DZR_Mikhail

Perma-identity. Nickname is permanent. Nickname as face. Cover face - conceal nickname.

What do you think about this?  

1. 1. What do you think about this?

• Bullshit. Hope it never gets into DayZ standalone.
    • Not very good.
    • Can't decide. Seems ok and doubtful at the same time.
    • I like it.
    • Definitely a must have for DayZ standalone.

I don't like to elaborate for people who choose not to listen. Too much effort, not enough return.

Do not post unless you have something constructive to say.

• Like 1

What if you could put basketball cap backwards or pull up one sleeve? If clothes can have different condition models

, why not different wearing styles ?

"When I put m my hat bakwards it´s time to kill him"

I'm sorry I lack time and I will have to write fast and effective, may be it will be a bit harsh or impolite, but I see you encountered logical problems while assessing my suggestion. I understand what you mean and I'll try ti solve your issues.

1. Using your words with my arguements. "If you die, you are dead. There is no way you can know Chernarus or remember your past experience after death. With present system even after 20 deaths you always know where to run and what to do." It's a game. It cannot have an ability to erase your memory or kill your brain to start over. So, character dies and player does not. Character IS A BODY, the avatar, the representation of a player in the digital world. The mind, intelligence and memory of this character IS PLAYER. It's a solid fact, and you can't reject it. If you accept it, then your statement is false. It's a sad gameplay limitation that you can play again and game doesn't kill you to simulate "if you die, you're dead" at 100% authenticity, sorry.
  2. I was always sure a survival scenario is about doing all your best to not die, to continue existence and life O_o If you play DayZ just to die, I think we'll never find agreement on any issues you propose.
  3. I already stated in the firs post, that permemnent state of you identity is not necessarily locked from first moment till forever. We can have lots of options, depending on common sense. I suggested the most ultimate shape of this feature. Of course a game designer will never take an ultimate shape of a feature and will balance it all out. And of course for the sake of fun and gameplay we can have ability to change name during, e.g., first 2 months of the gameplay, then you can change it again only once and it gets permanent. Of we can have difficulty modes with one character per each: Hardcore - Identity is permanent after a month (no way to change forever), Normal - PID is permanent after 3 months (can change PID once in 6 months, 3 changes allowed in total), Easy - PID can be changed after death (DayZ Mod style). Options are infinte to satisfy almost everyone. But I want people to bear responsibility for their actions and be careful with their identity. It's a choice, not a random anonymous recursive deathmatch you want.
  4. Gosh, why is it complicated? It's my huge wall of text original post that is complicated, it's the issues I underline that are complicated, it's the concept that is complicated, it's the consequences that are complicated - the feature itself is plain and simple. Your identity - YOUR FACE. Want to hide identity - COVER YOUR FACE. Identity is not seen from distance. Period. That all that I want to introduce. It's as authentic as real life is. Visually it is not, because of the hated floating username, but for the sake of hungry children in Africa, hear me: In terms of authenticity and realism - HUMANITY SYSTEM AND USERNAME CHANGING ARE FAILURES - they have nothing in common with real life, not a single point of authenticity. So how can my simulation of identity be less authentic and worse than present system? You want freedom of anonymity and like running killing? You like short gameplay cycles? I mean in 20 minutes, spawn, find problems, die, try again? You don't want to waste time and nerves because you die in any case? You don't want game to get social? You don't think social life and social problems are not a part of a survival scenario? There is something wrong here. Individual survival is always getting social after you won a firefight with bandits, because after you survived, you want to live further. And you either live alone - and my Permaidentity will not be of any trouble to you, or you find a group to play with - and my Permaidentity will aid you to find reliable people you can trust in  roleplay immersive world, not just your friends on Skype\TS\RC.
  5. Who told you you will have only one character. See point #3 for details. And by the way, why is that a problem to be a hero after playing bandit? Good bandits never expose their identities if they need them to be out of record. Cover your face while doing something bad. Reveal you face and act as if it wasn't you. What? They killed you, saw your face and know your identity? You're not very good bandit then. It's always sad to lose and do mistakes. But is it unfair? No, seems perfectly balanced for me. Your actions make your reputation. Much more authentic than starting new life with new name every time you messed with wrong guys :) But I repeat, my feature is not suggesting there can't be more than one characters. I think 3 chars are enough. One if for evil, 2nd for hero, 3rd for recon :) Problem solved? 
  6. Omg, yes, DayZ is about "whom can I trust and whom can I not, whom will I spare and who will be shot, with whom will I share and whom will I loot." I'm doing poetry for you here!!! =D So what is DayZ all about if not about trust and interactions with players? Geeez, this is the social aspect man. I propose adding social simultion with real life like identities. I can't understand why you resist it. But it's you right of course. We want the games we will love to play and tastes differ. But please, don't tell permidentity is unauthentic. I jsut can't understand you: "It is just very unrealistic and unauthentic." compared to what actually? To bandit skin? To anonymous clonefarm shootout? To robotic frag statistics-driven humanity, which is not evaluating self defence, vehicle kills or abusing blood transfusion? Sorry. I'm not convinced by any of your arguements.

1. Just because of missing authenticity, we don't have to remove it completly.

2. I am not sure if we played the same game, but DayZ was never about survival. Hopefully it will be in the SA, but if it was about survival in the mod, then 4 cans of beans and an empty water bottle would have been enough to play the game.

