Sumrak

DayZ: Namalsk

I've encountered one while unarmed and as long as you run away they don't chase you very far. They spawn near high loot areas(deer stands, husks, heli crashes, etc.) and are not that hard to deal with.

• Like 2

Bloodsuckers are far too sci-fi. Keep them in STALKER, keep them out of DayZ. I find them immersion breaking, and a nonsensical addition.

Make normal zombies harder/more unpredictable/with added variety in physical prowess and stages of decay.

They have been nick named "Bloodsuckers" from the majority of players that I have talked to regarding "Bloodsuckers"

They are on Namalsk following the recent update.

Hell yes~ ♥

... Regardless, I have a feeling they're doing the "cloaking" by making the model entirely transparent. And just by looking at how the regular zombies move about, they could easily just slip and slide with a backflip in front of you because of desync or some other random glitch. I wouldn't call it teleporting just yet. But I'll probably come back and do something about my posts if my opinion changes with actual experience.

(Because I'm honest like that.)

@Taco

I do agree with you but it'll be a shame to see them go. I would prefer they were simply nerfed A LOT to encourage newer players to plau Namalsk. It's not worth playing currently because of these overpowered zombies.

@Vindicator

We're talking about Dayz here. Not stalker. I refer to them as zombies in Dayz because this is a zombie game. In stalker I always refered to them as super zombies because it seems to be the best description for them.

Please keep the topic at hand. I don't need flame wars starting in a thread that's meant for suggestions and simple conversations about the topic we're discussing

Bloodsuckers are far too sci-fi. Keep them in STALKER, keep them out of DayZ. I find them immersion breaking, and a nonsensical addition.

Make normal zombies harder/more unpredictable/with added variety in physical prowess and stages of decay.

This is a Namalsk-specific update. Deal with it or go play Celle like the little girl you are.*

Bloodsuckers are not going to be in DayZ Standalone and probably not any of the other maps.

(* Obviously no offence to actual female-gamers.)

• Like 1

Hell yes~ ♥

... Regardless, I have a feeling they're doing the "cloaking" by making the model entirely transparent. And just by looking at how the regular zombies move about, they could easily just slip and slide with a backflip in front of you because of desync or some other random glitch. I wouldn't call it teleporting just yet. But I'll probably come back and do something about my posts if my opinion changes with actual experience.

(Because I'm honest like that.)

They have appeared behind me in building. You should be able to see them to a certain extent when they are "cloaked"

They have appeared behind me in building. You should be able to see them to a certain extent when they are "cloaked"

That I do agree with. It's not like Bloodsuckers aren't scary and trouble-some enough as it is.

Being able to see them at least a little bit would be a little help. But again, I'll see how much of your arguments are correct when I get to get killed by one, myself.

Merged with the Namalsk thread as Bloodsuckers have nothing to do with official DayZ.

• Like 1

Bloodsuckers are fine lots of weapon in namalsk to kill them.

BUG: The blackout is bigged we where in a industrial building in Tara and the Blackout happens, and we both lost 6000 Blood but we where in this big industrial building!

Edit: Sam happen to me and my friend at brensk railway station, we were secure in a building but loose 6000 Blood.

And the Event takes place for me like 1 minute bevore it does for my friend;it is not synced.

Edited by garack

A message to Sumrak:

I'm reading a lot of complaints about the Bloodsucker being too powerful and mean and many people are asking you to remove it or nerf it. I just have one thing to say: look at the zombies right now.

They used to be a pain in the ass some months ago and many people cried and begged (ME INCLUDED) Rocket to nerf them and fix their random and glitchy movements and their speed. Look at them now, they are a fucking joke. Moving objects in your way to find weapos and kill other players. Run behind a building, hide in some trees, dodge them and move a bit while you shoot, hell, you can even loot an entire place without shooting a bullet just running and hiding. The Bloodsucker is making people be careful again and being affraid of and NPC just like DayZ used to be. DON'T CHANGE THEM!

