Sumrak

DayZ: Namalsk

There are no plans for removing ER7 completely, I feel, changes in 0.60 seems to be working pretty nice and ER7 its rare enough. The ER7 is not the problem, duping IS. If I would remove ER7, people will dupe AS50 or something like that.. so what is the point in doing that?

-

I was actually thinking about something around the loot, something like the local server loot setting, I would like to discuss this idea with you guys.

Basically what I mean that the server owners could choose from a variety of different loot setting (default, hardcore, ..).

Everything needed would be included in the current files, no pbo changes for different loot settings etc., what do you think?

I was thinking for example loot setting, where the AK-47 would be almost the most powerful weapon available, but there could be of course more options! (Like russian weapons only, no sniper rifles,..)

If you like it, please shoot me some of your ideas! Thanks a lot! :)

That would be an awesome idea.

Give the server owners ability to change the loot spawns without editing the .pbo file.

I would be forever gratefull.

That would be an awesome idea.

Give the server owners ability to change the loot spawns without editing the .pbo file.

I would be forever gratefull.

NICE Idea, a server where the ak47 is best weapon , image the pvp fights, you can shot back and not just oh i died again from 500m sniper..

NICE Idea, a server where the ak47 is best weapon , image the pvp fights, you can shot back and not just oh i died again from 500m sniper..

In the defence of snipers (the legit ones), 500m shots can be pretty hard to pull off sometimes. If I'm sitting 600m away with a DMR or an M24 getting a kill is usually a challenge and a lot of people don't appreciate that it actually is hard.

It's the >300m ass monkeys with .50cals that suck.

Oh, yeah, I forgot to say... I do not want to announce exact day, because I am being really busy last few days / weeks, but lets say, I would be glad to see this out by the end of this week.

Thanks for all the hard work. Hope to see the update out soon. Will certainly help my server traffic.

Not sure how others have version .60 working on Dayz 1.7.4.4 but with mine still being on 1.7.3 we have almost no traffic now. :(

Ski

can we have the map edited so it shows actually Object A2 instead of object AII

everyone is calling it object ALL because thats how everyone read's it without knowing the background and that it's actually supposed to be a roman numeral.

and on voicechat you won't even know which one is meant, making me go mental <_<

Edited by Azrail

hmmm...Our private Namalsk server is are most popular one.

With private servers i meant the whitelisted one... i know the private (HIVE) server are more popular, since i run the most used Namalsk server right now (almost 50 users h24), and for this reason my server is aimed by cheaters of any sort, so i don't like the ideas of making my "work" even more stressful.

With cheaters i don't mean only those obvious ones (mass killers and such), we run private antihacks to ban any sort of cheaters (including the ones using the ESP.. etc.) .. so we ban like 5 or 6 cheater *PER DAY* ... and believe me, it's a very hard job.. especially when you do it completely for free (we do not ask for donation).

Again: the cheaters aren't only those ones who run scripts or has hacked weapons, they are easy to caught, there's TONS of other smart ones, that doesn't do crazy things, and if you don't look at them you won't notice they are cheating.

Hadn't been able to find anything useful about this bug the first time I experience this, so thought I'd upload this quick clip to show how to get out of this bug quickly and safely.

Edited by Fanaticjam

Thanks all!

You can try, as @ST already said, Namalsk Crisis campaign, you will get all needed background around it, anyway, I can described it here too a bit, because I will do it anyway during the .7 release :)

EVR sequence is basically from Namalsk Crisis story (named and used by NAC to experiment & protect themselves), source is in unknown & old alien structure called A1, capable of doing *I do not want to spoil anything*, so lets say it does stuff. It has nice visual and sound effects. The most important part on the gameplay is however the fact, it will blind players for a moment / make them unconsciousness. It is really pretty dangerous, mainly for human's brain. This sequence will start every 1 - 1.5h. There are 3 possible ways of surviving / dealing with EVR.

a) You will just ignore it, once it starts, you will just do normal stuff and ends up blind for few seconds completely, hurt a bit, then lying on the ground for 30-40 seconds, getting your vision slowly back to normal.

