Sumrak

DayZ: Namalsk

He should wait the 1.7.5 ...there will be new important game mechanics (especially with the zeds), also from then on the "banned" weapons won't be saved to the DB anymore, so stuff like the er7 and other namask_only weapons wouldn't works anymore (he should review the weapon list then), unless you install another mod with it (like rMod).

Hey Sumrak. Loving the map.

Any chance you could put an option in the config for us server hosts to add random helicopter crashes, the rusty wrecks and care packages?

I have lots of players asking as they like the exploring/treasure hunting feel they bring to namalsk.

Keep up the good work! Can't wait for the next version (although I'll wait if we get those options!) :)

Thanks!

Rusty wrecks are not added as I haven't got time to fill the map with it, (it is not really important on Namalsk as the island have enough objects already though).

Care packages are in the form on medical supplies for now.

Helicopter crashes are disabled, but I can imagine, I will implement some different idea, which will be similar to the overall random spawn of stuff and will drive survivors to explore.

The helicrash change, which is implemented in 0.70 is also serious change to the overall treasure hunting :P

He should wait the 1.7.5 ...there will be new important game mechanics (especially with the zeds), also from then on the "banned" weapons won't be saved to the DB anymore, so stuff like the er7 and other namask_only weapons wouldn't works anymore (he should review the weapon list then), unless you install another mod with it (like rMod).

I won't wait for 1.7.5, 0.7 will be released for 1.7.4.4 once it will be possible.

I am going to share some pics with you guys:

http://download.nightstalkers.cz/dzn/070test2.jpg (new skins)

http://download.nightstalkers.cz/dzn/070test3.jpg (oh look what I have found in the woods!)

• Like 1

I won't wait for 1.7.5, 0.7 will be released for 1.7.4.4 once it will be possible.

But then as soon anyone updates to 1.7.5 (it seems imminent), they cannot join Namalsk anymore? Since, if i'm not wrong, it uses the DayZ original files (for the dayz traditional stuff).

But then as soon anyone updates to 1.7.5 (it seems imminent), they cannot join Namalsk anymore? Since, if i'm not wrong, it uses the DayZ original files (for the dayz traditional stuff).

They probably will be able to join even with 1.7.5, even now, official support is still for 1.7.3 and most of the servers has already 1.7.4.4, it is working, somehow..

If 1.7.5 will be released like in next 2-3 days, I will make it compatible with 1.7.5, but otherwise, I want to release this update asap (it has been postponed many times).

They probably will be able to join even with 1.7.5, even now, official support is still for 1.7.3 and most of the servers has already 1.7.4.4, it is working, somehow..

If 1.7.5 will be released like in next 2-3 days, I will make it compatible with 1.7.5, but otherwise, I want to release this update asap (it has been postponed many times).

Do you think you'll get the update out today? :)

Do you think you'll get the update out today? :)

Probably not, but IF I will be able to debug and fix all the remaining issues (currently 3 :P), tomorrow seems to be good for the release day :)

Probably not, but IF I will be able to debug and fix all the remaining issues (currently 3 :P), tomorrow seems to be good for the release day :)

Sounds awesome :)

Not sure, so far thet didn't had the not_save_weapons feature in dayz.. as soon they will deploy it Namalsk will stop to works correctly (i believe), and we (server owners) will be forced to put our servers down or change the map until you find a solution (that may takes longer than expected). Can't you test it with 1.7.5 eventually, before releasing it?

Sumrak, your nick on croatian means twilight, so where are you from?

Look under his avatar (=user picture).

Not sure, so far thet didn't had the not_save_weapons feature in dayz.. as soon they will deploy it Namalsk will stop to works correctly (i believe), and we (server owners) will be forced to put our servers down or change the map until you find a solution (that may takes longer than expected). Can't you test it with 1.7.5 eventually, before releasing it?

Yes this is doable. I will try to watch the progress of 1.7.5 then a bit more so I could prepare the release just in time.

Sumrak, your nick on croatian means twilight, so where are you from?

Hehe, Czech Republic, in our language, twilight is called Soumrak, very close to your :)

• Like 1

Okay, lets make some deadline, 5 days max :)

tomorrow seems to be good for the release day :)

So .. Today?

Every time I need to test something, BE starts kicking me out of my own server and I have to make it stop reporting bullshit first, I am going to blame BE for this :D It slows my progress, reporting nonsense things which I need to evade with even more nonsense things :|

It seems however, that I have fixed those issues from yesterday. We will see :)

• Like 1

Keep up the good work! Natives are getting restless!!! Hope we get to see the release today!!!

Namalsk is an awesome map, looking forward to 0.7 ^^

Imo a few things could be improved, tho:

1) No good spots to build a camp/base

Nobody bothers to build camps or even hide a tent on Namalsk. It could use some small islands that can only be reached by boat or helicopter.