• Like 1

Just today I played namalsk, I scoped out a nearby army base that I saw from a hill. I saw a white offroad pickup truck, and made my way down. This was my first time playing namalsk, and I heard growling. I honestly thought nothing of it, but I never stopped looking over my shoulder, because when I moved my head to the side, the sound had changed directions. I thought it was just part of the new sound track, because I've been hearing different sounds. Near the truck was a barracks, I went inside the barracks to find a semi-auto shotgun. I whipped around because the growling was EXTREMELY loud now, to find a blood sucker at the door of the barracks. It dissapeared and appeared inside a barrack room next to me, and hit me three times before I was able to head shot him. More growling... I had no clue what these things were, or how to take them out. At this point I made out that the only way to detect them was by their growls, as they obviously teleport. I find this new blood sucker at the front part of the barracks, but almost two doors down. From there he charged me and I had to hit him 5 times in the torso for him to drop. I heard no other growls. I "searched" their body to find them to be called blood suckers. They had no "special" gear which really surprised me!!! They should defiantly drop something special! I then realized when pressing "i" that when I kill a blood sucker, it comes up as a survivor kill. Another thing I found out while driving around and looting things, was that these creatures only spawn at high value targets, such as barracks, crashed choppers, or even deer stands. They are a great aspect of the game!

I had another experience about three hours later. I was driving to a new destination when my screen got really blurry, I sped up my truck thinking a blood sucker was doing some special power on me, and was chasing me. My screen started to get extremely blurry and unreadable. It started to flash, and a lightning effect with sounds of thunder started to take place. This couldn't be a lightning storm, I thought. My screen went orange, at this point I was freaking out. I was inside my car, engine turned off, and at a complete stop when my screen went back. 20 seconds later it came back, still having no control over my character for around 15 seconds. I then realized that this took away a lot of my blood. My screen was blurry so I was relying on the white dots on the side of my screen to find a pig, or cow. Upon getting out of my car to investigate a dot I had found, I thought I saw a blur beside a tree, and I thought I was just seeing things because at this point my blood was so low it was blurry. It then raced towards me looking like a black phantom and one hit me. I later found my body to be, ripped up, as you could say, but still lootable where the head laid, and I got my truck back, parked it at my makeshift base, and raced to the forums to see what this was. I know now what blood suckers are, I did play the whole S.T.A.L.K.E.R series as well, and these creatures did look like the blood suckers in that game, very tentacle like at the face, and tall with bursting muscles. But what was the thing when my character passed out? or the black phantom like thing?

Thanks for all the help

Oakley

i hope bloodsuckers will weed out the goofs, lets make namalsk hardcore D:

i just had my first EVR yesterday, that was fun :D

i was inside the barracks at northern army base, my friend was outside the base.

then the EVR started and he ran to the barracks, passed out at the fence, zombie beat him to death.

i went to loot him, then two bandits show up in a ural and rip me xD

namalsk never been this crazy.

@oakley

the blackout is the new EVR sequence. read sumrak's posts, and watch namalsk crysis on youtube, bloodsuckers and evr sequence both come from the actual namalsk mod.

about the phantom i don't know, guess it was a blood sucker. didn't know they will rip your body up though. thats gross xD

Edited by Azrail
  • Like 1

It's nearly impossiable for fresh spawns to get good gear without getting attacked by a herd of these things. Yesterday, I went into a barracks and 4 appeared out of no where from behind and front in the barracks. No chance, I didn't even have any agro on me at the time as I was sneaking around.

Read my post above about nerfing them with a few twists.

It's nearly impossiable for fresh spawns to get good gear without getting attacked by a herd of these things.

Play with friends.

It's nearly impossiable for fresh spawns to get good gear without getting attacked by a herd of these things. Yesterday, I went into a barracks and 4 appeared out of no where from behind and front in the barracks. No chance, I didn't even have any agro on me at the time as I was sneaking around.

I played 5 hours and spawned to times fresh ( i died because of a bug ) and had no problem with bloodsuckers; Lern where they are, sumrak already gave us a hint; Thex are close to high grade military loot..So avoid it or bring friends. You find good weapons everywhere in namalsk even at low grade military loot spots.

The blodsuckers cant climb; They bugged inside houses, they are easy to trick..i see no problem.

• Like 1

I've killed one with a crossbow. They're not as hard to down as you're implying. Besides, this is namalsk, in five minutes of running a Fresh Spawn can have an RPK and 300 rounds of ammo from maybe 75% of spawns.

