Sign in to follow this  
theg481

Suggestions to make DayZ more fun, and less boring.

I have been playing DayZ for around 3 months, and i love it. The thing that makes DayZ so good is the realism. But after a while you get bored (when you have good loot etc.) so what most players do is killing other players till they die. Killing players give them something to do, and when they die they have something to do by starting over again.

Here are some suggestions that might improve the gametime before getting bored:

1. Ability to conquer certain area's that will make them yours, and then the area will be marked on the map as your area, people can then join your "group" or try to take the area from you.

- this might look unrealistic but if i was living in an apocalyptic world, then i would take over certain area's and try to make a house/ "safezone" from it. And then held people in my "safezone" and protect them. Some people would offcourse hate my safezone or think it's so good that they would like to take over the place to make it better/be the leader.

2. Ability to create your own missions for other players (like: If you find me [this] then i give you [that]). To create a mission you have to be near a billboard, and your mission will only be displayed on the billboard where you made it (unless you go to other billboards and post it there too). So players that are walking to the billboard can check some missions that players made.

3. Ability to recognize players by looking at them. If you are looking at a player for 10 seconds or longer then a nametag will appear at that player, this nametag will show a random number (1 to 100). When the players talks in Direct Communication (and you can hear/read it) then their number will transform into their name (only works if you have been looking for 10 seconds at him, in other words: If he has a number). Everytime when you look at him his number/name will appear. When you die, all numbers/name's of the players that you've been looking at for 10 or more seconds (recognised) will be removed. And the only way to get their number/name back will be by looking at them for 10 or more seconds. Then another random number will appear (1 to 100), and just like before, he has to talk in Direct Communication to know his name.

- This might look unrealistic too, but actually it is realistic.

Why?

Because if you look at somebody in real life you will also remember him (in game this shows up as a number). And when he talks you will be able to know his name (not in real life, but you would in DayZ). So when he talks you will not recognise that he was the guy who did [this or that] for you, but you will recognise his name.

How the hell would you be able to recognise someone from looking for 10 seconds or longer at him?

You will recognise him by his clothes.

This are my idea's that might improve the experience of DayZ. Leave your toughts below!

Sorry if you don't get some parts, its kinda hard to explain for me since english is not my primary language.

I like most of these ideas, but the identification method you stated, I think it would need to be a lot more complicated than that,

You should read this http://dayzmod.com/f...perma-identity/ it has a very efficient way of dealing with identification. But all in all some good ideas :)

Edited by DeadlySyN

To the silly little thing that appeared for a few brief moments above, mods, I'd have done that as well.

To the OP. Depending on how these events and such are handled, such as how taking over areas is represented, etc, this could be a good suggestion. I'd like to see a map that gets constantly updated every time something like that happened, and you'd be able to mark it down upon the map should you find something new.