2) Spawn points are too spread out imo

- Survival becomes kinda meaningless if you can just respawn near your corpse and get your gear back in no time.

- Every fresh spawn can make a quick trip to A2 and pick up the gauss rifle. It lessens the feeling of travelling, exploring, and risk vs reward.

- Makes meeting with friends a chore.

btw is there any way to download the source files for the map?

Edited by derLoko

Either way, it's survival of the fittest.

All right, in that sense I agree that those guys who camp A2 ladder 24/7 are the fittest. How exciting. Enjoy the ultimate world of autism.

Edit: I hope you know that thermal clothes exist in real life. You know real people have thermal clothes and can sit in snow without shivering? It might be a bit chilly but it works. You just can't tell that it's cold cause it's a game.

Sure, I live in a pretty cold place and I own some thermal clothing myself. But in a game I prefer the diversity and balance over realism. It's just my opinion, of course.

Edited by KizUrazgubi
  • Like 1

It has been a long time since it "appeared" that Namalsk .7 was going to be released, is there any progress to report on this map update?

And if there isn't, can someone please explain to me how to get my Dayz 1.7.4.4 server to work with Namalsk .6? Nobody wants to roll Dayz back to 1.7.3 to play on our Namalsk server. I really need to get it updated to 1.7.4.4 and if the .7 is not coming soon, help explain how to get .6 running please.

Thanks,

Ski

It has been a long time since it "appeared" that Namalsk .7 was going to be released, is there any progress to report on this map update?

And if there isn't, can someone please explain to me how to get my Dayz 1.7.4.4 server to work with Namalsk .6? Nobody wants to roll Dayz back to 1.7.3 to play on our Namalsk server. I really need to get it updated to 1.7.4.4 and if the .7 is not coming soon, help explain how to get .6 running please.

Thanks,

Ski

I don´t understand why you have to 'roll back' something.

I´m using SIX, playing DayZ at 1.744 and Namalsk at 1.73 simultaneously without problems.

I don´t understand why you have to 'roll back' something.

I´m using SIX, playing DayZ at 1.744 and Namalsk at 1.73 simultaneously without problems.

Yes, you can do that with the community tools. But looking at the server browser it appears "most" people are playing Namalsk servers updated to the 1.7.4.4 patch. I do not know why, but I know my server is dead since 1.7.4.4 and those Namalsk servers that somehow are running it have more people.

So if anyone has a link to the files to update Namalsk .6 to work with dayz 1.7.4.4 I would appreciate it.

Seems to be more delays to the release of Namalsk .7 for some reason.

Ski

Cleaned up the thread, please don't derail it with debates over first/third person mode, there are plenty of other threads already discussing that specifically, this isn't the place, if it continues I will start issuing warnings.

Edited by smasht_AU
  • Like 2

Seems to be more delays to the release of Namalsk .7 for some reason.

The reason is simple - not enough of my precious free time and testing all the things in the upcoming update.

I've changed / added quite lot of things and no matter what I have to be sure everything is working correctly, otherwise, it will break DayZ and Namalsk Crisis together.

I don't want to spend too much time writing something, lets say, I REALLY WANT to have this update on your hdd before this weekend so you all can enjoy new version through this weekend! ;)

• Like 1

The current build (v0.72) just got GO from me. I am going to prepare the release.

• Like 2

Namalsk is an awesome map, looking forward to 0.7 ^^

Imo a few things could be improved, tho:

1) No good spots to build a camp/base

Nobody bothers to build camps or even hide a tent on Namalsk. It could use some small islands that can only be reached by boat or helicopter.

2) Spawn points are too spread out imo

- Survival becomes kinda meaningless if you can just respawn near your corpse and get your gear back in no time.

- Every fresh spawn can make a quick trip to A2 and pick up the gauss rifle. It lessens the feeling of travelling, exploring, and risk vs reward.

- Makes meeting with friends a chore.

btw is there any way to download the source files for the map?

Thanks, yes, I would love to have more terrain, but there is little to no time for that.

I guess I wanted to have these spawn points spread out because of fresh spawn killing - I know, I cannot avoid that completely, but when you get spawns enough spread out, you have very high chances of surviving. Not to mention, that spawn point algorithm seems to select very small amount of spawn points on Namalsk, so, it would be too hardcore to actually have all the spawns on the northen coast for example. You cannot avoid people picking up their bodies too, Namalsk is just too small. How many fresh spawns did you managed to get into A2 and picking up gauss rifle? From my testing and what you guys reported, gauss rifle seems to be pretty rare :D

I don't want to spend too much time writing something, lets say, I REALLY WANT to have this update on your hdd before this weekend so you all can enjoy new version through this weekend! ;)

take your time, it's your baby.

release when you think it's ready.

editZ: w00t, this was quick :D

Edited by Azrail