Sumrak

DayZ: Namalsk

Well weapons apart.. the really problem for me now it the not working instance_building (until Bliss updates the DB scheme apprently), it was a way to differentiate my server over the others. Let's wait for the update...

Are blood suckers like creatures that run on two legs and kind of look like a dark figure that roars when it hits you?

They exist in Namalsk Crisis btw (single player campaign). I'd love to see these too, and probably some other NC features like the heavy fog.

maybe give us a new item...a Geiger counter ( and some stalker outfits :rolleyes: ) ...radioactively contaminated zombies could be stronger and their radiation would kill you ...and real heavy fog would be awesome. especially in the forest areas...

does this wishlist sounds greedy ? :D

I see, so there exists own list of banned weapons - also server related- so it shouldnt be a problem then. Fingers crossed.

Now we only need clothing that protects you from EVR/radiation... How did it work in Stalker, I'm curious now. Was it always "Hiiiide!!!!" reaction? I have wondered if gear affects to characters "stamina", i.e. heavy gear (protection suit :D) tires faster and makes aiming harder.

Stamina would be really awesome! Imagine being tired of running from infected / bloodsuckers and being slowly eaten by them :P

Well weapons apart.. the really problem for me now it the not working instance_building (until Bliss updates the DB scheme apprently), it was a way to differentiate my server over the others. Let's wait for the update...

Ok, well if you would need something, let me know, I can try to get some things together so you guys have easier work with the mod.

Are blood suckers like creatures that run on two legs and kind of look like a dark figure that roars when it hits you?

Yes, they are on Namalsk or in STALKER :)

maybe give us a new item...a Geiger counter ( and some stalker outfits :rolleyes: ) ...radioactively contaminated zombies could be stronger and their radiation would kill you ...and real heavy fog would be awesome. especially in the forest areas...

does this wishlist sounds greedy ? :D

I don't know, STALKER themed DayZ would be awesome, but we would need different map and lot of free time ;) Basically all the things you see now were already made for Namalsk Crisis, they were just fixed a bit modified too, so they work in some sort of DayZ mode (some things disabled compared to the normal Namalsk Crisis functionality).

Ok, well if you would need something, let me know, I can try to get some things together so you guys have easier work with the mod.

Honestly i dunno what made the custom buildings (and some other stuff like the kill msgs) not working with this version of Namalsk... btw it's a Bliss/host affair, nothing that i can "fix" myself.

Honestly i dunno what made the custom buildings (and some other stuff like the kill msgs) not working with this version of Namalsk... btw it's a Bliss/host affair, nothing that i can "fix" myself.

I know what it could be, its because bliss is merging diffrent files together and Namalsk has certain differences, which would be otherwise gone if you would choose some other package (killmsg for example). I think, the current way bliss works is that it builds server pbo with just namalsk world package and ignore the rest? I may be wrong though.

Hey Sumrak. I asked you on Twitter about changing module variables.

What I want to do is adjust the lighting in the AII underground lab, and I see in the PDFs which variables need to be changed, and what they need to be changed to. Here are my questions:

1. Which files to I change? Where do I find the variables?

2. Are these variables in a PBO? Do I need to unpack and repack? Will I need to make a new signature file?

3. Will clients need modified files?

I hate to ask for a step by step guide, but I can't figure it out and everyone I ask doesn't know either. I wish I knew more about how the mod system works.

Thanks for the awesome mod and hard work. I really appreciate it.

Noticed a few issues with the bloodsuckers, they don't seem to like buildings and generally they don't come near you when your in one. You can litteraly stand at the door just mowing them down.

Same at the c130 crash site, my and a buddy were at it yesterday while he was looting I was standing just inside the door and was able to take out the blood dudes without them being able to hit me. Some were also glitching through the c130 at my buddy though as well.

Really loving it, the evr is wicked and really means having a building near by when it goes off or it's a trip to the hospital :D. The bloodsuckers could do with being a bit harder to take down as well, seemed really easy to kill them. I was able to take out 4 on my own by just moving about till they uncloaked and then pump them full of lead.

Awesome work sumrak!

• Like 1

What happen when the blackout is coming and you are driving in a vehicle ?
I wondered that too, since vehicles wont protect you from EVR... I decided I wont be flying helis for sure without warning devices :D (and will that device even work when player is in a vehicle?) Edited by Kuikka

thanks a thousillion bunches, OP has delivered!

hey sumrak, any chance you could deliver the required DayZ files with your archive in DayZCommander?