B) You wont ignore it and once it starts, you will start quickly searching for any cover (this is fun part and I think, people, who played Namalsk Crisis will know what about I am talking), and once it will start, you will get similar progress like a) but you wont get hurt

c) You will be lucky enough to find protection device (apsi), you will be able to detect it around 1 minute before others (without apsi) will do and while you will be blind for a few seconds, you wont end lying on the ground and definitely wont get hurt

I have to mention also, that scripts, controlling this thing, were modified and it will behave slightly differently than in Namalsk Crisis or Namalsk Crisis warfare, but that's mainly from the "technical" side so servers wont explode.

18, and yeah, less antibiotics .. if you visit hospital, you will find that there is quite lot of antibiotics currently (thats why I am going to decrease it a bit, but of course not to DayZ original rates) Since .6 there are also medical care packages spawned on the island, those are also source of the antibiotics.

How is the player altered to when the event will occur ? Is there a countdown clock on screen at all times ?

When you say 'seek shelter', do you mean you can just go inside ANY building to be protected from it ?

I wish you would add more residential spawns to the map too. There is often only enough food to make the trip from Vorkuta to Object A2 and back - nowhere else on the map is worth visiting unless you have the EXTREMELY rare Warm Clothes or Antibiotics - which you now want to make EVEN rarer.

Animals are really, really, really rare too. There needs to be balance between 'realism' and the 'fun' of playing the map, a simple thing such as not enough food means your options are limited from the off.

And the Eastern side of the island is ripe for redevelopment. At the moment, all the space is virtually unused, and is a collosal pain in the ass to have to visit just to get medical supplies.

The area east of Vorkuta feels pointless too, as there is nothing there that you can't get elsewhere.

And the temperature system still doesn't work when you go inside.

Wood is pretty hard to find too because the forest areas don't seem often to be recognized correctly by DayZ as been exploitable.

I have to say also Sumrak that you are damn design GENIUS, and BIS should offer you a fulltime job working for them.

Edited by vecuccio

just keep in mind that namalsk was never made nor altered to benefit dayz ;)

Edited by @ST

I just wondered, are zombies also affected by EVR or will it only affect players? Secondly, how much does it injure players if one doesn't seek shelter? Talking about loss of blood.

@vecussio

Well I guess this "knowing the hot spots" can be expected when the map is more familiar. Our group travels pretty much without a map and as we don't use loot maps or so, it's damn hilarious. We don't know where the stuff is supposed to be so we try our luck everywhere - and get beaten badly. Those zombies are really something now, more numerous and forest walkers still scare the shit out of me (especially as my char is on the verge of death and passes out now and then).

But animals are really rare and I don't recall us finding any canned food... And how does campfire work with temperature, it seems to remove the "cold effect" but I don't know if it actually works (we stand on fire to be sure :P). How close one has to stay the fire?

All be darned, just remembered I have camo clothing on my character... T-shirt for the win!

Thanks for all the hard work. Hope to see the update out soon. Will certainly help my server traffic.

Not sure how others have version .60 working on Dayz 1.7.4.4 but with mine still being on 1.7.3 we have almost no traffic now.

Ski

Yeah, well, it works somehow, so, I guess you can upgrade, I am doing progress over this weekend, so hopefully it wont take long time before delivering the .7, which will support 1.7.4.4 on 100%

can we have the map edited so it shows actually Object A2 instead of object AII

everyone is calling it object ALL because thats how everyone read's it without knowing the background and that it's actually supposed to be a roman numeral.

and on voicechat you won't even know which one is meant, making me go mental

Yes, I will change it :P

How is the player altered to when the event will occur ? Is there a countdown clock on screen at all times ?

When you say 'seek shelter', do you mean you can just go inside ANY building to be protected from it ?

I wish you would add more residential spawns to the map too. There is often only enough food to make the trip from Vorkuta to Object A2 and back - nowhere else on the map is worth visiting unless you have the EXTREMELY rare Warm Clothes or Antibiotics - which you now want to make EVEN rarer.

Animals are really, really, really rare too. There needs to be balance between 'realism' and the 'fun' of playing the map, a simple thing such as not enough food means your options are limited from the off.

And the Eastern side of the island is ripe for redevelopment. At the moment, all the space is virtually unused, and is a collosal pain in the ass to have to visit just to get medical supplies.

The area east of Vorkuta feels pointless too, as there is nothing there that you can't get elsewhere.

And the temperature system still doesn't work when you go inside.

Wood is pretty hard to find too because the forest areas don't seem often to be recognized correctly by DayZ as been exploitable.

