course carefully splitted into different loot tables based on their efficiency. This change will mix with the loot tables a lot, making every gun more rare than before.

> Gameplay additions & changes
New stuff to see!
First is EVR sequence from Namalsk Crisis story (if you know Blowout from STALKER, this is something pretty similar). EVR sequence is huge discharge generated from A1 device (of, btw. I changed names on the map from AII - A2, so everyone can finally name it properly :P), which was controlled until infection, by NAC, who used it for their own experiments and also as a weapon. I wont be going into details about it, you can play Namalsk Crisis if you really want to know what this is all about :) I will tell you more about the facts around EVR. It is basically a event, which is sometimes around every 45 - 90 minutes generated by server. This event is accompanied by nice visual and sound effects and it is pretty dangerous for the players, who does not care about it. The radiation, which is emitted by A1 discharge is pretty dangerous to the human brain (unfortunately, infected brains does not counts) and it will really hurt (-6500 blood if you ask me) if you don't follow basic rules.
There are probably 3 possible situations how to deal with EVR:
a) Ignore it and be dead or almost dead, consequences: unconsciousness for around 40 secs, bad vision, -6500 blood, big pain (need painkillers)
B) Take a cover in any better building, consequences: unconsciousness for around 40 secs, bad vision, big pain (need painkillers)
c) Be lucky and loot "APSI" (protection device developed by NAC), consequences: none, lots of fun shooting the rest of unconsciousness survivors :D
Some screenshot how it looks during EVR: http://download.nigh...ma2/blowout.jpg

The second is the new type of creature - bloodsucker! There has been lots of speculations about its existence on Namalsk, I have to say now officially that since 0.72 its true! (not hacked!)
Lets start with some pictures - at night: http://download.nigh...zn/070test3.jpg, at daylight: http://download.nigh.../arma2/son6.jpg
So, what this thing does? Why I should be aware of them?
Bloodsucker is mostly cloaked (he has to "decloak" when he wants to attack).
Bloodsucker is very fast and hes not losing the target, so you just have to deal with him somehow
Bloodsucker has really dangerous meele attack, if you will try to engage him like normal infected, you will probably end up lying dead on the ground
Bloodsucker is generating sounds like classic infected in DayZ, so you can expect where he should be +/-
I heard they like helicrash loot and tasty barracks, you may not going there alone, these creatures may require cooperation between more players, someone like speed tank, others carefully shooting
And no, unfortunately they are not hitting infected :( Although I wanted and have that implemented, I was just too much worried you would use that for your own interests :D Because they are not having problems with infected.
I'm really hoping you guys will have some memorable events with bloodsuckers!

Remember, EVR and bloodsuckers can be turned off by server admin, if player base insists.
As always, we've got also plenty of additions and changes to the temeperature script.

The long discussed & controversial helicrash spawning was moved on server! Clients can no longer spawn anything in mi-8 helicrash sites, once server starts, it will spawn there something. This is radical change in distributing helicrash loot = rare higrade weapons.

> The power into hands of the server admins
DayZ: Namalsk v0.72 now gives the server owners ability to configure their Namalsk server! The most important thing is probably changing the loot schemas, this basically means, that without any signed pbo modification they can manage to change loot tables on their own server. (Note: this feature is still in testing phase) The available loot schemas are - without ER7, wihout ER7 + without sniper rifles (well, the probably most discussed / requested topics, but I'm going to add more over time!). So now its up to you now, you have power to change the gameplay if your player base want to! I would recommend you to add info about used loot table schema in the server description. The default one is still with ALL available stuff in DayZ: Namalsk. Changing loot schema is not the only one configuration parameter, server admins can also configure if they want to have new pve creatures bloodsuckers available or if they want to have random EVR sequences to be working.

> I am sure most of you already saw some changelog, but if not, please continue here -> http://www.nightstalkers.cz/en_index_dn.php?menu=en_dn_changes lots of good stuff!
> If just want to play, get it on DayZ Commander (soon), playWithSix (soon) or just download on -> http://www.nightstalkers.cz/en_index_dn.php?menu=en_dn_player
> If you are server owner, go check things out on -> http://www.nightstalkers.cz/en_index_dn.php?menu=en_dn_server

Enjoy :thumbsup:
Sumrak
  • prizrak25051968, wickedinsane, krabizs and 11 others gave their beans

#458 Langdal

Langdal

Scavenger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:01 PM

Very happy to see this released! This will undoubtably tear down on my study time for my last exam! How long does it usually take for the update to arrive to DayZ Commander? My server's admin probably won't switch to 0.72 before it's there because most of the players use it.

#459 Babyface

Babyface

Helicopter Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:50 PM

I am looking forward to this.

#460 Falcon911

Falcon911

Survivor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • LocationFort Lauderdale, FL

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:04 AM

OMG... YES!!!!!! YES!!!!! YES!!!!!!

(damnit now I got to clean that up!!!!)
Beans, beans, the musical fruit. The more you eat, the more you toot. The more you toot, the better you feel. So we have beans at every meal!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dayz namalsk, Map, Errors, Guide, Help, Nalmask