Like other maps do that as well, then people could use a different dayz vanillia version and still play namalsk up-to-date, or vice versa...

Edited by Azrail

Not sure to who i've to talk about... who needs to fix this? My host? Bliss? Namalask developer? All of them?

(Side) Desert Fox: where are these custom bases

RCon admin #0: (Global) Custom bases are disabled due to Namalsk update (we're waiting for Bliss update)

...i'm talking about the custom_buildings not working.

Edited by WalkerDown

What happen when the blavkout is coming and you are driving in a vehicle ? You pass out, and get stuck under the car and die?

You pass out in vehicle, get blood hit, in case of piloting helicopter, be sure you are in stabilized position so you wont crash.

Hey Sumrak. I asked you on Twitter about changing module variables.

What I want to do is adjust the lighting in the AII underground lab, and I see in the PDFs which variables need to be changed, and what they need to be changed to. Here are my questions:

1. Which files to I change? Where do I find the variables?

2. Are these variables in a PBO? Do I need to unpack and repack? Will I need to make a new signature file?

3. Will clients need modified files?

I hate to ask for a step by step guide, but I can't figure it out and everyone I ask doesn't know either. I wish I knew more about how the mod system works.

Thanks for the awesome mod and hard work. I really appreciate it.

Thanks!

1) You can add these variables to init.sqf of DayZ mission (to the current ones for configuring loot schema, bloodsuckers, evr)

2) pretty much 1)

3) the AII underground module itself should be initialized properly in DayZ mission, it just need those variables to be set for lights ON, its OFF on default

Noticed a few issues with the bloodsuckers, they don't seem to like buildings and generally they don't come near you when your in one. You can litteraly stand at the door just mowing them down.

Same at the c130 crash site, my and a buddy were at it yesterday while he was looting I was standing just inside the door and was able to take out the blood dudes without them being able to hit me. Some were also glitching through the c130 at my buddy though as well.

Really loving it, the evr is wicked and really means having a building near by when it goes off or it's a trip to the hospital :D. The bloodsuckers could do with being a bit harder to take down as well, seemed really easy to kill them. I was able to take out 4 on my own by just moving about till they uncloaked and then pump them full of lead.

Awesome work sumrak!

Thanks!

Yes, they seems to have problems sometimes (not everytime though).

C130 crashsite model does not have paths for AI probably, since even infected cannot enter it.

Yes, I am going to make them harder to kill. :P (moar info later in this post)

I wondered that too, since vehicles wont protect you from EVR... I decided I wont be flying helis for sure without warning devices :D (and will that device even work when player is in a vehicle?)

As I responded ↑ + yes, protection device will work in vehicles.

thanks a thousillion bunches, OP has delivered!

hey sumrak, any chance you could deliver the required DayZ files with your archive in DayZCommander?

Like other maps do that as well, then people could use a different dayz vanillia version and still play namalsk up-to-date, or vice versa...

I want to avoid modifying DayZ mod itself, so no, anyway, I will try in the future to have better support (almost immediate) for newest DayZ mod versions (if there will be any more).

Not sure to who i've to talk about... who needs to fix this? My host? Bliss? Namalask developer? All of them?

(Side) Desert Fox: where are these custom bases

RCon admin #0: (Global) Custom bases are disabled due to Namalsk update (we're waiting for Bliss update)

...i'm talking about the custom_buildings not working.

Well lets wait on bliss update and we will see.

Anyway some important info around DayZ Namalsk.

DayZ Namalsk will get another update this week.

It will be client update, which will address few things..

Spawn rate of bloodsuckers will be reduced

Bloodsuckers will be more difficult to kill

EVR will trigger, once started, combat mode

EVR will be slightly noticeable around 4 minutes before its beginning

Those are probably the most important changes, the rest will be available through the changelog.

I'm glad you are putting a 'slightly noticeable' 4 minute warning on the EVR, but what if you logon to a server after that 4 minute warning ? You risk getting blasted into nothingness for no fault of your own other than unfortunate timing. Couldn't you add a 1 minute warning as well ?

The EVR thing, doesn't it actually discourage players from exploring the map ? If I log into a server i'm damn well not going outside until the next EVR event occurs - and that's not a good thing or a fun thing with regards to gameplay - I could be waiting in a building for upto 40 minutes (or whatever it is).

What about the Single Player CRISIS game ? When will the next instalment be out ? The version I had ended at the mine.