Edited by sp86

* part 1 *

TL;DR: The EVR is nuts. Random, pointless death does not make for a fun game. I love the map, but I'm not going to waste my time trying to survive when I can magically die at any moment for no reason whatsoever.

"For three hours I ran around the map looking for food and weapons. I finally had some luck, getting decent rifles in a military compound"

You cannot run for 3 hours without having an EVR event.

Anyway, if you don't like it, don't play it, or play on servers, where EVR is turned off.

I'm not going to remove it, I will improve it (will post info soon, 0.73 version is coming!), removing is up to you players / server owners - I gave you tools for it - and not only for that I have to say.

And you are not being "killed randomly for no reason", you are being killed by EVR event, that is simply the way Namalsk is done now, Namalsk does not want you to live. So as I said, if you don't like EVR, you have choice of selecting different server with EVR off or you can just return to Chernarus or any other of the community maps.

no need to modify DayZ files.

just deliver the required DayZ files for your mod in your archives.

like,

for 0.60 include 1.7.3

for 0.72 include 1.7.4.4

etc.

before 0.72 i had to do this manually, i had two folders for dayznamalsk, one with 1.7.3 and one with 1.7.4.4,

and whichever mod version i wanted to play i set as dayz folder in dayzcommander.

if the dayz files are included in your archives, dayzcommander would do the job for us,

and which other dayz vanillia version is installed, doesn't matter then.

different maps rely on different dayz versions -

if all maps would rely on the default dayz folder without bringing their own dayz files,

people would have serious trouble playing on multiple maps on the same pc.

i like

I cannot include DayZMod files into my archives, because unlike other community maps, DayZ Namalsk is actually running under Namalsk Crisis modification - the presence of DayZMod breaks the mod completely.

So this may be possible only in case of DayZ Commander - and even then, it would just kill the mod files itself (for users, who do not want to mess with their pbos manually), focusing it only for running DayZ, nothing more.

I like most of the changes, hunting bloodsuckers is amazing. The EVR adds an interesting dynamic to world exploration. The only thing I don't understand is the removal of coyote packs from basic military spawn lists I, if I understand the patch notes correctly.

If I can make a suggestion, I understand military spawns not having food in order to push the survival angle, and to make Vorkuta and Old Hospital more important, but it does strain the imagination a bit. Military rations would be neat, either in bar form (You could use the world model for bandage) or cans (retex of standard food cans).

Thanks, coyote backpack was removed only from normal Military loot and replaced with baf assault pack, coyote is still available in barracks.

Military rations would be cool, but only with a proper spawn chance :P

Very Nice gameplay now.

The EVR makes Namalsk a little bit more a challenge, i like this.With the 4 Minute warning time its all good + you have another goal to search the item that prevent a blackout.

The guys that complain: You can turn it off serverside.

Bloodsuckers, creepy as hell, my heart stops beating this sound and.. where does it came from

Snowfall, breathing, new weapons, nice!

BTW: To you have a weapon damage chart, how much damage a weapon makes on players? and how much audible distance to atract infected?

Thanks!

Sorry, I don't have / don't know about any weapon damage chart.

Lets admit it guys, this new zombie is too overpowered,

No it is not, and if you feel it is, play on servers, where they are disabled.

And read the changelog for the next update (I will post it soon, I did some changes to the spawning mechanism, with that, I agree, I myself did not wanted to have more than like 2-3 bloodsuckers at one place).

Bloodsucker is not forced feature. As I said earlier, you can simply play on servers, where their spawning is turned off.

Also, it is not available on Chernarus in official DayZ, it is just on Namalsk because they should be there - it is based on Namalsk Crisis story - I don't see this should be anyhow immersion breaking and nonsense..

Bloodsuckers are fine lots of weapon in namalsk to kill them.

BUG: The blackout is bigged we where in a industrial building in Tara and the Blackout happens, and we both lost 6000 Blood but we where in this big industrial building!

Edit: Sam happen to me and my friend at brensk railway station, we were secure in a building but loose 6000 Blood.

And the Event takes place for me like 1 minute bevore it does for my friend;it is not synced.

Well, basically the in building check is the same the DayZMod itself is using, so there are more things broken on that place, not only related to EVR, could you please send me a picture of the exact industrial building?

