rocket

You want some more progress screenshots of DayZ Standalone?

What Rocket is saying is that it's easy to add these objects but they're only aesthetic, he wants the players to tell the story...

To put it a different way...

What Rocket is saying is that it's easy to add these objects but they're only atmospheric...

I really hope that is the endgame look that Rocket and crew are working towards, besides the washing machines the whole damn 'apocalypse' is a very tidy and clean looking place so far. Most places look like someone just finished mopping and dusting.

Very nice overpaint ICO :thumbsup:

Bring on the grunge Rocket.

I think textures are whats really needed to set Chenarus+ over the edge.Just go into the editor and bring up the map "Proving Grounds".Once there proceed to the super market(located at crossroads) and experience what a texture upgrade will do.Its the same building but it has huge character suddenly.On one of the backdoors is a poster taped on it.Stuff like this could set apart different buildings that use same model etc.I dunno if textures like that will bring Dayz to its knees though. :|

To put it a different way...

What Rocket is saying is that it's easy to add these objects but they're only atmospheric...

Dont we want a zombie apocalypse atmosphere? I dont think we want a tidy place with zombies.... just doesnt go together..

Dont we want a zombie apocalypse atmosphere? I dont think we want a tidy place with zombies.... just doesnt go together..

Hi ass, if you want to find out information about the stand alone you need to search Tumbler and reddit and who knows where else because what little information that is posted about it is spread throughout the interwebs and we all appreciate that because we don't have much else to do with our lives but search the interwebs for tiny bits of information about video games that we are interested in. Here's a link to answer your question.

http://dayzdev.tumbl...ntinued-i-was-a

*EDIT* Hey, has anybody noticed how fucking hot Sla is? Does anybody know how difficult it is to emigrate to Russia because I think I'm in love. drools

Edited by WargameKlok

Could We get some more screenshots?

Edited by Bornix

Where's the pussy wheel?

You mean "The Pussy Wagon "??

115181.JPG

Edited by Kill8ox

Truthfully, with a "deadline" of before the end of the year, I would like to see some game play video with the new stuff.

Edit for lousy typing.

Edited by Addles

Yea I'm not used to the hush hush of this - its killing me. Would like to see some type of trailer, zombie, weapon, anything honestly - hell, lie to me, show me DayZ MOD and tell me its the standalone at least rocket!!!!!!

Leaked female hero skin,

Leaked new short shotty:

35ltdn6.jpg

• Like 1

What Rocket is saying is that it's easy to add these objects but they're only aesthetic, he wants the players to tell the story...

I don't really get that tbh, obviously before whatever apocalyptic event happened there was large civilian population inhabiting every building in every town, along with the military, emergency services, workers, ect. whereas in the game there's only small bands of survivors left. It doesn't make sense for all the environmental details in the game to be of their doing if you know what I mean

• Like 2

I hope they make the hospital more run-down and dark looking like something terrible happened there.

I liked the setting of the hospital in The Walking Dead. They had clearly started trying to treat the infected which had started to go wrong and they eventually trapped them in part of the hospital.

Dead bodies everywhere, others trying to leave warnings for other survivors 'DONT OPEN DEAD INSIDE'. It looked very eerie - it had the whole 'Oh fuck. What happened here. Oh fuck.'.

Better than the whole 'Few boxes on the floor', make the players search the hospital for supplies.

• Like 3

Yea, exactly what I was thinking just don't make it so clean have like body bags all over the place and blood on the walls and like it has been exposed to the elements. Broken windows, dirt, mold all the good stuff.

agreed ...we defenetely need a bit more " zombie apocalypse" feeling than we have right now especially to get away from this mainly PVP oriented gameplay/feeling that it is at the moment...I know that a lot or most of it will be provided by the new game mechanics, features and improvments, but the gameworld has to be believable as a whole..means beside the gameplay aspects, the devs ( and we) have to imagine how the world would look like after it was at last overun by the infected and what has happened during the last maybe "28 days"...at the beginning people would go or be brought to the hospitals and medical camps....at some point things would get completely out of control....people, especially from the bigger towns, would try to escape..imagine the chaos....the miltary executing people...car, plane, heli and train crashes, etc... then finally the last stand...the infected overun the last barricades....

don't get me wrong we do not need blood and gore all over the place..I imagine most of the private house, villages and factories would even look pretty normal and peaceful ( which could be more scary than to have them covered in blood)...but the "hot spots" like hospitals, evac points, escape routes etc etc should tell us a story of the apocalype based on the scenery but also on our imagination....

adding a few well placed small easter eggs here and there like writings on a wall, barricated rooms and/or houses, notes and newspapers providing some background lore would make it perfect

just my thoughts

Edited by Private Evans
  • Like 6