I'm glad you are putting a 'slightly noticeable' 4 minute warning on the EVR, but what if you logon to a server after that 4 minute warning ? You risk getting blasted into nothingness for no fault of your own other than unfortunate timing. Couldn't you add a 1 minute warning as well ?

The EVR thing, doesn't it actually discourage players from exploring the map ? If I log into a server i'm damn well not going outside until the next EVR event occurs - and that's not a good thing or a fun thing with regards to gameplay - I could be waiting in a building for upto 40 minutes (or whatever it is).

What about the Single Player CRISIS game ? When will the next instalment be out ? The version I had ended at the mine.

Well my statement was not really clear, with those 4 minutes I mean there could be something and that can also repeat numerous of time before the EVR begin itself. But it wont be like "server: Hey guys, there is an EVR coming up shortly, please take a cover", you will have to listen to the nature :P

The difference between each EVR is usually around 1.38 hour, which is nothing really serious, what could possibly break the gameplay completely and I think, with the addition of ↑ you will have enough time on the most of the places on Namalsk. Its anyway your choice, I wouldn't be staying inside, you just have to take the risk, you are taking risks all the time in DayZ anyway.

There is a sequel, on which I am working, but I have little to no time currently, so it is really hard to predict, when this will be finished,(the release is already targeted for Arma 3).

TL;DR: The EVR is nuts. Random, pointless death does not make for a fun game. I love the map, but I'm not going to waste my time trying to survive when I can magically die at any moment for no reason whatsoever.

Dear Sumrak,

The following are my first three lives on Namalsk. I have avoided looking at any online maps, and I have yet to find a map in Namalsk. I've only watched a few Namalsk videos, so I don't know the map at all. I love exploring and trying to survive.

1. I spawned on a coast. I ran for miles, checking military outposts, industrial sites, ports, mills, factories, and never found a single food or drink. I even started axeing zombies hoping to find a can of food or soda, but no joy. I found ammo galore, but not a single rifle or pistol. In spite of my being careful with the axe, zombies still hit me, and I kept losing blood even though I never bled (not Namalsk's fault, of course, just DayZ). I kept searching, and I finally found a town. Just as I was entering a building, it seemed that lightning struck three times. Then the screen turned yellow. Then orange. Then I was unconscious. Then I was dead. I had no idea why. I googled around and read about the EVR. Okay.

2. For three hours I ran around the map looking for food and weapons. I finally had some luck, getting decent rifles in a military compound, and finding the main city with the tall apartments. I finally, finally found food and drink in the city, and I even found an ALICE pack, and I even found a winter ghille suit! I was totally geared up, armed to the teeth!

With my binocs, I saw a car in the middle of the city, which looked like it needed repair. I went into a factory looking for a toolbox and parts. I went on the catwalk in the big three-story empty room. Nothing worth taking. I looked outside at a red brick building. I had seen a ladder going to its roof, but I thought surely there was nothing worth taking...but I spied what looked like morphine up there. I checked with my binocs and confirmed it. Guess I'll be going up there after all! I put away my binocs and started to walk down the catwalk.

BROKEN LEG AND BLEEDING HEAVILY AND UNCONSCIOUS. About 10% blood left. No gunshots, no zombies, just OW. Ok, I know DayZ occasionally has stupid bugs like this. No sweat: I'm still alive, I know where the morphine is, and I even have some food. I can fix up my leg and then head out of town and find animals to restore my health. I crawled around the catwalks, and I spent 5 minutes trying to overcome dumb bugs preventing me from crawling through doorways and down stairs.

Finally I make it down the stairs and outside. I crawl around a corner, heading to the ladder which leads to the morphine. THUNDER AND LIGHTNING. I was already at such low health, BOOM, I'M DEAD. No reason, no warning, I'm just dead because the malevolent overseer decided to press the "HAHA YOU'RE DEAD" button. I lost three hours worth of character/experience/story. I don't have a problem dying to zombies or players. I do have a problem dying because of random, frequently-recurring instadeath.

Well, in spite of all that, I was having fun, and I like the map and the ambience. It really feels desolate and survival is hard. So I'll give it another shot.

3. I spawn at a bay across from a military outpost at the base of a tall mountain. There are two tall towers, some barracks, and several guard towers around the walls. I decide to risk swimming across--it seemed like it would be faster than running around the bay.