I have to say also Sumrak that you are damn design GENIUS, and BIS should offer you a fulltime job working for them.

There is no countdown, people with the protection device will be able detect it like 1 minute before the event starts, the rest of the players will see the start when all the visuals and sounds will take place. (there is relatively still lot of time to find a cover before it will escalate)

Yes, you can go to almost any building - it uses similar system like when you are hiding in buildings against cold weather.

Map was not designed for DayZ, it was made for Namalsk Crisis campaign.. and also.. it just happens the space is unused :D does not makes any sense to have something everywhere..

Residential places wont be added as there is already enough of spots with it, I guess you need to spent a bit more time on Namalsk, to understand the island better, because you don't have to go on Tara just for medical supplies and also, east of Vorkuta is not pointless at all.

Antibiotics were rare, with .6 there are not really, so that is the reason why I lower the loot chance a bit. Warm clothes are actually not that rare too now, you just need to get it in the cold areas (or near) :D

Animals are a bit tricky things, I've experimented with it for quite while, sometimes I find more than one, sometimes no animal at all.

Temperature system does work, but you cannot expect that buildings on Namalsk will warm you, they will offer you a cover against rain / snow and maybe at night it wont be that cold in there. Current wood gathering system would need some change in design, because you just need to be on the correct surface (with high grass, no matter if it is in forest / near trees), this is however on the roadmap and could be changed in some future update.

I just wondered, are zombies also affected by EVR or will it only affect players? Secondly, how much does it injure players if one doesn't seek shelter? Talking about loss of blood.

@vecussio

Well I guess this "knowing the hot spots" can be expected when the map is more familiar. Our group travels pretty much without a map and as we don't use loot maps or so, it's damn hilarious. We don't know where the stuff is supposed to be so we try our luck everywhere - and get beaten badly. Those zombies are really something now, more numerous and forest walkers still scare the shit out of me (especially as my char is on the verge of death and passes out now and then).

But animals are really rare and I don't recall us finding any canned food... And how does campfire work with temperature, it seems to remove the "cold effect" but I don't know if it actually works (we stand on fire to be sure ). How close one has to stay the fire?

All be darned, just remembered I have camo clothing on my character... T-shirt for the win!

I was planning to affect also infected, but I was then modifying the scripts and decided to not making it too complicated, so it does only affects players (infected are infected and lets say, their brain does not really care about evr). The current blood loss (its a bit weird, but it is probably only feasible way of doing some damage to player) is 2500 and it gives you a big pain (requires painkillers).

It is always good to search for food where it could possibly be (you probably don't want to search for food on railway bridge for example) - that's the logic I am trying to apply on Namalsk.

Yes it works, it will warm you up. The closer, the better.

Anyway, news on .7..

I went through more polishing & fixing this weekend and I am starting to be pretty satisfied, had to deal with all kinds of BE reports/kicks and some issues around my scripts.

Just a few more hours of work and testing and it will be ready :thumbsup:

• Like 2

With private servers i meant the whitelisted one... i know the private (HIVE) server are more popular, since i run the most used Namalsk server right now (almost 50 users h24), and for this reason my server is aimed by cheaters of any sort, so i don't like the ideas of making my "work" even more stressful.

With cheaters i don't mean only those obvious ones (mass killers and such), we run private antihacks to ban any sort of cheaters (including the ones using the ESP.. etc.) .. so we ban like 5 or 6 cheater *PER DAY* ... and believe me, it's a very hard job.. especially when you do it completely for free (we do not ask for donation).

Again: the cheaters aren't only those ones who run scripts or has hacked weapons, they are easy to caught, there's TONS of other smart ones, that doesn't do crazy things, and if you don't look at them you won't notice they are cheating.

I see what your saying but the problem is even if you ban the er7 the skiddies will just pick another weapon to spawn in. Unfortunatly with the mod this is something we as admins are always going to have to deal with. I'm saying this after we put up our new Taviana server on friday and have already caught and banned 2-3 skiddies since, little feckers were spawning in ammo crates.

Active admining is the only way to keep them in their place.

Anyway, news on .7..

I went through more polishing & fixing this weekend and I am starting to be pretty satisfied, had to deal with all kinds of BE reports/kicks and some issues around my scripts.