In what case it was not? Did you friend logged in in that moment? Did your friend had any connection issues? Because EVR scripts are synced in the best possible way really.

A message to Sumrak:

I'm reading a lot of complaints about the Bloodsucker being too powerful and mean and many people are asking you to remove it or nerf it. I just have one thing to say: look at the zombies right now.

They used to be a pain in the ass some months ago and many people cried and begged (ME INCLUDED) Rocket to nerf them and fix their random and glitchy movements and their speed. Look at them now, they are a fucking joke. Moving objects in your way to find weapos and kill other players. Run behind a building, hide in some trees, dodge them and move a bit while you shoot, hell, you can even loot an entire place without shooting a bullet just running and hiding. The Bloodsucker is making people be careful again and being affraid of and NPC just like DayZ used to be. DON'T CHANGE THEM!

Yes, don't worry, I want you to have respect from the bloodsuckers. :)

Just today I played namalsk, I scoped out a nearby army base that I saw from a hill. I saw a white offroad pickup truck, and made my way down. This was my first time playing namalsk, and I heard growling. I honestly thought nothing of it, but I never stopped looking over my shoulder, because when I moved my head to the side, the sound had changed directions. I thought it was just part of the new sound track, because I've been hearing different sounds. Near the truck was a barracks, I went inside the barracks to find a semi-auto shotgun. I whipped around because the growling was EXTREMELY loud now, to find a blood sucker at the door of the barracks. It dissapeared and appeared inside a barrack room next to me, and hit me three times before I was able to head shot him. More growling... I had no clue what these things were, or how to take them out. At this point I made out that the only way to detect them was by their growls, as they obviously teleport. I find this new blood sucker at the front part of the barracks, but almost two doors down. From there he charged me and I had to hit him 5 times in the torso for him to drop. I heard no other growls. I "searched" their body to find them to be called blood suckers. They had no "special" gear which really surprised me!!! They should defiantly drop something special! I then realized when pressing "i" that when I kill a blood sucker, it comes up as a survivor kill. Another thing I found out while driving around and looting things, was that these creatures only spawn at high value targets, such as barracks, crashed choppers, or even deer stands. They are a great aspect of the game!

I had another experience about three hours later. I was driving to a new destination when my screen got really blurry, I sped up my truck thinking a blood sucker was doing some special power on me, and was chasing me. My screen started to get extremely blurry and unreadable. It started to flash, and a lightning effect with sounds of thunder started to take place. This couldn't be a lightning storm, I thought. My screen went orange, at this point I was freaking out. I was inside my car, engine turned off, and at a complete stop when my screen went back. 20 seconds later it came back, still having no control over my character for around 15 seconds. I then realized that this took away a lot of my blood. My screen was blurry so I was relying on the white dots on the side of my screen to find a pig, or cow. Upon getting out of my car to investigate a dot I had found, I thought I saw a blur beside a tree, and I thought I was just seeing things because at this point my blood was so low it was blurry. It then raced towards me looking like a black phantom and one hit me. I later found my body to be, ripped up, as you could say, but still lootable where the head laid, and I got my truck back, parked it at my makeshift base, and raced to the forums to see what this was. I know now what blood suckers are, I did play the whole S.T.A.L.K.E.R series as well, and these creatures did look like the blood suckers in that game, very tentacle like at the face, and tall with bursting muscles. But what was the thing when my character passed out? or the black phantom like thing?

Thanks for all the help

Oakley

They are not teleporting, they are just cloaking and decloaking. if you have played the whole stalker series, you should know well the bloodsuckers. That "black phantom like thing" is something similar to emissions / blowouts in stalker (yet completely something different in terms of Namalsk Crisis story). Check this for more info - http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/101981-dayz-namalsk/page__st__440#entry1057026

Edited by Sumrak

* part 2 *

Then don't go there, go there when you get enough experience and gear, so you can be sure you can kill them. I don't really get this logic, in what game are you supposed to go like on "level 1" immediately for one of the most precious loot in the game, that does not makes any sense. I really wish infected would still act like they were at the DayZ's beginning, the current ones are just joke, none has respect from them.