After a long swim, I arrive. I evade the zombies which spawned at the crashed BMP. I crawl under the wall. I make it up the tower and grab a weapon in time to kill the zombies who followed me. Eventually the M1014 makes so much noise and attracts so many more zombies that I have to just run to the other tower. I get a good weapon and a bigger pack and some food, etc. Looks like it was worth the swim after all. I get in the barracks and get even more goodies!

THUNDER AND LIGHTNING! No prob, I'm in the barracks, and the door is even closed! I'm safe! NO WAIT, I'M NOT SAFE. I still get hit and lose half my health and get knocked unconscious. So much for taking cover from the magic random death ray. I wake up and try to make a plan.

SERVER RESTART. Ok, no prob. I rejoin after the restart and, hey, I have full health! Awesome, I guess that makes up for being hit by the EVR while I was inside. I recheck the barracks and towers. I get bigger guns and bigger packs. I get a G36C and 8 mags of STANAG SD ammo: I can shoot zombies point-blank and they can't hear it! Amazing! So I take advantage of my new abilities to clear zombies out and check some more good loot spawns in the compound before clearing out. I even find some morphine lying in the open by a building! It's all going great!

I spy what looks like a big pack in one of the guard towers at the top of the compound, so I make my way over and climb up the ladder. OH MY CHARACTER DECIDED HE DIDN'T WANT TO HOLD ON TO THE LADDER ANYMORE. I fall from the top of the ladder and break my leg and lose 95% health. The screen is black and white and I can't even hear any sounds anymore, I've lost so much blood.

No problem, I have morphine. I'll fix my leg and go up the mountain. I should be able to find hunting supplies and an animal and get my blood back up. I move slowly up the mountain and dispatch a few zombies that had wandered up there--I couldn't even hear them aggro! Ok, it's clear, I'll continue up the mountain.

THUNDER AND LIGHTNING. DEAD. No reason, just the "HAHA YOU'RE DEAD" button being pressed again by the man in the moon. Of course, since my guy had let go of the ladder, I had no health left, so I couldn't survive the EVR. 45 minutes of carefully avoiding and killing zombies and looting a dangerous place, all wasted due to a stupid bug and a magic random death ray that kills everything except the bad guys.

Dude, Namalsk is an amazing map. The ambience is fantastic. It feels desolate, and survival is actually hard (well, at least, if you aren't using a map to "cheat"). I actually think food and drink is too rare--there should at least be some in the big complexes, even if they aren't residential.

But what were you thinking with this EVR? The only time I've been this frustrated while playing DayZ was when a bunch of lame cheaters server-hopped and flanked my team, appearing out of nowhere when they rejoined our server and wiping us out. Magic death for no reason, with no warning, with no way to avoid it, and practically no food or animals available to replenish health. Just random, "haha, you're dead!" I keep hearing Nelson from the Simpsons laughing, "HA ha!" I spent hours playing carefully, not giving up on finding food and drink somewhere, even when both were as red as they could get. Then I was killed randomly for no reason. I didn't do anything wrong or careless.

Please, take this EVR thing out. I'm absolutely done with Namalsk as long as the EVR is in there, and I'm sure many other players will end up feeling the same way. Even if you give more warning, it's still way, way too much. There will be many, many times when it's impossible to get to cover in time. And given the bugs in DayZ that can cause you to nearly die for no reason, having a feature that is SUPPOSED to nearly kill you at random is crazy. What am I being punished for? Playing the game?

Things that the player can do nothing to control or avoid are not good features in games. Read about "learned helplessness"--it makes people want to go away.

Again, I love what you've done with the map--I've only begun to explore and experience it--but I just won't waste any more of my game time with a map that throws my "work" out the window for no reason (and on purpose, too! It's not like it's a bug!).

• Like 1

I want to avoid modifying DayZ mod itself, so no, anyway, I will try in the future to have better support (almost immediate) for newest DayZ mod versions (if there will be any more).

no need to modify DayZ files.

just deliver the required DayZ files for your mod in your archives.

like,

for 0.60 include 1.7.3

for 0.72 include 1.7.4.4

etc.

before 0.72 i had to do this manually, i had two folders for dayznamalsk, one with 1.7.3 and one with 1.7.4.4,

and whichever mod version i wanted to play i set as dayz folder in dayzcommander.

if the dayz files are included in your archives, dayzcommander would do the job for us,

and which other dayz vanillia version is installed, doesn't matter then.

different maps rely on different dayz versions -

if all maps would rely on the default dayz folder without bringing their own dayz files,

people would have serious trouble playing on multiple maps on the same pc.