Awesome sumrak our member are patiently awaiting the release of .7. Can't wait :) Edited by trichome

You be da awesum!

just daydreaming....maybe the the whole shit with the zombie virus has begun right here at Namalsk and then was brought to the rest of the world by the soldiers which have fought on the island during the crisis....like in "Day by Day Armageddon" written by J.L. Bourne...

dzn_nc2.2_1_small.jpg dzn_nc2.2_2_small.jpg

C-130J crash site

the new hotspot on Namalsk with helicrash loot

If you haven't read it yet, with the upcoming 0.70 version, the way of distributing helicrash loot will be changed and transferred on server as permaloot. That basically means loot will be spawned during the server init and it will stays there, it is same like helicrash loot works in classic DayZ of Chernarus for example. The main 8 helicrash objects (Land_mi8_crashed) will have after 0.70 version loot chance 0, so clients wont be able to spawn anything there except zombies. But they will find the loot there, spawned by server. The new C-130J wreck site have completely the same rule, but it does have a bit more loot spots.

I can also say now, that server side loot table selection will be included in the upcoming 0.70 version, it will start with the initial changes to get the basic framework working, it will also serve as testing feature to see if server owners will be willing to use it. There will be 3 loot classes available, first is CfgBuildingLootNamalsk (which is default), then CfgBuildingLootNamalskNOER7 (the name speaks for yourself) and also CfgBuildingLootNamalskNOSniper (CfgBuildingLootNamalskNOER7 + no sniper rifles). Server side loot table selection is not the only one new configurable option, there are also parameters for EVR and other new things, included in 0.70. Detailed description will be available in the release texts.

Edited by Sumrak
  • Like 3

Oh man I can't wait for 0.70 to be released. Looking forward to all them new guns, new clothing and the EVR sequence so bad! Is it possible to get a max(ETA), as in the maximal number of days until release?

dzn_nc2.2_1_small.jpg dzn_nc2.2_2_small.jpg

C-130J crash site

the new hotspot on Namalsk with helicrash loot

If you haven't read it yet, with the upcoming 0.70 version, the way of distributing helicrash loot will be changed and transferred on server as permaloot. That basically means loot will be spawned during the server init and it will stays there, it is same like helicrash loot works in classic DayZ of Chernarus for example. The main 8 helicrash objects (Land_mi8_crashed) will have after 0.70 version loot chance 0, so clients wont be able to spawn anything there except zombies. But they will find the loot there, spawned by server. The new C-130J wreck site have completely the same rule, but it does have a bit more loot spots.

I can also say now, that server side loot table selection will be included in the upcoming 0.70 version, it will start with the initial changes to get the basic framework working, it will also serve as testing feature to see if server owners will be willing to use it. There will be 3 loot classes available, first is CfgBuildingLootNamalsk (which is default), then CfgBuildingLootNamalskNOER7 (the name speaks for yourself) and also CfgBuildingLootNamalskNOSniper (CfgBuildingLootNamalskNOER7 + no sniper rifles). Server side loot table selection is not the only one new configurable option, there are also parameters for EVR and other new things, included in 0.70. Detailed description will be available in the release texts.

If only the other community devs would take the same route as you sumrak :thumbsup:. Providing the different loot tables is genius and win win for everybody! Thanks for listening.

drools in anticipation :beans:

• Like 1

i am going nuts right here!

stop teasing us, will you >.<

meanwhile on namalsk:

flash11752_Still-Waiting-on-OP.jpg

• Like 1

Oh man I can't wait for 0.70 to be released. Looking forward to all them new guns, new clothing and the EVR sequence so bad! Is it possible to get a max(ETA), as in the maximal number of days until release?

Okay, lets make some deadline, 5 days max :)

i am going nuts right here!

stop teasing us, will you >.<

meanwhile on namalsk:

:D

Later this dayz I will post some pictures of new clothes :) They look pretty nice ^_^

• Like 2

5 days to fix the warp engine Scotty.....you have 5 hours :)

keep up the good work

cheers

Edited by Private Evans

Any info on the release time yet? Can't wait to see the EVR effects!

December 10th latest, according to his last post.

Hey Sumrak. Loving the map.

Any chance you could put an option in the config for us server hosts to add random helicopter crashes, the rusty wrecks and care packages?

I have lots of players asking as they like the exploring/treasure hunting feel they bring to namalsk.

Keep up the good work! Can't wait for the next version (although I'll wait if we get those options!) :)