Anyway, forums are pretty laggy, I cannot really spend much time responding and waiting on these forums, so pardon me guys if I do not have any walls of texts :D

Here is preliminary changelog for DayZ: Namalsk v0.73 and Namalsk Crisis Update 2.3:

[Namalsk Crisis Update 2.3]

Please keep in mind, that I am still trying to accumulate as much things as possible before bigger data file update (model fixes). So this is still one of the smaller updates, fixing and adding small stuff.

Added: Players can now recognize EVR/Blowout by certain signals (post process effects, sound effects) even without the protection device (under 5 minutes before its begin, only module version!)

Changed: EVR/Blowout module is now generating longer default periods between each EVR/Blowout sequences (not in dayz mode)

Changed: Driving a car on grass surface should no longer be faster than on road

Changed: Bloodsucker have now more health (health of bloodsucker was somehow compromised (lowered) during the last year of Arma II development)

Fixed: Locality issues with 'dzn_fnc_breathfog' - breath fog script will now end properly when other unit (not player) is killed

[DayZ: Namalsk v0.73]

Please keep in mind, that this changelog is only for DayZ: Namalsk, if you want to read more about Namalsk Crisis Update 2.3, which was released with DayZ: Namalsk v0.73, continue here!

Client-side

Added: Few bloodsucker and infected spawn points

Added: Bloodsuckers have now a chance to drop 1 blood pack (thanks to guys from DayZ nyx.cz for this suggestion!)

Added: Custom zombie spawn point for c130j wreck

Changed: Less (more rare) bloodsuckers (please note, that you can configure this value using server side configuration, again in init.sqf in the mission file)

Changed: Some animals now give you more meat (was lowered before) to compensate the overall bigger blood losses

Changed: EVR/Blowout main sequence now triggers combat mode

Changed: White ghillie suit now adds more to the temperature than the woodland ghillie suit

Server-side

Added: New configuration parameter for changing spawn chance of bloodsuckers

I've tested EVR changes and I feel, it should be ok, 5 minutes is really a lot of time on Namalsk, you have also another 30 seconds before EVR will get critical.

Edited by Sumrak

@Sumrak

Thanks for making them rarer :D. But adding health more health to them is op.

I personally believe they need lower damage BUT adding a side effect which I stated in my previous post. For example

-Dazed 10% chance

When you get hit and you get dazed, your accuracy and fire rate are vastly reduced for a certain amount of time.

-Stunned 20% chance

You can no longer shoot at all

-Confused 30%

You start shooting randomly in different directions

*Edit*

So you're saying that I have to run about for an extra 7 hours to fight these things?

Personally I believe you're not taking into account that not everyone is instantly geared and some people need to go to risky places full with other players to get some good loot such as Object All.

I'm being forced out of my favourite servers because of this update so I can find a server with no Bloodsuckers.

~Peace

@Sumrak

Actually, you can see some sort of 0.3 sec stun on you even now, but yeah, about their damage, it is really different, scaling from -450 blood up to -1570 blood. Both values are extreme and it is usually like -900 <-> -600 blood. Believe me, I do not want to make them just another stupid infected character chasing you with no chance to kill you any time. When you encounter him, you just have to be ready or do some evading, as I said many times, they have hard times using ladders or walking in more complex structures. Trust me, I of course tested it many times, even though I always liked direct contact.. you just don't have to do that, when you are not ready, with some efforts, you can get the rid of him completely even with crossbow or hatchet (I should not say this probably.. but yeah, they are suffering from the similar issues like infected characters, though my scripts are less advanced, more straightforward - but it does not matter in case of bloodsucker).

Anyway..

You don't have to run for 7 hours, EVR will get you sooner than you think :D (but that is getting a bit buff, so everyone paying enough attention should survive EVR without any problems, again, I still want to have bigger punishment for EVR, because of the same reason like it is for bloodsucker, I just do not want another thing, which most of the players will skip / ignore).

What? WHY you should want to go for loot to A2? I'm not really a big Namalsk player, but I always found very decent and even anti bloodsucker stuff outside A2 and even barracks (deerstands, towers..).

If you are / will be against bloodsuckers and you do not want to leave your favorite server, ask people there, ask them what they think, send an email to admin / owner about that, etc.