Bloodsuckers will be more difficult to kill

i like :)

Edited by Azrail

I like most of the changes, hunting bloodsuckers is amazing. The EVR adds an interesting dynamic to world exploration. The only thing I don't understand is the removal of coyote packs from basic military spawn lists I, if I understand the patch notes correctly.

If I can make a suggestion, I understand military spawns not having food in order to push the survival angle, and to make Vorkuta and Old Hospital more important, but it does strain the imagination a bit. Military rations would be neat, either in bar form (You could use the world model for bandage) or cans (retex of standard food cans).

Very Nice gameplay now.

The EVR makes Namalsk a little bit more a challenge, i like this.With the 4 Minute warning time its all good + you have another goal to search the item that prevent a blackout.

The guys that complain: You can turn it off serverside.

Bloodsuckers, creepy as hell, my heart stops beating this sound and.. where does it came from :)

Snowfall, breathing, new weapons, nice!

BTW: To you have a weapon damage chart, how much damage a weapon makes on players? and how much audible distance to atract infected?

Lets admit it guys, this new zombie is too overpowered,

-It can teleport

-It does 1000 blood damage

-It spawns often

-It spawns in groups of 2+

-High health

-They don't lose agro

Newer players have no chance against these or new spawns. It's just ruined Namalsk for most people unless you have weapons instantly and have a lot of luck.

Here are my suggestions

-Remove them completely

-Put down their damage to 250 and add a special little effect. (Read below)

-Make them teleport less

-Reduce agro

-Make them drop rare items. Maybe even special weapons

-Make them spawn in groups of "1" only!

-Make them spawn less

-Reduce their health

The effect could be something such as dazed so you can't shoot rapidly for a short period of time.

They have a chance of teleporting you 1km away from your current position. 5%-20% perhaps

You can't shoot at all for a period of time encouraging co-op

Or other effects such as these

-Stunned

-Agro increased

-Dazed

-Teleported

Free free to suggest your own ideas!

Edited by Johny

I think you're thinking of the wrong game.

Edit; But please, can you list a few servers where these Bloodsuckers exist? I would love to do a little exploring.

I haven't seen any in DayZ, before. This would be really fun for me.

Edit2; Oh and.. The Bloodsuckers don't "teleport," they use stealth.

Edit3; /engage lecture mode

After reading your post a couple times, I get the feeling you haven't played any S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games before. And don't know the reason Namalsk exists.

First off, S.T.A.L.K.E.R.. In short, it's a game about a radioactive, post-apocalyptic "Zone" in Russia after the Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant(CNPP)'s reactor exploded, causing anomalies to appear and for many things to mutate.

The Bloodsuckers are pack animals. They use cloaking to sneak up on their prey, appearing only right before striking. These are very effective hunters, and any S.T.A.L.K.E.R. player thinks twice before attempting to engage even ONE of them in the game. They hit hard and take a lot of beating. Engaging a pack of them usually leads to the player's death even on the easiest difficulty. (Unless you count the fact that they only move around a limited area, so if you stand outside that area, you can just shoot at them without them ever reaching you.)

In DayZ, there isn't such limit. (From what I can tell by your post.)

The Bloodsuckers are authentic, as an unarmed player would never have a chance with Bloodsuckers even in S.T.A.L.K.E.R..

As for the map Namalsk, well, that map was created specificly for a STALKER mod for ARMA 2. There's even a ground anomaly in there that is almost exactly the same as in the original game. The bunker in A2 is also inspired by S.T.A.L.K.E.R., it's most likely made because of the underground research facility near Agroprom Research Institute.

Edit4; So yeah. Don't touch the Bloodsuckers. They're as balanced and authentic as it gets for them to still be Bloodsuckers.

Edited by Dancing.Russian.Man
  • Like 2

Well, Bloodsuckers are of course from Stalker. But they're in the latest version of Namalsk. I think for a map so fully supported they'd create their own "entity"/creature/idea and have its own models and abilities. Although it does follow the backstory of Namalsk I suppose.

I have played stalker. The entire series I may add.

If they are behind you and you're running then suddendly out of nowhere they appear in front of you, what do you call that? Teleporting.

The main problem is that these "super zombies" are very anti newb,/fresh spawn friendly.

They could of course attack certain type of players more such as bandits or players with good gear.

They have been nick named "Bloodsuckers" from the majority of players that I have talked to regarding "Bloodsuckers"

They are on Namalsk following the recent update.