3. Why not just lock a name to a character? I mean, if I want to play a female character and my name is Chuck Norris... just looks f*cking stupid.

4. We had a permaidentity in the mod, I don't think that even 1% of the players change their names every day. And what did this perma identity? Nothing, just these weird situations when I die and come back and a guy tells me "Hey that is him, we died together in cherno!". I mean, wtf?

5. Not a very good bandit because I die? Don't be childish, in DayZ everyone dies sooner or later, it has nothing to do with skill, but with pure luck. You can be as careful as you want to, if you die it is over.

And what sense does your system make if you can just change your character? I mean, I could go try kill someone, change my name and next time I kill him with my "hero" character. Where is the problem?

6. And here I see the problem in your system. I have a question, are people able to have the same names? Or will people run around with names like D4rkKn1ght021? What if I call myself Chuck Norris or Jack? So now everyone who has the name Jack or Chuck Norris can destroy my reputation?

So there are two options I see:

People will indeed carry names like D4rkKn1ght021.

Or people will fake other names to use their reputation for their own good.

7. If you try to kill a player and die, why should you be even more punished? I mean, I would like to be able to try it again, my character died. And here is my point, the death of the character should hurt way more then "destroying my reputation". This is just possible with some sort of character development system, as I mentioned many times before. But if that point is reached and the death of my character, not the loss of the gear, is acutally meaning something, then I do not need a "reputation" system, because I was punished enough by dying. Now I can run around and try again. Why not?

You can't change your name in minecraft, it works fine.

Unless you buy somebody else's copy and get stuck with a different name than your usuals.

But, if we can change it every six months or so it'd be great.

• Like 1

Hopeless... 

Recent changelog

• "Editable character name in main menu"

for buddah's sake... not again...

sigh

facepalm

I thought they'd leave Steam username as it is. Almost worked... almost identity. You could in many cases know who played with you... at least something stable and trusted... But no. Let's bring back the anonymous clone farm... Now the anonymous legion at least dressed differently, but still change names at will. Rocket would hate me for such words, though I'm his fanboy. But this particular nickname issue drives me up the wall for some reason. Dear dev, why bringing character names at all if they're changed at any time without consequence? Let's remove character names from the game at all. Why you bother calling your character Rocket, while anyone can call himself ROcket and do whatever they want. Why WOW has permanent character naming? Because their character have PERMALIFE. They never ever die. They ressurect ith all the life and progress, but loose some gear. In DayZ we have permaDEATH. Characters actually die. Even in WOW they can't be renamed at will with immortal characters... In DayZ chrs die like fleas, renamed at will... 

Strange it's not obvious that it is ruining social aspect. I'm not talking about some guy ruinin ma evenin' gamez... The game and it's atmosphere is comprized of many aspects. While Rocket drives all the force into weapon mods, fantastic clothing system, incredible health and biological aspects to it's most realistic state ever in the game industry... He completely ignores and gives no damn about anything social. Gestures? Clothes? 4 skin tones? ... But still no face. Yes, now it's waay easier to identify your teammate. No complaints for that part. But we're missing a huge social perspective. Personality in DayZ... not just a character to die of axe in 7 minutes.

Sorry for whining. Just a bit aggressive and pissed off for some reason about this point in changelog. Consider it as a post to noone. I hope Rocket never sees this and I forget this idea. A stupid idea no one seems to need. My last post here. Call me when\IF ROcket replies here.

Thanks for support and feedback, but it's wise to bury this unnedded stuff. I'll trust Rocket again.. though wait for private hives and mod tools and create permaidentity for my servers at least.

• Like 1

Let us know when you get it running, I would like to help test.

Since hackers can easily add name-tags to absolutely everything,  it can't be to hard to mod, we just have to wait for BI to give their official blessing.

• Like 1

I think the author has too quickly dismissed the valid criticism that this option would ruin permadeath. 

Basically, I dont care about "my/their knowledge" resetting with my/their death... I do think "others knowledge about my current character" should reset.  There are better ways of handling theproblems this "solution" supposedly addresses: like a SIGNIFICANT death cd per server - die once you cannot relog for 15 min and once you do it cant be on the same server. (the penaties are debatable but i prefer this system to the indestructable Avatar notion presented there).

A "player" does not need to be labled here, because this is not a game about "players" it is about "survivors" your character... This permanent nickface thing is just another crutch so that people can "know who they are dealing with".  The best part about the game is NOT KNOWING... because you wouldnt know!  The fact that two chars are "operated" by the same player 1) doesnt matter because the player's playstyle is dynamic and should be able to change without hinderance... aside from the penalties for dying, and 2) shouldnt matter to any player of dayz... this is not counterstrike... we shouldnt know who we are with.. beyond in game knowlege. 

Thats why i like the target id system they came up with or at least linked to.  It will show you what someone is labled... it assumes your first interaction on close proximity is an exchange of identity (however fake).  I like that that nick woudl be UNCHANGABLE for the life of that character (you cant have multiple nicks for multiple people, though real it just wouldnt work).  I like the idea of masks going one step further... no name comes up. (that part is similar to nickface... but it would all reset on death... cus that guy died

I am in no way in favor of last lives affecting current ones.... I am dramatically in favor of making death such a penalty that people backflip to avoid it.  I am dramatically in favor of making interactions so valuable that you will become known (with or without some gamey help from a KOS neutral sanity and rep system)... but the rules for me are always the same:  No absolute rules, and no info for people beyond what they have access to by interaction and observation.

• Like 1